It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't like any of the recent stuff - though I have yet to read whats been happening before, so much stuff going on all of a sudden, my day keeps vanishing. Anyway unvote for now at least until I get a better understanding of the whole claim thing, who random is and whats actually going on.
Unvote GameRager

His claim means more discussion needed, definitely. I notice the claim was made 8 hours ago, yet no Scum then stepped in to hammer.

Although Vitek has statistically proven that hammerers are usually town, I can't believe the Scum on this occasion let this opportunity pass by.

Which tells me either -

GameRager is Scum...

or

All Scum were already on the Bandwagon...
Based on most recent developments....

Day phase will end on the 12th of Never.

My role PM matches original example and I need a drink!!!!
Woah I've got a lot of reading to do!

Unvote just till we all can figure out what to do with him. (Though from what skimming I've done, he's DEFINITELY top of the scum list in my eyes).

Once again, my profuse apologies for my absence. Although I still may not be quite as active as I had originally thought I would be able to be after today, I will definitely be more active than I have been :)

Sapphires tumbles from the chimeney onto the hearth. He picks himself up and busily heads off down a flight of stairs. Before he goes, though, he reorders the scoreboard.

THE GAME IS FIRST-TO-SEVEN-VOTES

0 - JMich --------------
3 - GameRager ------ Twilightbard, Not-French-Yet, Vitek,
0 - Twilightbard ------
0 - Not-French-Yet -
1 - drennan ----------- flubbucket,
0 - Rodzaju -----------
1 - SirPrimalform ---- JMich,
0 - Red_Baron -------
0 - Robbeasy --------
0 - A_Future_Pilot --
0 - flubbucket --------
2 - Vitek --------------- GameRager, random.org,
0 - NoLynch ----------

drennan, SirPrimalform, Robbeasy, A_Future_Pilot, Red_Baron,

Deadline 5th April
Post edited April 03, 2013 by JoeSapphire
JoeSapphire: drennan, JMich, SirPrimalform, Robbeasy, A_Future_Pilot,
Oy, I voted.
TwilightBard: Here's the problem. You lied about your role. How do I know the role you gave now is the truth? The main thing that people know is that TOWN (In the traditional 'Uninformed Majority' sense) DOESN'T LIE!
------------------------------
Only one thing to do. Lynch all Liars. As much as I'm nervous that he's actually telling the truth now, there really isn't any way for us to believe him or any of his potential night actions.
GameRager: Even if i'd just said I was A mafia(and not a vailla mafia) i'd still have been accused of lying most likely, and as i've read that revealing power roles is a sure way to get night killed by scum & is bad for non-scum to do(unless given good reason) I lied to help my fellow non-scum. Tell me....how would it have been a better strategy(for me/all non-scum as a whole) to tell everyone about my power role from the time I got close to lynch?

Would you, if in my position, have done any differently? I have asked several here a similar quesiton and no one(that I recall/see) has answered it yet when replying to me.
----------------
As I said before it might be a good idea as those who voted for me can be scrutined(and cross cvheck against those who voted for Vitek/etc) and maybe the other non-scum can get a win out of this eventually. My only regret is that I finally got an important role and botched it horribly.

(An aside: You seem awfully eager to lynch me for what seems like flimsy reasoning[and you're not the only one.....this includes Vitek and Rob.], yet when I used similarly weak reasoning to vote/maintain my vote on Vitek I was suddenly suspicous and those who did similar weren't?)
=====================
You'd probably be targetted for actions once we've lynched someone, but if you had come out in the beginning, you probably would have been believed and we would have moved on from this.

The issue is, once you've lied, you made yourself a very difficult puzzle piece to place. You've said you're one thing (Vanilla Mafia [Town in standard games]), then you claimed Doctor, and for all I know you can be Town [Mafia in Standard Games] trying to keep from being lynched.

It puts me and the others in a very ackward position. You're the Doctor, or so you claim, but you've already lied about your role once, it makes it hard for us to take your night actions at face value.

To answer your question, I would have been honest in my initial claim, even with the risk of being killed off. It's dangerous to have people lie in the game, especially if they're the uninformed majority.

The main reason I've become so eager is because of that lie. It's the principal of Lynch all Liars, because it's easy to fall into a highly confusing situation with people claiming roles they don't have, or for the guilty party to claim power roles to avoid being lynched and come up with an excuse for why they're moving around. It's really the only option available at this point in my view.
TwilightBard: ...............

The main reason I've become so eager is because of that lie. It's the principal of Lynch all Liars, because it's easy to fall into a highly confusing situation with people claiming roles they don't have, or for the guilty party to claim power roles to avoid being lynched and come up with an excuse for why they're moving around. It's really the only option available at this point in my view.
So are you going to be the guy to throw a Principle Party??

