It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The platformer king returns in his 2D glory!

Rayman Origins, a whimsical, colorful, and phenomenally playable reboot bringing the series back to its 2D roots and allowing to visit its fantastic world with up to three friends in co-op mode, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the next 48 hours!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rayman_origins][/url]Rayman is an iconic character and his platformer games entertained generations of gamers. As many other platformer series, his adventures also took a turn into the realm of 3D. They were quite successful at that, mind you, but there's something about the run-and-jump genre, that simply makes it work best in two dimensions. Rayman Origins takes us back to the 2D roots of platformer gaming, and reminds us why this kind of graphics and this kind of gameplay is a perfect match. Plus, it introduces a lot of fresh ideas while doing so.

Rayman Origins is an explosion of action, color, fun, and joy. The cartoony 2D graphics pictures a beautiful world full of magic, wonder, and strangeness that will instantly charm its explorers. The fast-paced platforming gameplay paired with perfect controls and masterful level design make this title an instant classic of the platformer genre. The tone of the game is whimsical and lighthearted, but that does not mean it comes without challenge. Luckily, you can bring up to three friends along for the mad chase through the Glade of Dreams in the well-executec co-op mode. Whether you are a Rayman fan looking to be reunited with some of the iconic characters from the series, or a newcomer in the Raymanverse, this game is guaranteed to bring you much fun and joy.

If you've ever enjoyed a platformer game--any platformer game!--there's a great chance you'll instantly fall in love with Rayman Origins. Get it now, DRM-free, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The half-price offer lasts until Thursday, June 6, at 9:59AM GMT.
skordakias: Steam version is also DRM free, but in general you are right (GOG >>> Steam)
yonazzan73: Really? Whenever I start the game the Steam client strarts, connects and then lets me play. And when I quit the game it shows me some ads I didn't ask for and keeps running in the background hoping I don't notice.

Maybe it's not DRM, but it's annoying as hell.

So I agree 100% with you, GOG>Steam by a long shot
Steam DRM free games:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1
Check out the first two posts.
Zoidberg: Interesting release for a kind of boring game.

Art is pretty good but it's not the -most- important in a game.
Are you serious or just trolling?
What's important for you in a game?
Rayman Origins has all, a good Jump&Run must have. Precise controls, a good leveldesign and a medium difficulty. If you like a hardcore difficulty you only have to collect all gems hidden in the levels (which isn't easy), then a secret world will open with hardcore levels.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by Silverhawk170485
GOG.com: Get it now, DRM-free, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. The half-price offer lasts until Thursday, June 6, at 9:59AM GMT.
Right. So I cannot even wait until the weekend sale to pick this up half-price. Ubisoft always find someway to be uncooperative.
agaiz: To anyone who bought the game already or to GOG: how many tracks does the soundtrack include?
There is a version on iTunes but it's incomplete (all the tracks by Christophe Héral are missing).
Is Heral the one who did the OST for Beyond Good and Evil? We're lucky to have that here.
Wasn't expecting this one at all, but it's a nice surprise! Last year I nearly add this game to my list of DRM using game to buy, glad that I haven't done it.

Now if they could also get From Dust...
I've read that it takes about 10hrs to complete it - it's not much. Is it worth buying then?
jamyskis: The only time people start pissing about with semantics is when they're trying to play down the line between digital and physical or claim that Steam isn't DRM.
Crosmando: It's not semantics, I'm simply pointing out that GOG obviously see CD checks and serials (at least for installation) to be DRM. If they didn't then you would have to type in a serial when you installed those GOG games.
Just because GOG removes all sorts of copy protection doesn't mean they consider them to be DRM.

GOG's philosophy is to provide the smoothest possible experience for their customers, and in order to do so they try to get rid of every unnecessary obstacle in our way. If they'd find a way let us play the downloaded games without even having to install them, they probably would do that. But again, that doesn't mean they consider an installation to be DRM.

Obviously you are one of those people who label everything as DRM. Disc checks is DRM, serial keys is DRM, code wheels is DRM, installation is DRM, unzipping archived data is DRM, fucking video gaming as a whole is one big DRM. By doing so, you're taking away every significance from that term, making it an empty stock phrase like "war on terror". Let us please end this nonsense discussion and just call it ODRM, because online methods is what people usually refer to when they talk about DRM, consumers as well as representatives of the gaming industry.

