It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mafia role PMs:

Vitek received:
Dear Vitek,

You are Jock Scott (mafia godfather)

Having been a member of the Louisiana House of Representatives for well over a decade you have received how many letters, both formal and informal? Well, it must be thousands upon thousands. And well over 90% of them spell your name «Jack Scott». Even the media tend to call you Jack more often than not.
Not any more! It's time to take a stand against all those Jacks, and their holier-than-thou attitude towards the spelling of names. Besides, if all the Jacks of the world were to die, Jock would suddenly be the common spelling. The thought alone is enough to make one smile.

Having been in the state House of Representative for a while, as well as being a lawyer, has it perks. For example you are able to weasel your way out of most any legal conundrum, and you also have access to certain confidential records full of equally confidential information.

Your partners in crime are Jesskitten (Jackie Chan – mafia jailer) and Typhoon (Jacques Villeneuve – mafia framer). You may talk with them at night.
I have set up a scumchat for you here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/vBamkT9f9cmr
Please use that for all your scumchatting needs.

Abilities:
-You investigate as town. This is a static ability, and it is always active.
-Each night you may PM the mod with the name of a player you want to look up in the confidential records, in an attempt to figure out their real name. (If you were to look up yourself you would get the result «Jock Scott»)
-Each night one you may carry out the mafia nightkill. PM the mod with the name of the player you want to kill.
Note that you may only perform one of the abilities each night, and that only one player can carry out the nightkill per night.

Win condition:
You win when the mafia equals the town in size.

Note: Every single townie in the game is named Jack, so if you are ever to claim your name you might want to make something up.
Typhoon received:
Dear Typhoon,

You are Jaques Villeneuve (mafia framer)

You're not one to miss a party, even when you're not invited. Arguing with the stupid Jacks that Jacques is simply the French form of the same name fell on deaf ears, so now you need to go at it some other way. A very bloody way.

Being a Formula 1 driver, you are obviously used with handling cars at great speed. What isn't obvious is that you are actually rather adept at stealing cars as well. Combine these two skills, add a radar controlled speed camera system, and suddenly some poor innocent Jack will be not so innocent in the eyes of the law.

Your partners in crime are Vitek (Jock Scott – mafia godfather) and Jesskitten (Jackie Chan – Mafia Jailer). You may talk with them at night.
I have set up a scumchat for you here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/vBamkT9f9cmr

Abilities:
-Each night you may PM the mod with the name of a player whose car you want to steal and speed with. That player will turn up mafia to any investigations that night.
-Each night one you may carry out the mafia nightkill. PM the mod with the name of the player you want to kill.
Note that you may only perform one of the abilities each night, and that only one player can carry out the nightkill per night.

Win condition:

Note: Every single townie in the game is named Jack, so if you are ever to claim your name you might want to make something up.
Jesskitten received:
Dear Jesskitten,

You are Jackie Chan (mafia jailer)

Those pesky Jacks with their fancy Jackday party. It seems being a Jackie isn't good enough to get invited – nooo, it's Jack or bust. Well, then let's bust. It's time to crash this party, and give these filthy Jacks a lesson they will soon forget. Because they will be dead.

Using your martial arts, you are capable of knocking out enemies without killing them. However, to make sure you don't get caught you need to hide the bodies, which will have the side effect of preventing them from being killed that night.

Your partners in crime are Vitek (Jock Scott – mafia godfather) and Typhoon (Jacques Villeneuve – mafia framer). You may talk with them at night.

Abilities:
-Each night you may PM the mod with the name of a player you want to knock out and hide. That player will be prevented from performing a night action, but will also be safe from being killed.

Win condition:

Town role PMs to come at half time.
Sorry town. :( I feel scummy.

Thanks Zch for modding and flavour :) The Jack puns were great. Thanks for (shortly) posting role PMs! You will be posting night actions too right?

Some initial loose-end questions:
- Who was Ghost's lynchee? Any guesses before Ghost/Zch checks in to answer this? I doubt she knew who it was though (and had to find out) so I don't think it was Damnation or me. Though it folded in really, really nicely with my 3rd party claim in the end. I kinda think it was Robbeasy, and
Edit: Ah, with the lyncher mason thing on final flavour (I wrote the above before Zch had posted), it makes a lot more sense now! Did you two know you were each other targets? Or had to figure it out?
- For all that is holy or otherwise, what was your thought process behind claiming scum, Dammy?