Also are you sure it's the ONLY OPTION??
Red_Baron: Don't like any of the recent stuff - though I have yet to read whats been happening before, so much stuff going on all of a sudden, my day keeps vanishing. Anyway unvote for now at least until I get a better understanding of the whole claim thing, who random is and whats actually going on.
Besides the claim I made, any other recent stuff that catches your eye?
Robbeasy: His claim means more discussion needed, definitely. I notice the claim was made 8 hours ago, yet no Scum then stepped in to hammer.

Although Vitek has statistically proven that hammerers are usually town, I can't believe the Scum on this occasion let this opportunity pass by.

Which tells me either -

GameRager is Scum...

or

All Scum were already on the Bandwagon...
As I guessed earlier, some scum were/are probably voting for me & once I claimed the remaining scum probably withheld lynching me to void scrutiny of the voting trail in the aftermath. Just a thought.

flubbucket: Based on most recent developments....

Day phase will end on the 12th of Never.
----------------------
My role PM matches original example and I need a drink!!!!
OP already said we have until Apr 5th. :)

(Also I guess you had a mindfart....you mean night phase, right?)
-------------------
See, this is what I mean: Many here seem to be trying to say "My PM matches the role PM, so I must be non-scum...believe me!" without actually posting their names to prove their claims. This seems a sneaky way for some scum(not saying all who're doing it are necessarily scum, but some may be.) to claim without really saying much that can be picked apart.
A_Future_Pilot: Woah I've got a lot of reading to do!
----------------
Unvote just till we all can figure out what to do with him. (Though from what skimming I've done, he's DEFINITELY top of the scum list in my eyes).
-----------------
Once again, my profuse apologies for my absence. Although I still may not be quite as active as I had originally thought I would be able to be after today, I will definitely be more active than I have been :)
Why do I hear Kramer saying that now? Lol. (Must be because I read ahead a bit past your post to the link on youtube below.)

But yeah, it seems you do.
-------------------
Reasons? Just curious to hear what yours are(I forget if you stated them or expanded upon them before).
-----------------
Glad to see you posting more(we could use less lurkers at this point, what with one replacement and Drennan not posting much)....now post some stuffs. :D
TwilightBard: You'd probably be targetted for actions once we've lynched someone, but if you had come out in the beginning, you probably would have been believed and we would have moved on from this.
----------------------
The issue is, once you've lied, you made yourself a very difficult puzzle piece to place. You've said you're one thing (Vanilla Mafia [Town in standard games]), then you claimed Doctor, and for all I know you can be Town [Mafia in Standard Games] trying to keep from being lynched.

It puts me and the others in a very ackward position. You're the Doctor, or so you claim, but you've already lied about your role once, it makes it hard for us to take your night actions at face value.
---------------------
To answer your question, I would have been honest in my initial claim, even with the risk of being killed off. It's dangerous to have people lie in the game, especially if they're the uninformed majority.
--------------------
Not necessarily....some overly suspicious non-scum and scum pushing their agenda would have probably still pushed the issue regardless of how I claimed initially.
--------------------
I already explained why I lied. I felt(and still feel) that it was my best option(after the series of blunders that landed my in this position.) to try and avoid lynch while still keeping my role a secret if possible.

(And yes, I could've simply mentioned I was mafia[without the vanilla bit] & just withheld informations intead of lying, but i'm guessing people[suspicious non-scum and scum trying to push a lynch] probably would've still said/argued that I was lying when I dropped that I had a role later on. I also wanted to protect my role while trying to avoid lynch so that if I avoided lynch while keeping my role hidden I could better serve my fellow non-scum.)
---------------------
I feel the opposite. I feel that if lying(in certain cases & within reason, I mean) can help non-scum win then it's just another tool to use in one's arsenal to help non-scum win.

(Thanks for being honest and answering my question, though. Kudos.:))
---------------------
Imo people lie all the time in mafia games, and on both sides(some just don't get caught out in their lies or they lie about minor things they know no one will question/notice or bother to check.). Catching someone in a lie doesn't mean they are automatically scum/non-scum, and one should weigh all the "evidence" against/for someone.....not just any lies they may have told.

======================
Also to ALL: !Flavor text incoming!
======================
(Not quoting the mod/role PM directly[Joe told me to mention this bit/disclaimer, btw.])

"You got bit up/crushed up/shot to sh*t? See Chang. He'll fix you right up good as new. Don't be expecting to do much heavy lifting for awhile afterwards, though

Things aren't looking so good....your friends are gonna probably be hurt real bad real soon, but luckily you are good enough to handle such problems when them non-mafia jokers come along all nasty like."

---------------------
(I didn't do the conditions/powers bits because I don't know if it's standard/allowed to paraphrase them as well.)
TwilightBard: ...............

flubbucket: So are you going to be the guy to throw a Principle Party??

Also are you sure it's the ONLY OPTION??
I'll answer this one first because it's easier.

As far as being the only option...it kinda is. The problem ends up being, do we believe he's telling the truth when he's already lied the first time? How do we trust he protected who he said he protected?

