It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Why not just call it what they are called in the example pm?
Red_Baron: Why not just call it what they are called in the example pm?
You mean Jokers? Thus the bus drivers quote by flubbucket, argh....
JMich: I find it interesting that you skip game 15. Is it because in game 15 the mafia are the ones getting killed?
No, because Iw as listing previous games where mafia was killing people. This is not previous game.

A_Future_Pilot: Lol THAT was confusing!
Only thing he was sying with this cofusing thing is that he (and others sharing his opinion about naming) is the uninformed majority faction (usually known as town) for wanting to use name his way and I am the informed minority (usually known as mafia) for wanting different naming.

A_Future_Pilot: He also skipped game 6. (I don't know if that was on purpose or not).
I skipped game 6 because there was no mafia faction there. Only town and bunch of neutrals.

SirPrimalform: Yes, you are the one confusing things. We're trying to be consistent with the names already used in this game, you're trying to swap them around to what they have been in other games. You are the one causing confusion. :P
Maybe but I was trying exact opposite. For me it is confusing to use terms mafia and non-mafia which JMich used and I would have to repeatedly ask what any poster meant in his posts, so i wanted to use some other terms. For me it's quite easy and I am not sure why all of you find it confusing. I am trying to not use flavour in naming as I try in most game and we already had town who were Jack-named conventionist, good fairy characters, non-violent appliances, worshippers of Ra or other things and I always called them town, so I see no problem calling them town when they are named mafia in flavour.
But I see most of you disagree so I am going to call bad-guys "scum" (I uise this more often than mafia anyway) and the rest... hmm I don't know. Us? Side usually known as town? Certainly not mafia.

JMich: Just to be clear. If someone claims "Mafia", he's a Gangster, if someone claims "Town", he's a Thug, thus we lynch him. Correct?
I suppose we will se this a lot. People claiming town to get lynched I mean.
Apparently SaphoJoefromKokomo is an evil person. Just puttin' that out there...

It feels good to be a gangsta
I like the Gangster/Thug nomenclature, with Gangsters being the good guys and Thugs being the bad guys. That's pretty straight forward IMO, and are entirely different terms than mafia/town.

GameRager: ...
You (obviously) use FOS quite a lot. I for one don't much care to use it. IMO it's like voting without the repercussions. (Oh I never actually voted for him, I just thought he was acting thuggy). So where you might have FOS'd him, I just went ahead and voted for him.

(Now I have been known in my last game to think out loud and it seems as if I'm pointing FOS's at lots of people. It's not that I'm doing that, it's that I'm thinking through as many sides of the argument as I can come up with in one post.) <- Just so nobody says I'm being inconsistent from my last game :)
A harsh light invades the dim speakeasy.
A fella emerges from the storeroom. He takes off his hat.
JoeSapphire has joined the game. He is Joey Marone (Neutral Munitions Manufacturer)
"Whaya gonna do?" Sapphires asks the crowd, "once you get your punk?".
"Execute the bastard!"
"With what?" Sapphires replaces his hat. "Looks to me like you ain't got the faculties to produce this wanted consequence. Maybe you wanna start askin some favours of your pal Sapphires Marone?"
"Yeah that's it Sapphires."
"Sort us out."
"Fix it!"
"Well then." Sapphires turns his back on you. His sillhouette is framed in doorway of the supplies room, lit with buzzing neon lights. "I got enough to be gettin on with here. It ain't gonna be easy. You're gonna have to remember that you owe me a favour or two once we're done here.
I should be able to fix up somethin for tonight. Make sure the party ain't wasted.
And look. I been keepin score:"

Sapphires brings a blackboard out from the storeroom. He's drawn a table on it, with points like a card game.