I was claiming 3rd party survivor with a one-shot nightkill immunity, not sure if anyone ever got the end part (but that was what I was hinting at for several posts in Day 4).

@Zch
Not sure if the Mafia Godfather + Name Cop may have been a little bit too powerful here, though part of it was that we lucked out and got their jailor early, but it seemed he had a free reason to visit others that was confirmable (name cop) and yet possibly not be useful enough to warrant a NK, though we claimed before he could actually use it to cement his town status. Out of curiosity, if GoJays had investigated Vitek, what would he have gotten as the ability? Godfather? Or would he have gotten the name cop thing? (Or was Vitek pulling my leg about all that?) I like the names signifying who the Mafia were, although maybe town should have been given the name cop role (maybe switching GoJays and Vitek's investigation roles) as that was really the only way to find the godfather.

While I didn't really expect it, to the end I was cautious about wondering whether Vitek had a separate win condition as well (like he had to be sole surviving Mafia or something) due to that. :p But the ability + godfather status made him look unbreakably townie, I think, esp. with no tracker or watcher.

However, I like what you did with giving us Mafia more small potentially useful actions than we had actual mafia, (I think we had 4, the jailing, name cop, framer, and the actual kill) and making us decide which we wanted or didn't want to use.

I like the way you seemed to set it up to punish fullclaims and follow-the-cop (more investigative roles, less docs, as well as their primary "doctor" being a double-edged sword).

I think we should consider the rule that some other mods on other sites sometimes endorce, and disallow anyone role-claiming scum (on pain of modkill). That one kinda derailed the game a fair amount and gave Orry a lot of unfortunate scumminess he shouldn't have gotten.
Town role PMs:

Nazarush received:
Dear Nazarush,

You are Detective Inspector Jack Frost (town cop).

Your people skills might not be the best, but you have a certain knack for solving murder cases – which will surely come in handy, what with the murder and all.
(I know jack shit (hehe, get it? «Jack» shit?) about Jack Frost, so you're not getting much flavour here.)

Abilities:
-Each night you may send the name of one player to the moderator, in an attempt to find out whether that player is aligned with the town or the mafia.

Win condition:
You win when all the mafia are dead, and the future of Jack is secure once again.
Nmillar received:
Dear nmillar,

You are Jack (town jailer).

You are perhaps better known under your code name – Raiden. But you know what they say, a Jack is a Jack, so even if you want to go by Raiden at the party, you are still welcome.
But don't bring that whiny girlfriend of yours along. I will promptly have to kick you out, if you do.

You have brought with you your tranquiliser gun, which you can use to temporarily take enemies out of the fight. However, you always feel this strange compulsion to hide them in the nearest closet, so that no one can find them.

Abilities:
-Each night you may send the name of one player you want to sedate and stuff in a closet. That player will be unable to perform a night action, and will also be protected from being killed.

Win condition:
You win when all the mafia are dead, and the future of Jack is secure once again.
Bazilisek received:
Dear Bazilisek,

You are Jack Bauer (town jack-of-all-trades)

How many times have you saved the world now, Jack? Well, it doesn't matter, this time the task is much easier – you just need to save the Jacks.
Being a trained special agent, you have several abilities available for use. Make sure to use them wisely, to maximize their effect.

Abilities:
-Once during the game, at night, you may PM the mod with the name of a player you want to protect. That player will survive the first attempt at killing them that night.
-Once during the game, at night, you may PM the mod with the name of a player you want to attempt to kill.
-Once during the game, at night, you may PM the mod with the name of a player you want knock unconscious. That player will be prevented from performing a night action that night.

Please note that you may not perform more than one action each night.

Win condition:
GoJays received:
Dear GoJays,

You are Jack Dragna (town ability cop)

Yes, you are a mafia don, but tonight that is of no importance. Tonight you are just a Jack among Jacks, a friend among friends. However, there seems to be some non-Jacks among the Jacks. You should probably help smoke them out.
As a mafia don, you have of course had numerous run-ins with the cops. Enough so that a couple of them have even become your friends. They can surely help you out with some information...

Abilities:
-Each night you may send the name of one player to the mod, in an attempt to find out an ability that player possesses.
Please note that if a player has more than one ability, you will only get to know one of them, determined at random.