Oh, and Gamerager, if you had told the truth, and people still pushed, it would have been pretty obvious that they didn't have the best interests of the majority in mind, I think a LOT of suspicion would fall on them.

I have one question to you though. How do you seperate the lies of the Uninformed Majority from the Informed Minority when everyone's lying? Isn't it better to keep people honest by punishing those who get caught in a lie? The Guilty are going to be the only ones with a distinct reason to do so.
TwilightBard: As far as being the only option...it kinda is. The problem ends up being, do we believe he's telling the truth when he's already lied the first time? How do we trust he protected who he said he protected?
------------------------
Oh, and Gamerager, if you had told the truth, and people still pushed, it would have been pretty obvious that they didn't have the best interests of the majority in mind, I think a LOT of suspicion would fall on them.
=================
I have one question to you though. How do you seperate the lies of the Uninformed Majority from the Informed Minority when everyone's lying?
----------------------
Isn't it better to keep people honest by punishing those who get caught in a lie?
--------------------
The Guilty are going to be the only ones with a distinct reason to do so.
I agree it's hard to tell if I protected anyone unless I get lucky and protect the right person on Day 1 and they tell us such on Night 2....otherwise you're right to say there's not much reason to trust what I say.
------------------
Live and learn, I guess......i'll try using some of the stuff i've learfned here in the future games I enter, at any rate.
==========
I'd be lying(pun hah) if I said I knew the answer to that one off the top of my head.

(Also I never said everyone should lie, or do it all the time....just that some people[Like power role wielding non-scum] should lie from time to time if it helps the non-scum side win.)
-------------
Again, I don't know for certain, but I believe everyone should play to the best of their ability and do whatever they can(within the game's rules) to help their side win.
--------------
I already showed an example where this is shown to be false(i.e. hiding one's power role from scum eyes by claiming to be vanilla.).
So no counter-claim so far. I don't think we would play without doc and roleblocker. Unvote.

TwilightBard: To answer your question, I would have been honest in my initial claim, even with the risk of being killed off. It's dangerous to have people lie in the game, especially if they're the uninformed majority.
Well, I think scum lying is more dangerous to town. :-)

Also, I know you are very strict about this, but sometimes it is better for town to lie or at least not to tell whole truth. These moment are scarce though, and every town should consider if the risk outweights the gain. (There was no gain in this case.)
When you lie, you can sometimes hide the fact you are PR, or claim you used all shots while you have some left to stay alive longer or you can draw NK, by hinting PR (it's lie too as you are cheating whole town) or some similar situation.
On the other hand you always risk being lynched for lying, it can spread confusion and make game more complicated for town or the town won't just trust you again.

(I used "town" because I am not talking specifically about this game and it is easier this way)
Vitek: Also, I know you are very strict about this, but sometimes it is better for town to lie or at least not to tell whole truth. These moment are scarce though, and every town should consider if the risk outweighs the gain. (There was no gain in this case.)

When you lie, you can sometimes hide the fact you are PR, or claim you used all shots while you have some left to stay alive longer or you can draw NK, by hinting PR (it's lie too as you are cheating whole town) or some similar situation.
On the other hand you always risk being lynched for lying, it can spread confusion and make game more complicated for town or the town won't just trust you again.
------------------------------

(I used "town" because I am not talking specifically about this game and it is easier this way)
Good points
----------------------
I know what you meant. :)

(Oddly enough you've also become less suspicious in my eyes over the last few[irl] days....so i'm going to Unvote Vitek. I will still be keeping an eye or 3[I surgiclly grafted another 1 on...like it?] on you, though, but others[Rob for his quick/near-reasonless vote on me awhile back, NFY for constantly defending you even further back, and Drennan for not posting much at all lately.] have drawn my ire as well.)
Vitek: So no counter-claim so far. I don't think we would play without doc and roleblocker. Unvote.

TwilightBard: To answer your question, I would have been honest in my initial claim, even with the risk of being killed off. It's dangerous to have people lie in the game, especially if they're the uninformed majority.
Vitek: Well, I think scum lying is more dangerous to town. :-)

Also, I know you are very strict about this, but sometimes it is better for town to lie or at least not to tell whole truth. These moment are scarce though, and every town should consider if the risk outweights the gain. (There was no gain in this case.)

I'm strict against hard lies, yes. But there's ways around that, omitting some things being a key, 'I think', 'I'm not sure', there's ways around hard lies for the most part. There's feigning nerves about claiming. Just don't come out and say a 100% falsehood. Something that's 90% true and vague enough not to be an out and out lie can be used to spring a trap, or give a push when you're absolutely certain.

What gets to me though, is when pushed to claim, a last chance ditch to save yourself, why lie about your role? Isn't that more dangerous then being a target for day actions? (Our usual Night actions) To get yourself mislynched and then the guilty faction gets a free shot at anyone is a good idea?