It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A geopolitical simulation.

Supreme Ruler 2010, a deep and robust strategy game with real-world modern setting and switchable turn-based or RTS gameplay, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

Almost 10 years ago, Supreme Ruler 2010 represented the next generation of strategy game. Not another build and attack 'click fest', but a challenging simulation of political and military leadership. You control the agenda of your region as you maintain its economy, grow the support of your population, and strive to influence your neighbors. Through skilled management your influence and popularity will grow... Will you be a successful diplomat, who can increase your power through an incredibly flexible diplomacy model, or will you be a ruthless and ambitious ruler that lets your tanks and missiles speak for you? With hundreds of detailed and accurate military units to control ranging from battalions to entire divisions and a revolutionary campaign system with over 40 scenarios and over 200 possible starting regions from virtually anywhere in the world, this robust strategy title has all bases covered.

From turn-based to real-time gameplay (this title features them both, so you can choose your preferred playing style), you get all the deep strategic challenge you need in Supreme Ruler 2010, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
htown1980: All these strategy games seem so hard and complicated. I think my years of television watching have made my brain too mushy for them.
This one is a class on its own. Even Paradox games looks easy compared to Supreme Ruler.
What's up with the system requirements?
Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, 2.4 GHz Processor, 4 GB RAM, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, Mouse, Keyboard, 1 GB HDD space.
I remember this... Very high difficulty :D
k1bell: Great release always wanted this game. Wishlisted first. For I'm broke at the end of the month.
So.... when are the next 3 Supreme Ruler games coming? =p
HeadClot: Don't you mean 4?

They released an new one on steam fairly recently.

Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Here is a link
Supreme Ruler Ultimate includes all previous gamescenarios. It's like a Collectors Edition and all scenarios run on the newest game engine of this game. So if you own Ultimate, you don't need to buy the previous games. Sadly it didn't came to GOG.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by Silverhawk170485
Licurg: I remember this... Very high difficulty :D
Or just you being too stup... ehm, I mean not very smart. :p
Licurg: I remember this... Very high difficulty :D
triock: Or just you being too stup... ehm, I mean not very smart. :p
Nope... This game is very hard, you can buy it for yourself if you don't believe me .
I never really got why people enjoyed these types of games, but I know they exist.. so good release for them.
Smannesman: I never really got why people enjoyed these types of games, but I know they exist.. so good release for them.
Hey, that's my line about rhythm games and "interactive experiences" !
Starmaker: What's up with the system requirements?

Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, 2.4 GHz Processor, 4 GB RAM, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, Mouse, Keyboard, 1 GB HDD space.
Starmaker:
Those are amusing, especially the arbitrary GHz requirement. A top of the line mobile i7 in 2010, 5 years after this game was released, didn't even have 2.4 GHz o_O. Also 4GB RAM.... what's this thing run on, a PS2 emulator?!? Heh.
Austrobogulator: 2010? That's ages away! I like to imagine that everyone will have flying cars and live in fancy domed houses by then!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuTQTbEXrE

Yeah, it sometimes feels a bit funny seeing a movie or play a game which is supposed to happen in the alternative future, and that is already in the past... How come we are all still not using uniform polyester jumpsuits?

In the year 2077, when I am possibly connected to the LifeSustainerUnit(tm)-device to prolong my life a bit further, I'll be probably laughing hard at this image:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

It will be nothing like that! Sex robots of the future will be far more advanced, and definitely will not aim to kill you!
Post edited October 23, 2014 by timppu
We haven't forgotten about the countdown. ;-) If it is Disney it *would* be great to have Grim Fandango, and have it re-released on the 30th or 31st.
Nice release though too bad its not Supreme Ruler Ultimate since with that games release this seems kind of pointless and probably means that that game will not come to gog afterall it includes the Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020 scenarios in itself. Wishlisting for now.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by Matruchus
timppu: It will be nothing like that! Sex robots of the future will be far more advanced, and definitely will not aim to kill you!
Well, unless you're into that...

What? Some people have weird fetishes.
A real-time strategy game I have never heard of? Well now I'm interested...
So what is this game like? Is it turn-based?