It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MagicBoy: Thank you. I tested all later versions and I really don't know why it is not working with my Win10 PC. But it's okay, with v1.41 I have no problems & will keep playing with that one.
dahbk: If you use windows version (iso file) I can add that the issues you described in previous post are similar if your homm2 iso image is not in very first virtual drive.
I use the GOG windows version of the game (v2.1). In Heroes 1 I do have iso file and it works fine.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by MagicBoy
AKuHAK... I don't know you, but I love you!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Post edited December 12, 2020 by panguitarra
Been playing some heroes 3 hota with a buddy lately but felt like firing up heroes 2 again. Found this wrapper thing and I've been trying to get it to work and I'm just so confused going through this thread for what works and what doesn't. I'm using GOG windows version, I've tried a dozen different wing32 files and some of them have music and some of them don't, but every single one of them I have the same problem; as soon as I interact with anything on the map (fight an enemy, pick something up, step on a location) I can no longer interact with the screen and it's like the game freezes. If I fought an enemy or picked something up it will play the sound associated with that interaction but the object doesn't disappear. Music keeps playing, I can move the cursor around on the screen but it doesn't change to interact/move. Right now I think I'm using wing32 v 141, the latest ones either don't have music or don't have music and sound.

Playing on windows 10 if that matters. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using my H2 gold cd.
MIkeKathos: Been playing some heroes 3 hota with a buddy lately but felt like firing up heroes 2 again. Found this wrapper thing and I've been trying to get it to work and I'm just so confused going through this thread for what works and what doesn't. I'm using GOG windows version, I've tried a dozen different wing32 files and some of them have music and some of them don't, but every single one of them I have the same problem; as soon as I interact with anything on the map (fight an enemy, pick something up, step on a location) I can no longer interact with the screen and it's like the game freezes. If I fought an enemy or picked something up it will play the sound associated with that interaction but the object doesn't disappear. Music keeps playing, I can move the cursor around on the screen but it doesn't change to interact/move. Right now I think I'm using wing32 v 141, the latest ones either don't have music or don't have music and sound.

Playing on windows 10 if that matters. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using my H2 gold cd.
v155 has some weird issues for sure. However v154 works just fine for me.
I also use win10 and windows version. You can find previous versions of the wrapper in my earlier posts on this thread.

One thing to watch out for is that you have to put iso in very first virtual cd drive. That helps with music and game stuttering. At least for me this always has been the case. Game disc has to be in very first cd drive - lowest driver letter after hard disk drives.

Also wing32.dll wrapper uses settings file to specify cd drive letter and some other settings. I'm not aware if that would help but you can try to adjust the drive setting in config.ini file (about line 68).

I does not matter if it is SW, POL or GOLD ISO or physical cd.
I put my h2 gold cd into the drive and it's reading from the disc, so it seems the only problem then is that as soon as I interact with any object on the map the game stops working. Music and sound still plays and I can go to File > Quit which brings up the in-game prompt asking you to quit and I can click yes or no on that but that's all I can interact with. I can go into a battle and the battle works just fine, but as soon as I get out of the battle I can't interact with the screen anymore and the enemy doesn't even disappear.
H2 GL wrapper can play music from local folder now
Hi.

Bought a new PC with Windows 10. Copied the already installed game from the USB flash drive, and the game complained about the lack of WING32.dll.

Reinstalled the game (Windows version) and it started in a window. After switching to full screen mode, the game froze on a black screen and I could not close it through the Task Manager.

The question is, how to start the game now if it immediately goes into full screen mode and only restarting helps?
MIkeKathos: I put my h2 gold cd into the drive and it's reading from the disc, so it seems the only problem then is that as soon as I interact with any object on the map the game stops working. Music and sound still plays and I can go to File > Quit which brings up the in-game prompt asking you to quit and I can click yes or no on that but that's all I can interact with. I can go into a battle and the battle works just fine, but as soon as I get out of the battle I can't interact with the screen anymore and the enemy doesn't even disappear.
With newest gl wrapper there is one more extra winmm.dll file. You have to usei it to.
Manguse: Hi.

Bought a new PC with Windows 10. Copied the already installed game from the USB flash drive, and the game complained about the lack of WING32.dll.

Reinstalled the game (Windows version) and it started in a window. After switching to full screen mode, the game froze on a black screen and I could not close it through the Task Manager.

The question is, how to start the game now if it immediately goes into full screen mode and only restarting helps?
Try to go to game folder, locate config file and change the full screen property.

Download latest wrapper. Extract both dll and put them in game dir of you haven't already
On the side note:
I have experienced problems with performance if game is installed in default path (program files x 86). It has to so with windows permissions. Wrapper can't change config file so ot does not work right.Try installing game in different directory.
Post edited January 21, 2021 by dahbk
Alex7GOG: H2 GL wrapper can play music from local folder now
Thank you, it is working great!
Post edited January 30, 2021 by MagicBoy
Hey there folks, I've been reading over the thread and some of you also seem to have encountered problems with sound effects in the Heroes 2 Windows version.
With this sound effects go away all-together in the current version of the GOG version. Anyone found a way to bring back the sound? Preferably in a way that isn't abruptly cut off like in the default GOG version?
unacomn: Hey there folks, I've been reading over the thread and some of you also seem to have encountered problems with sound effects in the Heroes 2 Windows version.
With this sound effects go away all-together in the current version of the GOG version. Anyone found a way to bring back the sound? Preferably in a way that isn't abruptly cut off like in the default GOG version?
Download latest and greatest gl wrapper form official web page.
Install all the files in your game directory.
If you need older version, grab one here.
Post edited March 13, 2021 by dahbk
Can someone help a newbie out and walk me through how to install the wrapper for HOMM1? I downloaded the file but I don't see the original dll files (WING32 / WINMM) in my game's data files. I was under the impression I would replace something.

Any help is appreciated!
cvicari: Can someone help a newbie out and walk me through how to install the wrapper for HOMM1? I downloaded the file but I don't see the original dll files (WING32 / WINMM) in my game's data files. I was under the impression I would replace something.

Any help is appreciated!
Just put all the files and folders from wrapper package in to your game folder that contains the game exe. That should work.
Post edited June 12, 2021 by dahbk
Noob question here, how are people playing Heroes 1 with the wrapper? I'm assuming it has to be the Win95 version, so do you use virtualbox or is there a way to install my old CD copy on my Windows 7/10 machine?

EDIT: Never mind, found a post describing how to install it on 64-bit systems.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Seraphim5683
Seraphim5683: Noob question here, how are people playing Heroes 1 with the wrapper? I'm assuming it has to be the Win95 version, so do you use virtualbox or is there a way to install my old CD copy on my Windows 7/10 machine?

EDIT: Never mind, found a post describing how to install it on 64-bit systems.
The Windows version of Heroes 1 had several releases. Earliest one has a 16 bit installer, so it cannot be installed on x64 OS and Win7/10. You need to have subsequent CD releases, like Millennium Edition, which has a 32 bit (x86) installer, so the game can be installed on x64 OS.

Otherwise, use Win95/98/Me VM to install game, and copy it onto the host machine