It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, after some time beating the crap out of Orks (and getting beaten by the orks :D I have found out that using sternguard elite marines right away slaughters their ranks, especially when there are at least 2 groups of them, supported by devastators with heavy bolters and razorbacks. Yes, it kills even the hero pretty damn fast. Disadvantage? They eat up elite slots and 1 marine costs 125 requisition
Fenixp: Well, after some time beating the crap out of Orks (and getting beaten by the orks :D I have found out that using sternguard elite marines right away slaughters their ranks, especially when there are at least 2 groups of them, supported by devastators with heavy bolters and razorbacks. Yes, it kills even the hero pretty damn fast. Disadvantage? They eat up elite slots and 1 marine costs 125 requisition
Holy Expensive, Batman!
I'll try that instead of Assault Marines next time. Which is funny, now that I think about it, since ripping apart melee attackers is supposed to be something that assault marines are good at...
You think 125 req per man is expensive check out the tzeench sorcerer squad, 1750 req for 4 guys and then 450 per special guy(up to 4, come with a spell each) and then 350 for the regular men(up to another 4).
Also assault marines have never been good at close combat, not in the tabletop game and not in original dow. They are really only good for pestering people.
I always found assault marines good for morale damage, jumping into an existing melee and surprising the enemy with a chainsword up the bum
Never considered that tactic, generally don't field them as I can think of better things to spend my points on.
Well I'm going more by tabletop than Dow, worked pretty well there, sort of the analogue of a flanking cavalry charge in the total war games
Speaking of points, its a shame there's nothing to spend your rep points on, you're nearly at 1000...
Even in the tabletop game I could think of better places to put the limited amount of points you get. I mean each jetpack is 20 points if I remember right then the cost of the spacemarine as well. Thats going to get expensive for a unit thats not great in close combat and terrible at shooting.
Maybe at 1000 rep I'll unlock the fabled 4th silver star and beable to look down my nose at all you 3 star commoners again :P.
Well as far as DoW goes, vanguard elite with jumping packs, possibly 2 groups with power weapons and one group with thunderhammers against vehicles and buildings, also possibly possibly with stormshields (which are a global upgrade for 2025 req and 2025 energy(!!)) eat trough Ork horde just as well - but are even MORE expensive. Obviously. Also, you can attach chapter master with jumppack to them, he has orbital bombing, even thou slightly weaker. Slaughters big hordes nevertheless.
carlosjuero: ...
Bio2hazard: ...

YO! Finish it 'till tomorrow evening, I'm postponing new briefings by day because of you guys, unless you finish until ... say, 8PM GMT tomorrow
Edit: See? I've used YO. My friend taught me to do it. I'm so cool and gangsta now
Post edited January 17, 2010 by Fenixp
carlosjuero: ...
Fenixp:
Bio2hazard: ...

YO! Finish it 'till tomorrow evening, I'm postponing new briefings by day because of you guys, unless you finish until ... say, 8PM GMT tomorrow
Edit: See? I've used YO. My friend taught me to do it. I'm so cool and gangsta now

Sure. 8 PM might be a bit troublesome for me though.
ATM I am kind of awake from 2 AM to 6 PM-ish. I'll see if i can stay up longer though. When are you available, carlosjuero ?
So... What are our objectives for Round 2?
Apologies for double posting, but are we still playing this game?
i guess not?
Well we are but I've not seen results of all the matches yet, have all the replays been posted to the replays wave?
Aliasalpha: Well we are but I've not seen results of all the matches yet, have all the replays been posted to the replays wave?

Yes, they have. I will add a new rule to push you people into keeping the deadline a bit - I really thought that won't be a problem since this is supposed to be ... you know ... fun?
Anyway, when I get this match done and I plan to do so today, I'll finish writing summary and Spess Mahrines briefings. I hope Alias will write ... the other guys today as well (stop playing STO for a while!)