It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you remember the time when your dad took you on the big ride of which every kid was terrified of?

In RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe it’s time for payback, for all of the Slurpees you’ve vomited, countless hot dogs and memorabilia you’ve dropped. Now you can design roller coasters yourself, and inflict the same horror on (virtual) others. Ranging from little merry-go-round, to enthralling and breathtaking rides, RollerCoaster Tycoon puts you in the position where you manage every little aspect of your roller coaster park. From food joints to toilets, from info kiosks to balloon stands, and from garbage cans to fancy statues, the facilities are only the beginning. The next step is to enroll a well organized army of engineers, custodians, and security guards to keep things running smoothly, cleanly and safely ;) Decorate the park with flowers, plants, or even the famous “RollerCoaster Tycoon's Amazing Jumping Fountains”! So what are you waiting for? Summer's here, and whether it's scorching hot out or raining cats and dogs you can always boot up Roller Coaster Tycoon and have fun terrorizing — er, that is "entertaining" — your guests.

Pick it up now for $5.99 and get busy designing the ultimate thrill ride!

Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe includes the two expansions: Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes.
I always wondered why this wasn't on GOG

"good old game" indeed :)
Gamerlord: How much is it like the third one? The third one being the only one I ever played. Is it better?
Well some say 1&2 is better, some say 3 is better.
But I like them all. Dun get why people say 3 sucks, but I think it rocks, especially with custom made scenery and being able to ride coasters.
EndlessKnight: Spent half an hour designing a coaster, to have only 17 of 500 people ride it. "Too intense"? I'll show you intense!! *drowns another customer*
Too many acute turns and no banking? :D
Post edited July 07, 2011 by cw8
reaver894: This is about the only tycoon game i really couldnt give a rats ass about... someone else can add it to the wiki
KavazovAngel: Son... I am disappoint.
Give me prison tycoon. That is all.
KavazovAngel: Son... I am disappoint.
reaver894: Give me prison tycoon. That is all.
Never played it. Personally, I'd love to see The Movies here. Don't think any DD is selling it.
Post edited July 07, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Whenever I see "RollerCoaster Tycoon" I remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrC_C6SexI&feature=player_embedded
What a GREAT release. Sincerely, one of my favorite games of all time.
But, too many people talking bad (and wrong) things about the sequels.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 is good, but a bit outdated when compared to 2 and 3. RCT2 is essentialy the "same" (kinda the same engine, same graphics (with a bit of improved resolution you can choose from) but MANY MANY new rides, coaster types, elements, SCENERY, an option to create your own scenarios within the game, etc. It basically takes all the good stuff from 1, with the excepetion of ride and scenery limits when creating scenarios.
RCT3 it's 3D, with a new interface (which takes some time to get used to), and MUCH more content than any of the previous RCT games (only less scenery items than RTC2, I guess). It's the better of the series, and many bugs from it have been corrected with the expansions and patches. It's just that for people with old PCs like me, it can be a bit heavy to run.

Anyway, hoping to see the sequels here too for an all full glory of RollerCoaster Tycoon fever!
I tried one of these before and enjoyed it so I will pick this up down the line.
sorry if this has been already answered elsewhere, but what's this game really about?

I've played Theme Park a lot, you needed to build attractions there, but also take care about the customers (food, drinks, toilets, ...), hire and keep staff, and in every mission also make money and don't go bankrupt of course :)

but this game seems to be only about building crazy-shaped rollercoasters... is there any goal?
Kunovski: sorry if this has been already answered elsewhere, but what's this game really about?

I've played Theme Park a lot, you needed to build attractions there, but also take care about the customers (food, drinks, toilets, ...), hire and keep staff, and in every mission also make money and don't go bankrupt of course :)

but this game seems to be only about building crazy-shaped rollercoasters... is there any goal?
yes, there is a goal... same as in Theme Park :)
You have to look after your visitors, you have to hire staff to maintain the coasters and other attractions. And you have to look out not to go bankrupt ;)
Kunovski: snap
Ubivis: yes, there is a goal... same as in Theme Park :)
You have to look after your visitors, you have to hire staff to maintain the coasters and other attractions. And you have to look out not to go bankrupt ;)
but... it's all so tiny! :D
Kunovski: but... it's all so tiny! :D
You just see it the wrong way... you have a better overview ;)
Ubivis: And you have to look out not to go bankrupt ;)
A tricky goal around GOG *winks*
Balthier: RCT3 it's 3D, with a new interface (which takes some time to get used to), and MUCH more content than any of the previous RCT games (only less scenery items than RTC2, I guess). It's the better of the series, and many bugs from it have been corrected with the expansions and patches. It's just that for people with old PCs like me, it can be a bit heavy to run.
With user custom made content, RCT 3's content becomes even more so than the previous 2 combined :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zZU8pNzb4&feature=related
Balthier: What a GREAT release. Sincerely, one of my favorite games of all time.
But, too many people talking bad (and wrong) things about the sequels.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 is good, but a bit outdated when compared to 2 and 3. RCT2 is essentialy the "same" (kinda the same engine, same graphics (with a bit of improved resolution you can choose from) but MANY MANY new rides, coaster types, elements, SCENERY, an option to create your own scenarios within the game, etc. It basically takes all the good stuff from 1, with the excepetion of ride and scenery limits when creating scenarios.
RCT3 it's 3D, with a new interface (which takes some time to get used to), and MUCH more content than any of the previous RCT games (only less scenery items than RTC2, I guess). It's the better of the series, and many bugs from it have been corrected with the expansions and patches. It's just that for people with old PCs like me, it can be a bit heavy to run.

Anyway, hoping to see the sequels here too for an all full glory of RollerCoaster Tycoon fever!
^This.
$5.99 for this classic including the two expansions? Gotta love GOG, thanks for this addition.

Many fun memories about this game, I didn't like much the 3D-ish sequels.