It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s a holiday tradition! We’ve decorated a Christmas Tree in the GOG.com office. Random people are running around in holiday hats and singing along the winners of the Holiday Songs Contest.

We think that our website deserves some holiday touch of its own and we will deliver that! During our 50% off Xmas Sale we already had four big publishers join forces with us. EA helped us with the the EA Crossword Puzzle, Interplay in the Interplay Caption Contest, thanks to Activision for the Activision Holiday Song Contest and last but not least Ubisoft motivated you guys to write some Ubisoft themed New Year’s Eve Resolutions.

So it’s finally time for the Third Annual GOG.com Screenshot Scavenger Hunt to start! Here are the rules: From now until Friday the 30th of December 2011 we’re going to have some Holiday themed screenshots up on our website for you to find. ;) They will be hidden in our game cards, surrounded by all of the regular screenshots. The trick is (as you can see below) that some of them will be “spiced up” with some holiday themed devices:

When you find a holiday themed screenshot (there are 20 of them in total), be sure to write down the name of the game. When you’ve got them all, list them all in an email to "[url=mailto:contest@gog.com?subject=GOG.com 2011 Scavenger Screenshot Hunt]contest@gog.com[/url]" with the subject line being "[url=mailto:contest@gog.com?subject=GOG.com 2011 Scavenger Screenshot Hunt]GOG.com 2011 Scavenger Screenshot Hunt[/url]". From every valid application we will pick 10 winners who got all the games right and gift them two games from the entire catalogue (excluding The Witcher 2). The contest ends on Friday December 30th 2011 11:59 GMT
Post edited December 27, 2011 by Galimatias
Huh, i had 19, and i was missing.. Restaurant Empire.
As for Chaser and Tyrian, how many of You have[?] considered Santa in Tropico Reloaded?;P
Galimatias: Winners have been contacted via e-mail.
Check your inboxes ;)

All the Xmas themed pictures are gonna be posted on our Facebook profile in a sec.
ARE YOU SURE THAT AMONG THESE WINNERS ARE JUST THESE WHO SEARCHED SCREENSHOTS BY "TRADITIONAL" METHOD???
My list is the same as mrkgnao, but yeah, I was still unsure abotu Tyrian and Postal and Xii. Damn snowmen! :D

Since the winners are supposed to have been contacted, and I wasn't...so......a couple hours down the drain, I guess :(

At least I got an up-close and personal look at the catalogue. I wonder how many people entered in total, and how many of those were using the "exploit".
Check your inboxes ;)

All the Xmas themed pictures are gonna be posted on our Facebook profile in a sec.
kregent: ARE YOU SURE THAT AMONG THESE WINNERS ARE JUST THESE WHO SEARCHED SCREENSHOTS BY "TRADITIONAL" METHOD???
I can say I used the "vulnerability", told GOG about doing so, and did NOT win.
But except if told out right, GOG has no way of knowing who used the "traditional" method and who didn't -- that's why it's a real "vulnerability" (which should really be fixed if this kind of contest is to be run again)...
Post edited December 30, 2011 by mrkgnao
Fantastic: I still don't know which picture was modified at ARMA: Gold Edition, because I remember I looked it's pictures, too, but I didn't found anything that would be modified by the GOG Team.
bazilisek: Second set of thumbnails, centre of bottom row. The green scope.
Thanks, I haven't seen that.
Damn now i'll have to *gasp* buy some games. ;)
bazilisek: So about this vulnerability, or how to break GOG's contest in five easy steps if you have at least very basic knowledge of HTML and a few standard software tools, no fancy scripting required:
In Firefox, all you had to do was right-click on each image and then select View Image. It then brings up the thumbnail image and displays it's URL.

One easy step, no extra tools required, just as effective. :)

I used this to confirm the 20, but I didn't win anyways.
Post edited December 30, 2011 by silvanthalas
babark: My list is the same as mrkgnao, but yeah, I was still unsure abotu Tyrian and Postal and Xii. Damn snowmen! :D

Since the winners are supposed to have been contacted, and I wasn't...so......a couple hours down the drain, I guess :(

At least I got an up-close and personal look at the catalogue. I wonder how many people entered in total, and how many of those were using the "exploit".
Took me about an hour and a half checking screenshots manually, taking one genre at the time made it fairly easy and got 'em all in the first run through, only almost missing "Gangland". That was very well integrated :-)
Check your inboxes ;)

Ah nuts... No mail for me
Fun hunt though - Holliday cheers and congrats to the lucky winners :-)
Post edited December 30, 2011 by KlausK
kregent: ARE YOU SURE THAT AMONG THESE WINNERS ARE JUST THESE WHO SEARCHED SCREENSHOTS BY "TRADITIONAL" METHOD???
mrkgnao: I can say I used the "vulnerability", told GOG about doing so, and did NOT win.
But except if told out right, GOG has no way of knowing who used the "traditional" method and who didn't -- that's why it's a real "vulnerability" (which should really be fixed if this kind of contest is to be run again)...
My opinion is that most of these who had the right answers used the "vulnerability". I attached my results - if I compare it to your answers there is 2 variations (instead of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm I found X/mas items in TYRIAN 2000 and ZORK NEMESIS: THE FORBIDDEN LANDS.

But anyway thank you that you have opened this topic, because GOG should find the way how to avoid it.
Attachments:
Post edited December 30, 2011 by kregent
Galimatias: I will post the winners shortly ;)
By the word 'post', did you mean that you're going to send them mail, or that you're going to announce them here?
And if the later was the case, when are you going to do so, I'd be curious! ;)
mrkgnao: I can say I used the "vulnerability", told GOG about doing so, and did NOT win.
kregent: My opinion is that most of these who had the right answers used the "vulnerability". I attached my results - if I compare it to your answers there is 2 variations (instead of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm I found X/mas items in TYRIAN 2000 and ZORK NEMESIS: THE FORBIDDEN LANDS.

But anyway thank you that you have opened this topic, because GOG should find the way how to avoid it.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I understand that this "vulnerability" has already been reported to GOG in previous years...
Post edited December 30, 2011 by mrkgnao
Check your inboxes ;)

Are you sure? Because I have checked my inbox about a dozen times and I haven't seen... oh. I see.

Thanks for the fun Scavanger Hunt and a Happy New Year to the GOG Team and all the GOG members!
Ohhh, what a pity... I missed that classic this year due to my christmas holidays. It was really funny the last year. Nevertheless, congrats to the winners!
mrkgnao: I wouldn't hold my breath. I understand that this "vulnerability" has already been reported to GOG in previous years...
I know for a fact it was reported last year. I'm not sure about the 2009 contest.

EDIT: Just found out it actually was pointed out way back in the first contest. Proof. I am disappoint.
Post edited December 30, 2011 by bazilisek
Disappointed, didn't win... The screenshot that dogged me was the ArmA one where the Santa and sleigh pic was black within the green nightscope image. I must have looked at that one 3 or 4 times before I saw it. I guess I would have made a pretty lousy soldier.. :P