Now, after all this DRM talk, I almost forgot how excited and delighted I was a few minutes ago when I saw this wonderful game finally got its long overdue place in the GOG catalogue. A must-have for every platform connoisseur. Although I already have the DRM-free (!) retail version, I think I'll buy it again. The soundtrack alone is a 5/5 star masterpiece and totally worth the asked price.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by Bavarian
I'm not reading all that
Just played a little to test it out. Beautiful, smooth, silly, fun. :) First I'll have to finish PoP '08 though. I'm trying not to get distracted by newer purchases.

zeffyr: I've read that it takes about 10hrs to complete it - it's not much. Is it worth buying then?
Really? You buy games according to their length? Seems a bit silly to me. I rather have a really fun, shorter game than some drawn-out tedium. Too many games that advertise their length tend to fall into the latter's category.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by mistermumbles
Crosmando: It's not semantics, I'm simply pointing out that GOG obviously see CD checks and serials (at least for installation) to be DRM. If they didn't then you would have to type in a serial when you installed those GOG games.
Bavarian: Just because GOG removes all sorts of copy protection doesn't mean they consider them to be DRM.

GOG's philosophy is to provide the smoothest possible experience for their customers, and in order to do so they try to get rid of every unnecessary obstacle in our way. If they'd find a way let us play the downloaded games without even having to install them, they probably would do that. But again, that doesn't mean they consider an installation to be DRM.

Obviously you are one of those people who label everything as DRM. Disc checks is DRM, serial keys is DRM, code wheels is DRM, installation is DRM, unzipping archived data is DRM, fucking video gaming as a whole is one big DRM. By doing so, you're taking away every significance from that term, making it an empty stock phrase like "war on terror". Let us please end this nonsense discussion and just call it ODRM, because online methods is what people usually refer to when they talk about DRM, consumers as well as representatives of the gaming industry.
I always think of evil DRM as the type that stops me playing my game after civilization collapses.
If I cannot install and play the game in a completely indipendant bunker without internet connection then it contains DRM. My entire games catalog is backed up on DVD and two removable HD's, ready to move.
CD keys are fine by me as making sure someone owns the rights to play is fine, but having to confirm online is DRM, as is having to download anything to play apart from the installer.
mistermumbles: Just played a little to test it out. Beautiful, smooth, silly, fun. :) First I'll have to finish PoP '08 though. I'm trying not to get distracted by newer purchases.

zeffyr: I've read that it takes about 10hrs to complete it - it's not much. Is it worth buying then?
mistermumbles: Really? You buy games according to their length? Seems a bit silly to me. I rather have a really fun, shorter game than some drawn-out tedium. Too many games that advertise their length tend to fall into the latter's category.
It's not the only factor I consider, but it's an important one. I'd like to know if it's replayable (with fun ofc).
low rated
skordakias: Steam version is also DRM free, but in general you are right (GOG >>> Steam)
yonazzan73: Really? Whenever I start the game the Steam client strarts, connects and then lets me play. And when I quit the game it shows me some ads I didn't ask for and keeps running in the background hoping I don't notice.

Maybe it's not DRM, but it's annoying as hell.

So I agree 100% with you, GOG>Steam by a long shot
Actually, those "ads you didn't ask for" can be easily disabled in the Steam Settings menu in a couple of seconds. But please, continue acting immaturely by complaining about things you evidently don't know enough about to do so.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by Wafflecones
Me again...
Zero Punctuation, Yahtzee's take on Rayman Origins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mq97KuraFE
GOG.com, your recent habit of offering freshly released games 50% off for a while is dangerous to my finances! I didn't do the math, but I suspect I buy more than double the releases :)

Fantastic game, of course.

As for the whole DRM definition question, I think it's pretty well-defined even without the 'online DRM' clarification. The problem is that people, mostly those who haven't witnessed a time before online protections, use DRM as synonymous with copy protection, which it isn't. DRM means your consumer rights to do as you please with the product you purchased, namely resell it, are restricted. A CD check or serial number doesn't do that, because they were part of the product you bought. Your right to copy or sell the game isn't restricted. Not DRM. In the case of an online activation, the activation server doesn't come with the product you purchased, it doesn't work without external authorisation. Your rights are restricted—that's DRM.
Post edited June 06, 2013 by Anamon
!!! ..... Omg!

Another title i have to grab. Extremely beautiful hand-drawn graphics, parallax scrolling, and slapstick animations.

Who can wish for more?