THE GAME IS FIRST-TO-SEVEN-VOTES

2 - JMich -------------- A_Future_Pilot, Robbeasy,
0 - GameRager ------
0 - Twilightbard ------
2 - Not-French-Yet - Red_Baron, SirPrimalform,
0 - drennan -----------
0 - Rodzaju -----------
1 - SirPrimalform ---- Vitek,
2 - Red_Baron ------- Twilightbard, Rodzaju,
0 - Robbeasy --------
0 - A_Future_Pilot --
0 - flubbucket --------
3 - Vitek --------------- flubbucket, JMich, GameRager,
0 - NoLynch ----------

drennan, Not-French-Yet,

"Just sos that we all know just who it is gonna be recievin this little present I'm cookin here in the back. Good luck boys!"
He closes the door and locks it behind him.
Post edited March 05, 2013 by JoeSapphire
I'm fine with calling us gangsters, but I may call us mafia as well because that's what we are. Until we know better I will be referring to the informed minority as town.

JoeSapphire: ...
Hey, I was voting for NFY! But not any more, unvote NFY.

The vote count was before this unvote though so it's still wrong, ha!
Robbeasy: You can make the assumption if you like that opposition will claim 'Town' - I'm certainly not, the very point is that we don't know the opposition, which is why I'm calling them 'Thugs' - a nice generic term.
I think it works, and something I'm willing to adopt (although I know I'm still gonna slip when I'm typing things out really quickly).

Although I see it slipping out from time to time anyway as people post quickly, so things should be interesting.
SirPrimalform: I'm fine with calling us gangsters, but I may call us mafia as well because that's what we are.
Ok and every time you call it this way I am going to ask if by mafia you mean mafia or if by mafia you mean town. :-)

I am fine with calling us ganstas but only if we call the other group bitches.

"I need a gangsta bitch
I want a gansta bitch"
SirPrimalform: I'm fine with calling us gangsters, but I may call us mafia as well because that's what we are.
Vitek: Ok and every time you call it this way I am going to ask if by mafia you mean mafia or if by mafia you mean town. :-)
I mean what it says in my PM and in the example PM. Ask away but you won't get an answer. :P
Vitek seems to be arguing for the sake of arguing & deliberately taking a contrary view.

Why so eager to set yourself aside from the group?

Unvote Red Baron; Vote Vitek
A_Future_Pilot: You (obviously) use FOS quite a lot. I for one don't much care to use it. IMO it's like voting without the repercussions. (Oh I never actually voted for him, I just thought he was acting thuggy). So where you might have FOS'd him, I just went ahead and voted for him.
I mainly use FOS to point out those I suspect the least(out of all those currently in my suspects list), and votes to point out who I currently find to be the most suspicious. This allows me to keep my vote on the one I suspect most(and possibly make it more likely to get him/her lynched) while informing everyone else about other suspects on my list.
JoeSapphire: A harsh light invades the dim speakeasy.
A fella emerges from the storeroom. He takes off his hat.
JoeSapphire has joined the game. He is Joey Marone (Neutral Munitions Manufacturer)
"Whaya gonna do?" Sapphires asks the crowd, "once you get your punk?".
"Execute the bastard!"
"With what?" Sapphires replaces his hat. "Looks to me like you ain't got the faculties to produce this wanted consequence. Maybe you wanna start askin some favours of your pal Sapphires Marone?"
"Yeah that's it Sapphires."
"Sort us out."
"Fix it!"
"Well then." Sapphires turns his back on you. His silhouette is framed in doorway of the supplies room, lit with buzzing neon lights. "I got enough to be gettin on with here. It ain't gonna be easy. You're gonna have to remember that you owe me a favor or two once we're done here.
*In Terminator voice* I'd like a phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range.
GameRager: I mainly use FOS to point out those I suspect the least(out of all those currently in my suspects list), and votes to point out who I currently find to be the most suspicious. This allows me to keep my vote on the one I suspect most(and possibly make it more likely to get him/her lynched) while informing everyone else about other suspects on my list.
Ah that makes sense :)
JoeSapphire: favor
GameRager:
Hey!
Put that back!

AND I suppose I'll update the votecount to include imalform's APPARENTLY VALID vote.
Post edited March 04, 2013 by JoeSapphire
JoeSapphire: Hey! Put that back!
I also require your clot....err nevermind.