It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have an extremely stupid question. This is my first time updating a game on GOG. How do I install the patch? I downloaded the initial version, and this is what I see on my shelf. Do I download the big ol' installer file?
Attachments:
shmerl: Thanks!
JudasIscariot: Thank Double Fine :)
Thank shmerl for reporting it. ;)
thestolar: I have an extremely stupid question. This is my first time updating a game on GOG. How do I install the patch? I downloaded the initial version, and this is what I see on my shelf. Do I download the big ol' installer file?
The Mac and Linux versions have their entire installers replaced at this time.
Thanks - I assume my save games will remain as is once I re-install?
thestolar: Thanks - I assume my save games will remain as is once I re-install?
Yes but make a back up just in case :)
thestolar: Thanks - I assume my save games will remain as is once I re-install?
You'd better back them up. You never know... you can see here where they are located: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/16213/
Post edited February 03, 2015 by Nephilim88
JudasIscariot: - Smush movies skip first frame which causes them to loop incorrectly.
- Missing hotspots in ri.set.
- Can get locked in the inventory in the Beaver Dam area during the extinguisher puzzle.
- Backgrounds appear black on the Intel HD 4000 for some users.
- Manny can get stuck in the packing room.
- Bread can become invisible in your inventory after you use it on the roof.
Well, nice of them to admit to bugs they've introduced. ;)
JudasIscariot: - Smush movies skip first frame which causes them to loop incorrectly.
- Missing hotspots in ri.set.
- Can get locked in the inventory in the Beaver Dam area during the extinguisher puzzle.
- Backgrounds appear black on the Intel HD 4000 for some users.
- Manny can get stuck in the packing room.
- Bread can become invisible in your inventory after you use it on the roof.
SirPrimalform: Well, nice of them to admit to bugs they've introduced. ;)
Yeah, I already noticed the missing bread bug. Bugs with Manny being stuck / locked sound worrying.
Post edited February 03, 2015 by shmerl
What about decent subtitle support? :(

Having to fiddle with the files to get the subtitle you want while playing the game in English is STOOPID!
Nephilim88: No, OpenGL versions lower than 3.3 are still unsupported. I had your same thought and tried to run Grim Fandango Remastered on my Intel HD Graphics 3000 (that supports OpenGL 3.1) and it didn't work, but it works great if I set it to run with the AMD Radeon HD 7670M (though I don't know exactly what OpenGL version it supports, but with the latest drivers it should be 4.4 or 4.5).
bonorbitz: I have a laptop that has Intel Graphics 3000 and was hoping to play the game there because it's hooked up to the big screen in the living room. Thankfully that isn't my main gaming PC, but I was hoping that I could play the classic version on it, at least.

I don't understand why the program won't even launch because of 3.1 or what Open GL does exactly in the first place...
OpenGL is the same kind of thing as DirectX.

Think of it this way: If your graphics card can only support up to DirectX9, and you try to play a game that requires DirectX10, it's not going to work. Same principle here. You're trying to play a game using hardware that doesn't support the code the game was written with.
I wanted to download this version 1.2.2 for Linux. It is announced as 1.2.2 in the download section, but when I click on it, it downloads the version 1.1.0.7.
rastersoft: I wanted to download this version 1.2.2 for Linux. It is announced as 1.2.2 in the download section, but when I click on it, it downloads the version 1.1.0.7.
That's the version number of the tar.gz file itself, not the game version.
Thanks for the update!!

bonorbitz: I have a laptop that has Intel Graphics 3000 and was hoping to play the game there because it's hooked up to the big screen in the living room. Thankfully that isn't my main gaming PC, but I was hoping that I could play the classic version on it, at least.

I don't understand why the program won't even launch because of 3.1 or what Open GL does exactly in the first place...
staticblast: OpenGL is the same kind of thing as DirectX.

Think of it this way: If your graphics card can only support up to DirectX9, and you try to play a game that requires DirectX10, it's not going to work. Same principle here. You're trying to play a game using hardware that doesn't support the code the game was written with.
This isn't exact. While different DX versions may have very different APIs, OpenGL versions build over previous ones adding new extensions. Building the graphical engine around one set of extensions or another is what makes the requirement for the OGL version. Making some features optional could lower the version requirement. I'm not saying this is always easy to do, but for this kind of game I guess it could be possible.

Not complaining about the game, I'm very pleased with it as it is. Anyway, being able to play it in the TV thru my Media Center that has an Intel card would be extremely cool. :)
Post edited February 04, 2015 by berarma
berarma: Thanks for the update!!

staticblast: OpenGL is the same kind of thing as DirectX.

berarma: This isn't exact. While different DX versions may have very different APIs, OpenGL versions build over previous ones adding new extensions. Building the graphical engine around one set of extensions or another is what makes the requirement for the OGL version. Making some features optional could lower the version requirement. I'm not saying this is always easy to do, but for this kind of game I guess it could be possible.
Maybe, but that largely depends on which features you are using that drive the higher version requirement. For instance, if it's a necessary thing to facilitate the switch between old-style and new-style, that would present an almost insurmountable challenge.
staticblast: Maybe, but that largely depends on which features you are using that drive the higher version requirement. For instance, if it's a necessary thing to facilitate the switch between old-style and new-style, that would present an almost insurmountable challenge.
Knowing that graphically more demanding games like Quake 3, 4 or Doom 3 used OpenGL 1.x, it seems to me that GF requiring OpenGL 3.3 is an absurd requirement. The same with the minimum 4GB RAM requirement. They're acting like lazy developers or hardware sellers.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by berarma