It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Question for those of you with 2.0 already, or perhaps even GoG staff if it's unknown. I'm curios about games I have on Steam and future DLC. I'll use Stellaris as an example here. It's a game I own on Steam with most of the DLC. I have 3 more recent DLC to get still, but I do not want to spend another cent with Valve. So my hope is that I can get the remaining DLC from GoG, and play it once I import my Steam Library (after gaining access to 2.0). Anyone know if this is as long a shot as I think it is, or if it will be possible to do this?

I'd be happy to move the game permanently to GoG alternatively to make this possible. But AFAIK that only works if developers allow this through GoG.....
So far the only thing I am confused about is the ability to add friends over different platforms. AFAIK, it only allows me to do so over Facebook, and I want nothing to do with that. I have friends over ALL of the platforms I imported to GOG, but I can't add them regardless onto GOG 2.0. Is that a function that might be implemented later? Or is it just too much of a stretch to do that? I enjoyed looking at all the stats over the years from all my stuff, lol.
It's on the way bro, waiting for it too. :-)

If you check this site : https://wwwgogalaxycom/en/ (deleted dots)
And scroll a bit lower, you can see
One friends list Soon
Bring together your friends from all platforms, and see their online status
Post edited November 22, 2019 by Chealoky
After 5 months of waiting I finally got my invite yesterday.
What can I say - it was absolutely worse waiting! For me this client is definitely a game changer. It is not perfect yet, but it is so much closer to perfect then everything on the market that I'm totally satisfied with what it looks like right now!
From now on I'm going to buy all new games in GOG instead of Steam, just to support development of this awesome launcher!
Yama-Kami: I'll use Stellaris as an example here. It's a game I own on Steam with most of the DLC. I have 3 more recent DLC to get still, but I do not want to spend another cent with Valve. So my hope is that I can get the remaining DLC from GoG, and play it once I import my Steam Library (after gaining access to 2.0).
GOG Galaxy 2.0 won't replace a game's respective launcher (as far as I know): only consolidate the librar[y|ies] and friends across platforms. You will not (easily) be able to use keys or DLC cross-platforms.

In this instance, I know for certain that the Steam version for all Paradox games authenticate the DLC by inspecting your activated keys (meaning you would still need a Steam key which - in any case - would pay commission to Valve).
Yama-Kami: I'll use Stellaris as an example here. It's a game I own on Steam with most of the DLC. I have 3 more recent DLC to get still, but I do not want to spend another cent with Valve. So my hope is that I can get the remaining DLC from GoG, and play it once I import my Steam Library (after gaining access to 2.0).
Aisyx: GOG Galaxy 2.0 won't replace a game's respective launcher (as far as I know): only consolidate the librar[y|ies] and friends across platforms. You will not (easily) be able to use keys or DLC cross-platforms.

In this instance, I know for certain that the Steam version for all Paradox games authenticate the DLC by inspecting your activated keys (meaning you would still need a Steam key which - in any case - would pay commission to Valve).
I was more or less expecting it to not be possible. However if in anyways it is possible then I would very much like to get my DLC here even if I already own the game on another platform. Technically the only platform we are all using is PC. I guess I have to hope for Stellaris and Frost Punk, and Cuphead to have GoG connect. Or resign myself to not getting said DLC. As I am done with Valve and unwilling to make purchases through Steam moving forward. Doing my best to avoid EGS too, as I am not pro exclusives on PC. Though at this stage I would sooner use them than Steam if there are no other alternatives.

At least this is only an issue for games I already have (silver lining if there's any)

