It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trapped in a frozen hell, you must investigate the cold darkness of the human psyche.

The story, the atmosphere, the graphics, and the sound of the great adventure horror game Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason will chill you to the bone for only $9.99 on GOG.com.

The North Wind, a nuclear ice-breaker stuck in the ice somewhere near the Arctic Circle, is a frozen coffin. What happened to the ship and its crew is beyond normal human cognition. You’re not alone and the North Wind is now plagued by dead crewmen who have undergone a strange metamorphosis due to the effects of the very cold climate. Using your mysterious ‘Mental Echo’ ability, you must dig deep in the chilling story of the ship and relive the final moments of its crew. The horrors contained in the Arctic cold will not let you bring the ship back to life without a fight.

Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason plays from the first person perspective for moving, shooting, and exploring the world, but don't mistake this for an FPS; the horror adventure part of the game shows itself clearly when it comes to building tension, unraveling frosty cold secrets, and using time travel in innovative ways. When you find corpses of crew members, you may be transported back in time due to the 'Mental Echo' of the terrible events that led to their death and then not only change the course of history and save the poor soul's life, but also change the present as well. The graphics make use of the PhysX engine by Nvidia and are stunning: there’s frost on the walls, ice melts into water, shadows lurk, lights flicker, and the overall cold and dark art design makes the trip through North Wind an alienating and chilling experience.

This is not your usual horror game--if you appreciate slow-burning suspense and terrific storytelling, playing Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason is like reading a great Sci-Fi novel for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
JMich: Apologies for being a bit snappy, but it is true that humor/sarcasm and a lot of other things do not translate well over the internet.
Fred_DM: it was pretty obvious, though...
RE the ATI/AMD configuration - I have it and I've played this game without any problems last year... looked good and smooth.
So another 1C game...GOG please bring Necrovision and Necrovision Lost Company to GOG! Sure, the games are far from perfect, but I fell in love with them after a couple of hours. It will be nice to see them here so more people should know about these underrated really good games.

The graphics, sounds, music and most of all gameplay mechanics are really great, my opinion is that those games are better than all Painkiller games (yes even better than Painkiller Black Edition). Once you know how gameplay mechanics works, that you must do combos, headshots, etc. to use bulletime it's a really addictive game. I already have a boxed versions of those two, but it will be nice to see them here on GOG in my game archive (btw soundtrack, artworks and other extras would be nice ;) .
Post edited March 14, 2012 by MichiGen
Yes, getting more one 1C games would be awesome.
Wow, people are all low-rating requests for different games, I feel like I must be careful here...

Cryostasis: PASS!
How about some [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasm:_The_Rift]Chasm: The Rift[/url]? It was a really nice little Quake'ish shooter, works perfectly on DOSBox, also had a free 3-level expansion.

Carnivores series also would be a good addition to GOG's library.
RafaelLopez: Wow, people are all low-rating requests for different games, I feel like I must be careful here...

It's only low rated because this game sucks so much CPU due it's intensive freezing animations. Resizing resolution and turn off all features does the trick.
RafaelLopez: Wow, people are all low-rating requests for different games, I feel like I must be careful here...

Tantrix: It's only low rated because this game sucks so much CPU due it's intensive freezing animations. Resizing resolution and turn off all features does the trick.
No, sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to posts from people saying Cryostasis is a lame game and requesting other games in the very first page of this thread, including some brother requesting Anachronox, today's release. People are low-rating these folks for complaining.

People are ever so anal about public complaints here on the site. I am one to be careful, for complaining about the people who complain about complaints. People should just let others voice their opinions here of all places, because one of the main virtues of GOG has always been its mature community. Now it's, like, the only site ever where people get defensive with the most basic criticism.
keeveek: the hell is this...

where the hell are sim city 3000 , theme hospital and anachronox?
And look at that... people low-rated your post for complaining, and now you were right all along. Ask for the SSI D&D classics next time, GOG's sure to listen to you. :)

Now where's everyone who low-rated you on tuesday? On the Anachronox release thread perhaps? Perhaps they should high-rate your post now?
ne_zavarj: I'm still waiting for Pharaoh Gold , Zeus Gold , Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom , The Sims Complete Collection ,
I love The Sims, but if it ever made it here, this site would quickly lose this great "underdog" atmosphere it always had. Perhaps it'd be for the best, but still, I'm just saying.
Post edited March 15, 2012 by RafaelLopez
The Sims Collection is highly doubtful, If you asked me.
keeveek: The Sims Collection is highly doubtful, If you asked me.
No game is unanimous, but The Sims is so close to being unanimous it's the only game I know that even people who never play video games like it. You're the first person I've seen to berate it ever.

Not my favorite game or anything, but I did play it A LOT.
What I meant was The Sims Complete is rather NOT coming to gog, I've said nothing about game quality ;)
Anyone know where this one went? Or rather why this one was pulled?
the_bard: Anyone know where this one went? Or rather why this one was pulled?
Oh please, not another game gone without warning.
P1na: Oh please, not another game gone without warning.
I believe this one has been missing for some time. I just never dug deep enough to find a reason. I was playing Penumbra earlier and thought to myself, "I wonder WTF happened to Cryostasis on GOG?"
the_bard: Anyone know where this one went? Or rather why this one was pulled?
http://www.gog.com/forum/cryostasis/cryostasis_no_longer_available_on_gog
It's been gone for a while.