It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Have you ever been trapped in a nightmare?

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a gripping first-person perspective horror story full of mystery, darkness, and demons lurking in the shadows inducing a constant sense of dread, is available 75% off on GOG.com. That's only $4.99 only for the first 48 hours, to get your DRM-free copy!

Thousands of pages have been written on the anatomy of fear. It's one of the most basic emotions shaping the human psyche and dictating our actions. But how many of us actually know fear? Not the tingling sensation that something's wrong and you should be worried, but actual terror that's caused by constant, lethal, and very real, yet unfamiliar threat. This is a game that, according to many, comes as close to inducing that state, as possible for a computer game. Praised for its gripping atmosphere, perfect pacing, and involving gameplay, it's one of the most prominent--in not the most prominent--modern achievements in terror fiction.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent puts you in a situation with no escape and the only thing you can do is to push forward, deeper into the nightmare that's becoming more morbid and terrifying by the minute. You will find yourself exploring a half-ruined castle, that witnessed many acts of madness and inhumane cruelty. Deprived of all memories, hunted by spawns of evil, forced to behold sights that shatter your sanity, you will venture into the darkness with no real hope of ever emerging victorious. Mixing a fascinating story, terrifying setting, and well-executed design, this title deserves a place in every horror fan collection.

Are you ready to inject your mind with an excess dose of poisonous terrors? Empty your bladder, switch off the lights, put on your headphones, and throw yourself head-first into Amnesia: The Dark Descent, for only $4.99 on GOG.com. The 75% discount offer lasts until Saturday, July 27, at 9:59AM GMT.
spindown: I guess it's nice that Amnesia is finally here, but is there anyone left who is even remotely interested in survival horror and doesn't own this yet?
That would be me. Though of course I've been aware of this game for a long time, however I (think) lack the specs to really play it with my 2-year-old ASUS laptop with integrated Intel HD graphics card.

That and I prefer to purchase games DRM on GOG, which I'll do so now (at a steal of a price), for the day when I upgrade.
Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Ace!
spindown: I guess it's nice that Amnesia is finally here, but is there anyone left who is even remotely interested in survival horror and doesn't own this yet?
Wow thats spooky ( pardon the pun ) , I was just thinking exactly what you wrote about everyone on the planet already owning this game , its been in Bundles and on sale on Steam and other sites soooo many times !!
Even though I only have like $15 in my account, I just HAD to get this game! This game is absolutely amazing! Great story! Great graphics! Get it!...now!
This might be a good release, although I really don't like survival horror games, so I'll pass this one.

xxxIndyxxx: Good game! Just wondering: did i miss an old game this week?
Sadly no, I also thought about GOG didn't release a classic game this week. (If I remember correctly, TheEnigmaticT wrote multiple times they're still very interested in adding classic games to their catalogue, as they're still adding at least one classic game every week. Well, looks like times change, so I've got a very bad feeling that this wasn't the last week without releasing at least one classic game.)
Bloodygoodgames: Yep, The sequel would be an insta-buy for me if it appeared on GOG :)
keeveek: You mean Machine for Pigs? yeah, it sounds like an very awesome game even by it's name, and the trailer was... AMAZING.

I hope it's gonna be released on GOG the same time as everywhere else.
I have a feeling it will be, as I think that's why they've released Amnesia on GOG now. Just my opinion, though :)

And yep, from what I've seen of the trailer it looks even scarier than Amnesia -- not a bad thing, of course :)
This is the only game I played that actually managed to scare me proper. No other comes close.
I think you might be surprised how many people don't actually own it.

It's like a lot of other games that I don't own but it seems like everyone else does or probably does :) There's probably at least 100 games you'd think I'd own by now, but I don't. I DO own more than 250 other games, but just not that 100 that most other people own. I think there are just so many games made nowadays, it's nigh on impossible to own everything -- even the incredibly popular ones.

Plus, if you look at GOG's sales list, Amnesia has only been up for sale for just over 7 hours and it's already sold more copies than Ittle Dew, Jack Jeane 2, Dracula Trilogy, and Influx. If that's anything to go by, I think it will sell well here :)
Bloodygoodgames: And yep, from what I've seen of the trailer it looks even scarier than Amnesia -- not a bad thing, of course :)
Especially when the pigs thrown into the machine will probably not be pigs... :D
Post edited July 25, 2013 by keeveek
I remember first meeting with monster... Hiding in a wardrobe... I'll never forget that feeling - real panic. If you're 18+ - must have!
keeveek: Especially when the pigs thrown into the machine will probably not be pigs... :D
Saw 3, anybody? :)
Just a quick reminder that there's a number of custom stories, mods and total conversions for Amnesia.
A good start is here.
Never managed to find a physical copy of this back when I still looked for physicals.

Tail on the donkey? Pinned.
HypersomniacLive: Just a quick reminder that there's a number of custom stories, mods and total conversions for Amnesia.
A good start is here.
Anything you recommend?
I don't know this game. Graphics look pretty great.