So I guess @GoG staff, requesting if in anyway possible to drag my library over permanently from Steam, or any other options that would allow me to purchase DLC from GoG if I already own the content the DLC is for. I'm sure this is far less simple to achieve than it should be, maybe even impossible. Hope dies last though so I'll hold onto hope for now.
叶落凋零: 今天收到邀请就试了下,我的系统是1903最新的版本,初试了下有四个问题:
1、育碧端的游戏读取不完全。
2、steam连接后一直显示离线状态,且游戏库存读取不了。
3、橘子平台能连接,就是连接以后总是在离线状态。
4、客户端不能放在c盘以外的硬盘,不安装到c盘就完全打不开。
感觉目前和gog整合的最好的应该是epic平台了,想建议能一个平台多连几个账号就好了,steam平台现在一般最少两个号来着,谢谢邀请测试,希望越来越好
Machine translation:
I tried it today after receiving the invitation. My system is the latest version of 1903. There are four problems in the initial test:
1. The game of Ubisoft is not completely read.
2. After the steam connection, the offline status is displayed, and the game inventory cannot be read.
3, the orange platform can be connected, that is, the connection is always offline.
4, the client can not be placed on the hard disk other than the c drive, not installed to the c drive will not open.
I feel that the best integration with gog and the gog platform should be the epic platform. I would like to suggest that you can have more than one account for a platform. The steam platform is usually at least two numbers. Thank you for inviting the test. Hope is getting better and better.
叶落凋零: 今天收到邀请就试了下,我的系统是1903最新的版本,初试了下有四个问题:
1、育碧端的游戏读取不完全。
2、steam连接后一直显示离线状态,且游戏库存读取不了。
3、橘子平台能连接,就是连接以后总是在离线状态。
4、客户端不能放在c盘以外的硬盘,不安装到c盘就完全打不开。
感觉目前和gog整合的最好的应该是epic平台了,想建议能一个平台多连几个账号就好了,steam平台现在一般最少两个号来着,谢谢邀请测试,希望越来越好
toxicTom: Machine translation:

I tried it today after receiving the invitation. My system is the latest version of 1903. There are four problems in the initial test:
1. The game of Ubisoft is not completely read.
2. After the steam connection, the offline status is displayed, and the game inventory cannot be read.
3, the orange platform can be connected, that is, the connection is always offline.
4, the client can not be placed on the hard disk other than the c drive, not installed to the c drive will not open.
I feel that the best integration with gog and the gog platform should be the epic platform. I would like to suggest that you can have more than one account for a platform. The steam platform is usually at least two numbers. Thank you for inviting the test. Hope is getting better and better.
toxicTom:
I'm going to have to guess (#3) the "orange" platform is Origin, as it sounds similar and has an orange logo...

Though I have nothing for "The steam platform is usually at least two numbers"....
Yama-Kami: I'm going to have to guess (#3) the "orange" platform is Origin, as it sounds similar and has an orange logo...

Though I have nothing for "The steam platform is usually at least two numbers"....
I think this relates to "I would like to suggest that you can have more than one account for a platform."
Meaning, many people on Steam have (at least) two accounts. This is true for people who face censorship by Steam. To use some games uncensored or at all you have to use VPN to mask your country of origin. This is forbidden by Steam (since you can also cheat the regional prices) and may result in an account lock. So many people use multiple accounts - one main account for all "normal" game, and a VPN-account for censores/locked games (or even one per game), so you don't lose everything when the VPN account is banned.

Btw.:

is not true, I have Galaxy on G without problems.
Post edited November 22, 2019 by toxicTom
Yama-Kami: I'm going to have to guess (#3) the "orange" platform is Origin, as it sounds similar and has an orange logo...

toxicTom: I think this relates to "I would like to suggest that you can have more than one account for a platform."
Meaning, many people on Steam have (at least) two accounts. This is true for people who face censorship by Steam. To use some games uncensored or at all you have to use VPN to mask your country of origin. This is forbidden by Steam (since you can also cheat the regional prices) and may result in an account lock. So many people use multiple accounts - one main account for all "normal" game, and a VPN-account for censores/locked games (or even one per game), so you don't lose everything when the VPN account is banned.

Btw.:

toxicTom: is not true, I have Galaxy on G without problems.
Ah that makes sense! As a Canadian I had not thought of the censor issues. Cheers for that bit of insight :)

Also as per connections not working. Good buddy of mine got his 2.0 yesterday, and he was able to integrate his libraries from Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc. 4K plus games too, and had no troubles to speak of. Well he mentioned it took a while... but hell! Over 4K games would lol. Par for the course if you will. So perhaps this is a user issue, or an ISP one given where I would assume this user lives, and the dubious nature of ISP's there.
Post edited November 22, 2019 by Yama-Kami
good day

I am unable to log in - error messages states user not found

email - gerhardus.meyer1@gmail.com
Can there be a feature added once you close a game, say in steam, That it will close the steam program aswell?
All I want for christmas is for Galaxy to stop starting other game clients. Work something out with UbiSoft qtleast because Uplay has a history of breaking the programs thats it applies its overlay to. Pitch the idea of running a lightweight shell of Uplay, Origin, or Steam, within Galaxy client. All I care about is avoiding compatibility issues between clients running at the same time or trying to force theor overlays onto a program at the same time.
So far I am loving the new galaxy client :D
Post edited November 22, 2019 by niteshade
I tried to install GOG GALAXY 2.0 on Windows 8.1 x64, installer just loads system libraries and immediately exits with code -1073740791 (according to ProcessMonitor)