It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Underwater pyrotechnics.

Subwar 2050 Complete, an excellent DOS-era fighter sim with great gameplay mechanics and stylish visuals, set in the middle of future corporate war under the sea, is available now on GOG.com, for only $5.99

The calm dark waters of the ocean. Whatever happens at the bottom, there's nothing on the surface to indicate any trouble, pain, nor death. Maybe just a ripple. Better part of our planet is covered by water, so it's no wonder that humankind rushed in to seize control over the oceanic reaches at one point of its history. The corporate greed and lust for power knows no boundaries, and for the CEOs of the great corporations it makes no difference whether a spot on their map lies on land or under the sea. After all, they're not the ones to fight the war, piloting the state-of-the art aquatic warships. That part of corporate warfare is all yours to handle.

Subwar 2050 Complete makes you a mercenary pilot of futuristic submarines, performing various missions in the course of corporate war for domination over the oceanic floor. You'll have to master specific underwater fight tactics to emerge victorious out of the game's many campaigns. With an original setting, complex maneuvers, deep and satisfying gameplay, and a great selection of missions this is one of the best fighter sims in existence, whether in space, mid-air, land, or sea. The Complete edition includes The Plot Deepens data-disk, adding more weapons, new submarines, and extra three campaigns into the game.

Prepare for amazing aquatic action from the golden age of DOS games. Get Subwar 2050 Complete on GOG.com, for only $5.99!
Wishbone: I'm pretty sure it was a reference to Pinky and the Brain.
Barry_Woodward: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (publisher of Batman and F.E.A.R. games) confirmed!
Blizzard confirmed! Also Bethesda confirmed! Not to mention Capcom confirmed! Also Take2 confirmed! Everything confirmed!
F4LL0UT: Blizzard confirmed! Also Bethesda confirmed! Not to mention Capcom confirmed! Also Take2 confirmed! Everything confirmed!
Fallout 4 confirmed!
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Barry_Woodward
Moonbeam: Hey, where is JMich!
On vacation for about a week, thus doing other stuff.
At least this gives Triock a chance to notify the forums about the new releases, hopefully without breaking the threads (again).
Barry_Woodward: Fallout 4 confirmed!
Yay!
Moonbeam: Hey, where is JMich!
JMich: On vacation for about a week, thus doing other stuff.
At least this gives Triock a chance to notify the forums about the new releases, hopefully without breaking the threads (again).
Lovely, your forgiven then. Enjoy.
GOG seriously nothing else today? Not even Strike Suit Zero or Omerta DLC?
For the past few weeks, I've found the "classic" releases to be very pale compared to the newer/indie ones. Well, can't please everyone.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by BadDecissions
This is very good release, for those who screams for true classics, there you go. This is indeed very classic, complete with pixelated graphic for your retro pleasure.
OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I have the CD-ROM version, but I am totally gonna be buying this. THANKS GOG LOVE YOU. :)

Roman5: So is this like, a spiritual predecessor to Aquanox?
This was before even Archimedian Dynasty, which is the prequel to the Aquanox games. It's a very tiny genre. :/
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Veloxi
Now please release Silent Service on GOG....please
I'm not a fan of flight sims, submarine sims or underwater games in general (what am I doing here then?) but this game seems pretty sharp. And I always like the sound of "1993" and "DOS-era" on GOG. :-)
Cool release!

While the gameplay is different, Subwar 2050 reminds me of 688 Attack Sub.
mondo84: Cool release!

While the gameplay is different, Subwar 2050 reminds me of 688 Attack Sub.
Yeah, they are like nothing alike lol.

Schnuff: Now please release Silent Service on GOG....please
Although I played both Silent Service games to death 20+ years ago with my Atari ST, it would be AWESOME if we got them here.

Still, Subwar 2050 is a very nice addition to the limited presence of sims here.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by trusteft
Completely not my cup of tea. But I promise I will buy it in 2050 (if GOG is still around then).
Nicely done! I voted for this release on the Request Games list. I still have the CD and manual somewhere, but too scratched up to use. Looking forward to purchasing this in the future. ♥ GoG.