It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lexor: Forgot to ask: what is your Windows version?
Win 7x64
Also, that is a fresh install without running the game at all.
Lexor: Forgot to ask: what is your Windows version?
adambiser: Win 7x64
Also, that is a fresh install without running the game at all.
Here is another version of the comparison table - it includes your input data.
This time file status (last column) is based on four file versions. Also I've introduced new status "AC" = acceptable. It is displayed when files are different in size but still new GOG file is the same in size as GG or Steam version. Rest of files, not visible in table have OK status.

EDIT: Small summary: it seems that fresh GOG download is indeed the same as patch.
Attachments:
Post edited January 03, 2012 by Lexor
Lexor: ...
I don't see anything in the top half that would have anything to do with compatibility problems. They look like extras extras
Lexor: ...
adambiser: I don't see anything in the top half that would have anything to do with compatibility problems. They look like extras extras
Another suspicious thing - "original third party patch" contains only exe file (+ some txt readme)... Why has GOG added three more files to its "official patch"?
Lexor:
Would you email me (GOG username at fastmail dot us) the original save game file and then the "repaired" save game files from earlier? I missed them while they were up. Thanks.
adambiser: ...
If you mean repaired by this Steam repair utility - I did not ask spindown for it, yet.
But maybe it's time now to ask :)
adambiser: ...
Lexor: If you mean repaired by this Steam repair utility - I did not ask spindown for it, yet.
But maybe it's time now to ask :)
That was what I meant. I thought you got them already. I'm curious to see what is different between the two files. I have not checked out your original files yet.
SirPrimalform: Perhaps now is the time to write to 1C and ask them to send the latest version of KB to GOG again? :P
At the moment I am trying to find some contact at Katauri (KB's developer) - it is probably going to be hard as I will need to use Google translator a lot for Russian language :D At least I'm able to read it so I will be able to throw out any stupidly translated sentences at once :P
Since this thread continues on, I take it GoG still has not updated the game to correct the known issue(s)?

It is too long now to read through the whole thing again but didn't someone from GoG at one point post they are aware of this and intend to fix it? Maybe I am not remembering correctly in which case I'd appreciate being corrected.

I just bought the game over the holiday sale but it'll be a while before i get around to playing it. I hope whatever is wrong with it gets fixed by then. That would be nice.

It's kind of ironic that a newer release on GoG has to have issues, isn't it? Oh, well.
dirtyharry50: ...GoG...

...GoG...

... GoG...
You dare to post this in Lexor's own thread? :-D
OMG, and now in my thread....
dirtyharry50: Since this thread continues on, I take it GoG still has not updated the game to correct the known issue(s)?
Its GOG, not GoG! /sigh Please correct this.

Anyway, a small summary: these two bugs from OP seems to be repaired, but GOG version seems to be more "unofficially patched" so I can not say if its 100% ok.

Vitek: You dare to post this in Lexor's own thread? :-D
Hehe, that's what I was thinking about....
Lexor: Hehe, that's what I was thinking about....
It spreads like plague.
SirPrimalform: Perhaps now is the time to write to 1C and ask them to send the latest version of KB to GOG again? :P
Lexor: At the moment I am trying to find some contact at Katauri (KB's developer) - it is probably going to be hard as I will need to use Google translator a lot for Russian language :D At least I'm able to read it so I will be able to throw out any stupidly translated sentences at once :P
Thanks again for going to all this trouble. I realise that you're doing it primarily because it's in your own interests, but since it's also benefiting me... thanks!
Lexor: OMG, and now in my thread....
dirtyharry50: Since this thread continues on, I take it GoG still has not updated the game to correct the known issue(s)?
Lexor: Its GOG, not GoG! /sigh Please correct this.

Anyway, a small summary: these two bugs from OP seems to be repaired, but GOG version seems to be more "unofficially patched" so I can not say if its 100% ok.

Vitek: You dare to post this in Lexor's own thread? :-D
Lexor: Hehe, that's what I was thinking about....
GoG!
GoG!
GoG!

Okay fine... GOG!

I'm not sure what possessed me to not capitalize the middle letter when I think about it. Maybe my fingers got tired halfway through and I didn't want to shift again. :-)

Anyway, so the game was fixed I take it as far as the originally reported issues go. That's good news. Thank you.

Considering that and this is just a suggestion but if you haven't encountered any other unfixed problems you might better enjoy all the time devoted to comparing various versions files, etc. to actually just playing the game for some fun. Maybe I am crazy but that seems like a pretty good idea to me at this point. ;-)
Post edited January 03, 2012 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: Considering that and this is just a suggestion but if you haven't encountered any other unfixed problems you might better enjoy all the time devoted to comparing various versions files, etc. to actually just playing the game for some fun. Maybe I am crazy but that seems like a pretty good idea to me at this point. ;-)
As the latest GOG's update is some form of "unofficial crack" I prefer to wait for some official answer.