It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Baldur's Gate 1&2, and other D&D classics up to 80% off

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ][/url]So, we heard you like Dungeons & Dragons games. Oh, believe us--so do we. The high adventure in the Forgotten Realms simply never gets old. Other D&D settings saw their respective excellent games as well. Each and every one of the 10 classic Hasbro D&D games in GOG.com offer is a gem of its own shine, color, and vibe. We know that every computer RPG fan would like to see their complete collection on their GOG.com shelf. That's why today, we offer you the unbelievable [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo[/url]! You can get the entire Hasbro D&D collection on GOG.com for as little as $21.90!

With amazing timeless RPG classics such as Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga and--discounted for the first time ever on GOG.com--Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete, this is an offer you simply can't ignore. This is a stacking promo, so the more games land in your shopping cart, the bigger your discount gets (and if you own any of the games from the promo, they already count towards your discount--keeping it fair for the biggest fans). Time to dust off those D20s! There are deeds of valour to perform in many fantastic lands--go to our [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo page[/url] and complete your collection!

As usual, below you'll find a new episode of This Week on GOG, a short video guide to recent events, promos, and other happenings on the site. By the way, if you haven't already, you might want to follow the GOG.com channel on Youtube, so you won't miss our shows, specials, and exclusive trailers.

But that's not all that's happening on our YouTube channel, no sir! There's a chance to win some games if you're subscribing it. We'll get back to you with some more details later today. Now, don't let us keep you from diving into that [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo[/url], full of games we all love and enjoy.
This series has been taunting me for a while, but alas, I'm a little short on cash this week, so I was wondering, which game do you think offers the best introduction to this fantastical universe for someone with absolutely no D&D experience? Thanks in advance.
So many games to play, i have missed out most of these gems as i was a child at that time, but now i shall buy them as i couldn't find them in stores or websites or any pirate sites, hopefully they run on Win 7 and 8 !
I've been waiting for the Neverwinter series to go on sale. I have the box version of NWN, but have lost the original product codes and can't re-install on my new laptop. I never really wanted the other games, but I'll buy the full bundle anyway since it is a good deal. I don't know when I'll get the time to play them all (along with all the other games I have). Thanks GOG!
This is an incredible promo, and if I didn't have most of these games in various other forms I'd be sorely tempted.
*looks at the deal*

Good...GOD.

*gets a towel*
I was expecting Pay What You Want promo for Hasbro titles. But this promo can handle that job ;)

Anyway, what about new PWYW sales?
My wallet bleeds.
This promo struck me like thunder, I've already had most of these games and finally managed to pick up Planescape: Torment and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Now only D&D Dragonshard and Demon Stone are left to finish my collection. *Which I'm highly considering*

Thank you GOG! You just made my weekend <3
collection completed
This is a MUST HAVE!

Unless...you've played every one of this games, some ot them twice.
Unless...you don't have a spare 1000+ hours for these fantastic games (although Demon stone and Grayhawk are not that good as the other ones).
Unless...you already don't own the CD versions of these games (NWN2 excluded).

I do fullfill all these conditions. I got to cry into my pillow, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
Personally I think this is the best promo thus far...

Nuff said.
sushirogue: This series has been taunting me for a while, but alas, I'm a little short on cash this week, so I was wondering, which game do you think offers the best introduction to this fantastical universe for someone with absolutely no D&D experience? Thanks in advance.
When asking for game suggestions, you need to indicate what kind of games interest you. Games other people love you may hate, and vice versa. Here's what little I can tell you:

IWD1+2: Haven't played, but I hear they're hack'n'slash
BG1+2: Awesome games, top 5 of my whole life (some of that's notalgia). Notice though the recent release of BG:EE, because some thought there was a market for a remake. A good number of mods available.
Dragonshard: No clue
Demonstone: No clue
TOEE: Unplayable on release, you need to get the massive Co8 fan patch, which revolutionizes the game. Based on a massive game module from the 80's, good game with a good vibe, smaller than the other games. One story, so somewhat limited replay value. Still good though. Newest game barring NWN2
NWN1+2: Played 1 not 2. NWN came with a toolset allowing modders to make tons of mods. LOTS of mods out there. NWN came after the other games, so younger gamers or people who don't like playing 20 yr old games may prefer this one.
PST: Hailed as perhaps the best story game here. Like BG, also getting a remake decades later. Just look at the Kickstarter page to see how eager fans are for a sequel. Almost $4.5 million pledged for a 900K project. That's love.

To me as a D&D lifer, I'd say BG1 is prolly your best place to enter the D&D universe. BG/ IWD/ PST use D&D 2nd Edition rules, NWN and TOEE use 3.5. PST may have a great story (I haven't played it) but it's set in an area and has characters that are not typical for the medieval european setting that is D&D. PST MAY be the best game here (highly subjective) but I wouldn't say it's the best intro to the D&D universe.

If you prefer lots of killing with little story, go IWD. Story and killing, BG. Story with little combat PST (just know PST is atypical). Don't like really old games and want something fairly newish, NWN.
sushirogue: This series has been taunting me for a while, but alas, I'm a little short on cash this week, so I was wondering, which game do you think offers the best introduction to this fantastical universe for someone with absolutely no D&D experience? Thanks in advance.
It is difficult to really put an order of play on these titles since they are really the cream of the crop with regards to D&D lore. Games like Ultima VII and such are probably the only grand titles missing out on this promotion. I can give you a suggestion on 3 titles (series).

The Baldur series 1 and 2 are a well established classic that is really and I do mean really loved. The game in itself is normal for a now-a-days standard, isotropic view, modified yet good game mechanics, etc. The reason why this game is so loved though is that the characters in the game are wonderful. They are fleshed out and it is as if you get to know them and their personalities. This game did so much to create characters that feel real and living that you will always hear about the Baldur series whenever D&D is discussed.

The Temple of Elemental Evil will always be a personal favorite of mine. Boy do I love this game. Flaws and all. It might or might not be the game you buy if you have limited funds, but if you do, you will experience what D&D has always been about. The game in itself is short and the locations limitied. Few, very few towns, mostly it all takes place in exploring the tower (temple). What makes this game so exceptional is the application of the rules (rolls). It is superb in this aspect. You can't play this game without having activated the "show the rolls" aspect of it. At least that is what I think. They are so well executed that it is the only reason, the only reason I can think as to why this game has such a cult following. Simply incredible.

Planescape is likely your best bet if you are on a limited budget. Mainly because it will give you a good bang for the buck. The game is long. I do mean loooong. But don't mistake long for boring. It is well thought off and at the highest standards when it comes to D&D. It also breaks the mold of D&D being in a medieval setting (dragons, knights, swords, etc) which I think gives it a bit of "specialness" in that aspect.

The Icewind Dale series and the Neverwinter Night series are classics. I don't go into much detail about them, even though I played them to death and really like them, but I can't seem to find anything that makes them stand out in comparison to the other ones. That said, you can't go wrong with these games in terms of D&D enjoyment. I love both series.

That's pretty much it, hope my opinion helps a bit.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by Buenro-games
Had all the games on the list besides NW2 and with it only being $4 I had to give in and buy it :) gog rocks with all its deals
Planescape Torment was one of the few games I played where I was sad when I knew I was getting close to finishing it. I simply didn't want it to end...I think there were multiple endings and I should probably replay it get a better idea what happened since it was a bit confusing for me.