It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line for just $7.49 this week during its 50% off intro sale.

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID this week for just $7.49--that's half off the full $14.99 price!
<br />
Althought I'm not going to buy it (PC to weak) - it is a very nice release. Even if it is new game :-P
Post edited May 31, 2013 by tburger
spoderman: I posted the solution a few posts up..
Kunovski: thank you very much for the solution, it works! even the slightly lower resolutions got unlocked :) I still can't set as high multisampling as JudasIscariot but I guess it doesn't matter that much...

funny thing is, my graphics card has 2048 MB RAM :)
Yeah mine has 3gb but didn't detect the resolution properly before using that fix. Maybe a compatibility issue with some AMD cards? No idea why. Glad you got it working though.
Video autoplay? Nooooo

BTW why screenshots on GOG are so small? They’re like postage stamps in the middle of my screen. No, not only screenshots. Almost everything in GOG’s layout is to small...
Kunovski: thank you very much for the solution, it works! even the slightly lower resolutions got unlocked :) I still can't set as high multisampling as JudasIscariot but I guess it doesn't matter that much...

funny thing is, my graphics card has 2048 MB RAM :)
spoderman: Yeah mine has 3gb but didn't detect the resolution properly before using that fix. Maybe a compatibility issue with some AMD cards? No idea why. Glad you got it working though.
glad you helped me :) +1 for you.
jaron11: Video autoplay? Nooooo

BTW why screenshots on GOG are so small? They’re like postage stamps in the middle of my screen. No, not only screenshots. Almost everything in GOG’s layout is to small...
It's like somebody told GOG they were headed in the wrong direction, and then they panicked and started sprinting without changing course. I give them two years before the site becomes your typical flash riddled abomination. I wonder if they'll shrink the screenshots to be the size of the Daikatana screenshots on GamersGate...
This is a must-have, just a shame the multiplayer servers have been taken offline.

Just added GRID 2 to the community wishlist. Feel free to vote ;)
Grid is really awesome with 1 weakness (IMHO): too much drifting. I found drifting really annoying, but maybe it's just me.

I never found a racing game with an awesome AI as Grid! Other cars are aggressive, make mistakes and it's not that easy to beat.

Also, Grid has a good controlling system even if you play with keyboards!
Of course better use at least a controller, but you can reach the top of the career - except drifting - also with keys!
Post edited May 31, 2013 by mrpalo
Noooooooooo!

I bought steam version last night, any my remorse can't be higher. Damnit!
c01mhth10ch: Noooooooooo!

that's your punishment for not checking GOG.com site every hour :D
Hey. Just know about this release today. A great release I would say. A modern racing game. nice GOG. Keep them coming ! :D
spoderman: snip
Thanks for that. I had to do that, too, to get higher widescreen resolutions beyond 1280x720 on my GTX 670MX/3GB.

I kind of think this workaround should be stickied in the game's forum as it is kind of important.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by mistermumbles
:)

Bought. More please.
c01mhth10ch: Noooooooooo!

Kunovski: that's your punishment for not checking GOG.com site every hour :D
every half hour for some of us forum junkies ;)
nvm
Post edited June 02, 2013 by nijuu
Ah well, ended up buying a copy on GOG anyway. Couldn't hurt to have a DRM-free copy of one of my favorite games.