It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gothic series, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Panzer Elite, Painkiller, Aquanox 1 and 2, and more, 60% off!

This weekend we've prepared for you a promo featuring some very [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/nordic_games_weekend_promo_140613]Notable Nordic Games! Looking at the catalog of titles available on GOG.com via the publisher Nordic Games, one just cannot miss the fact how exeptional some of them are. Just look! There's one of the most notable RPG sagas. There's one of the FPS games most notable for its old-school gameplay. There's a war game notable for being one of the few tank simulation games. There's an adventure dilogy notable for brilliantly spoofing the fantasy genre as a whole. Everywhere you look--an exceptional game that deserves appreciation. Hence the promo title: Notable Nordic Games. Let's take a quick look at two of them, shall we?

The Book of Unwritten Tales references almost all imaginable popular fantasy worlds, that you visited in your books, movies, and games. It comes in the form of a classic point-and-click adventure with impressive and detailed visuals, quirky characters, and professional voice acting. Whether you're a Terry Pratchett reader, a WoW player, or a fan of Peter Jackson's vision of Lord of The Rings, you'll have a blast discovering all the references the game's creators are making here. On top of that, by the Great Rule Of Fantasy Sagas, so zealously followed by many writers, filmmakers, and game developers, there is a sequel!

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles could do just fine by only copying its predecessor. After all--that's what many successful sequels do. The creators, however, made damn sure to give you a plethora of fresh and funny ideas, a cast of new crazy characters, and plenty of previously unseen locations. Both games are available in English and German versions, for Windows and Mac, and the price is only $7.99 for each!

That's merely scratching the surface, of course! Head out to the promo page to browse the full list of games you can grab 60% off until Tuesday, June 18, at 3:59AM GMT.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by G-Doc
tinyE: I got em both.
Licurg: Good boy !
*bark*
tinyE: *bark*
*Throws doggie-treat*
tinyE: *bark*
Licurg: *Throws doggie-treat*
I also picked up the Neighbors game to remind me what it was like actually having neighbors. That should be fun.
I've also picked up Neighbours from Hell - it's a pretty cool game, though the later levels get quite challenging, I don't think I've ever beaten the whole game, maybe now's the time.
Uh... At the risk of being a bit of a dork, weren't most or all of those games actually made in Germany? (Which kind of isn't Nordic, ya?) Or am I misinformed?
Silent_Warrior: Uh... At the risk of being a bit of a dork, weren't most or all of those games actually made in Germany? (Which kind of isn't Nordic, ya?) Or am I misinformed?
But they were all published by a company "Nordic Games" ;)
Post edited June 17, 2013 by Ghorpm
Silent_Warrior:
'Nordic Games' is the name of the Austrian games publisher publishing these games these days. More info on Wikipedia.

Edit: Ninja'd
Post edited June 17, 2013 by The-Business
And the company is called "Nordic Games" because it's a daughter of a Swedish company, that is also called "Nordic Games" - and Sweden is definitely a nordic country. :p
Fesin: ...and Sweden is definitely a nordic country. :p
You wouldn't be so sure if you went to Husby...
Which is better Gothic 2 or 3?
Is book of unwritten tales worth 2 games? (mo budget atm)
McDon: Which is better Gothic 2 or 3?
Gothic 2 is unmatched. Just bought a copy 5 minutes ago so I can give it away via puzzle.
McDon: Which is better Gothic 2 or 3?
Gothic 2.
You win again GOG. $22 more of my money in the GOG Vault.
Attachments:
Ghorpm: But they were all published by a company "Nordic Games"
Oh. Right-o, then I was just being silly. Carry on.
Ghorpm: But they were all published by a company "Nordic Games"
Silent_Warrior: Oh. Right-o, then I was just being silly. Carry on.
Nah, it was a reasonable question. My first reaction was similar: "WTF?! Are they trying to tell me that Germany is a Nordic country?!"