It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG.com & CD Projekt RED Special Event, October 2012

In case you missed it, watch here the whole CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Special Event 2012.

And here's the shortened version of what GOG.com announced at the CDP RED & GOG.com special event on 18 October 2012.

Wait for the longer summary tomorrow and the full stream coming soon!
You know...

Hey, GOG, is there any way I can buy one of those GOGBooks? I'm serious. That'd be a terrifically geeky gag item to have.
Mivas: Mac and Linux have a core system in common. It's not same but newer version of iOS is based on Unix.
Uh, you might want to brush up your knowledge about the history of Unix, BSD, OSX and Linux.
puxili: Quite underwhelming....
RafaelLopez: *sigh* I couldn't make it to watch the event, but is that it? GOG on Mac? What was the deal with the "analog" reference in the teaser anyway?
Here is the full fake ad.
Mivas: Mac and Linux have a core system in common. It's not same but newer version of iOS is based on Unix.
Elbart: Uh, you might want to brush up your knowledge about the history of Unix, BSD, OSX and Linux.
Are you saying that Mac OS isn't derivated from BSD? If you put an emphasis on the rest of my post, you would notice the line "It's not same" too. I didn't probably put it into fine words yet the fact that they come from one family is correct even if they chose different ways later. If you want to express it more accurately, please do so.
Post edited October 18, 2012 by Mivas
spindown: Wow, what a waste of time. So what is "the biggest change to the service since launching from beta" that was announced earlier? Mac support?!
MichaelPalin: C'mon people, support for Mac is a really big thing. It seems most of us don't care, I guess because we don't use Macs, but it's very important for gog and I'm sure it will benefit the service greatly in the long term. Besides, it's the de-facto first step towards GNU/Linux, which is great, great news.
Absolutely! It's great news!

I also hoped for an official Linux support from GOG, but if we are honest most games on GOG running fine on Linux already. More than on Mac right now *cough* Sorry, couldn't resist ;P
I just watched the shortened version narrated by Trevor "TheEnigmaticT" Longino and thought he did a really good job doing the advertising voice. You may have found your true calling, Mr. Longino :)
Dzsono: I just watched the shortened version narrated by Trevor "TheEnigmaticT" Longino and thought he did a really good job doing the advertising voice. You may have found your true calling, Mr. Longino :)
He could do that 1960's Batman narrator thing: "Is Batman DOOMED!? Can he get OUT of THERE in TIME!? Find out next week" Sounds kind of similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ny8v5Xk4HAc#t=1437s
Post edited October 18, 2012 by gameon
Dzsono: I just watched the shortened version narrated by Trevor "TheEnigmaticT" Longino and thought he did a really good job doing the advertising voice. You may have found your true calling, Mr. Longino :)
gameon: He could do that 1960's Batman narrator thing: "Is Batman DOOMED!? Can he get OUT of THERE in TIME!? Find out next week" Sounds kind of similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ny8v5Xk4HAc#t=1437s
:D Yeah, it's fitting that he gave a classic presentation for classic games.
gameon: He could do that 1960's Batman narrator thing: "Is Batman DOOMED!? Can he get OUT of THERE in TIME!? Find out next week" Sounds kind of similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ny8v5Xk4HAc#t=1437s
Dzsono: :D Yeah, it's fitting that he gave a classic presentation for classic games.
All we need now is a Batman game on GOG :)
Senteria: Hmm... The only interplay game I'd want is earth worm jim 1 & 2.
Not to rain on GOG's sale, but I wouldn't recommend that version, some of the levels in the other versions and ports are missing from that version. I bought it not knowing this and regretted it, fortunately it was during a buy one get one free sale I think so I wasn't out much.
"Watch out for this clicker, it's a beast" LOL.

Good video and conference (couldn't watch it live - my bedtime in Bangkok, ya know :)
Wow, not only the conference was not very interesting (I don't get the Mac hype), but now apparently the Windows downloader was force-updated to a broken version, which by people's description looks completely untested...
Bloodygoodgames: "Watch out for this clicker, it's a beast" LOL. Good video and conference (couldn't watch it live - my bedtime in Bangkok, ya know :)
No excuses - give up sleep for GOG!
Bloodygoodgames: "Watch out for this clicker, it's a beast" LOL. Good video and conference (couldn't watch it live - my bedtime in Bangkok, ya know :)
mondo84: No excuses - give up sleep for GOG!
Actually, I normally do :) but I didn't sleep at all the night before due to finishing a big project for a client so by 10pm my head felt like it was going to explode :)
mondo84: No excuses - give up sleep for GOG!
Bloodygoodgames: Actually, I normally do :) but I didn't sleep at all the night before due to finishing a big project for a client so by 10pm my head felt like it was going to explode :)
No excuses - explode head for GOG!
Odd on youtube this video and this video alone just turn up as a small black screen and don't even let me see the controls. However here it works just fine but it is the same video that is on youtube..?
edit
haha even clicking to watch it on youtube from here works but not clicking on it from the youtube page..
Post edited October 19, 2012 by six-