Win condition:
Rooshandark received:
Dear Rooshandark,

You are Jack and Jill (town double voter)

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.
Up Jack got, and home did trot,
As fast as he could caper,
To old Dame Dob, who patched his nob
With vinegar and brown paper.
Abilities:
-Seeing as how you have managed to smuggle Jill into this all-Jack celebration, you have two votes.
Please note that the votes are independent of each other, and as such you will need to write «vote: [NAME]» twice to vote twice. You may vote for two different players if you wish.

Win condition:
Damnation received:
Dear Damnation,

You are Jack Thompson (town vanilla)

Even a Jack as universally disliked, in some crowds even hated, (except for at Fox News, of course) as you is welcome to celebrate the wonders of Jacks. And with Jack, the other Jack, that there Morgan fellow, now being found dead you can surely help find the murderers. It must be those teenagers with their murder simulators.

Abilities:
-None. You've been disbarred, luckily.

Win condition:
Robbeasy received:
Dear Robbeasy,

You are Jack White (town mason)

Welcome back, Jack! At last years Jackday celebration you and Jack Black (lord.seo) had a bit too much to drink. Well, a whole lot too much to drink, really. Anyway, at the time you thought it would be hilarious to work together on a project, suitably titled «Jack Gray».
In hindsight, and without crazy amounts of alcohol in your blood, it doesn't seem like such a good idea, does it? That Jack Black is a dick anyway. Perhaps with the ruckus surrounding the death of Jack Morgan, you might get rid of Black? He must of course not suspect a thing, you better be as nice as ever towards him.

Abilites:
-You may talk with your mason partner at any time.

I have set up a masonchat for you here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/pXEQMQxJj8Hru
Please use that for all your masonchatting needs.

Win condition:

Additional win condition:
Make sure lord.seo dies before you do.
Note: lord.seo is not aware that you have this additional win condition.

(You win only if you fulfill both your win conditions. As long as lord.seo is dead, you win if the town wins, even if you are dead. If both you and lord.seo are alive at the end of the game, you lose the game, even if the town wins.)
GhostQlyph received:
Dear GhostQlyph,

You are Jack Black (town mason)

Last year, over a bottle of wine at this very celebration, you and Jack White (Robbeasy) came up with a great humour project you would do together, entitled «Jack Gray». It would have style, it would have humour, and it would have two great Jacks in charge.
However, you've now already got the idea – and that is after all the hard part. If he were to somehow... disappear from the project, you could get in someone much cheaper to replace him. And with the confusion caused by the murder of Jack Morgan, this seems like the perfect time to get rid of Mr. White. Just make sure he doesn't suspect a thing...

Abilites:
-You may talk with your mason partner at any time.

I have set up a masonchat for you here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/pXEQMQxJj8Hru
Please use that for all your masonchatting needs.

Win condition:

Additional win condition:
Make sure Robbeasy dies before you do.
Note: Robbeasy is not aware that you have this additional win condition.

(You win only if you fulfill both your win conditions. As long as Robbeasy is dead, you win if the town wins, even if you are dead. If both you and Robbeasy are alive at the end of the game, you lose the game, even if the town wins.)
Orryyrro received:
Dear Orryyrro,

You are Union Jack (town vanilla)

There's not much to say, is there? You're a flag. Due to your name, you are a prominent part of decorations for Jackday.

Abilites:
-None. Well, you can sway nicely in the wind, but that isn't all that helpful in the current situation.

Win condition:
Hehe, very nice. Thanks.

So Robb did have town confirmation of Ghost as well but withheld that to get her lynched. Clever try! :P
Well played mafia folks, well played.
I must admit, I kinda lost track reading this game during the last day. You guys post so incredibly long and analytical posts :D

Anyhow, gratz on the good scumming Jock, Jaques and Jackie :P
Good game, everyone. Had a lot of fun. More than in first game. I somehow don't understand why Ghost saved Rob.

jesskitten: While I didn't really expect it, to the end I was cautious about wondering whether Vitek had a separate win condition as well (like he had to be sole surviving Mafia or something) due to that. :p But the ability + godfather status made him look unbreakably townie, I think, esp. with no tracker or watcher.
Well, I have to admit the thought of you having another winning condition crossed my mind too. I think that happens to all who live our kind of lifes. :-)
You are right my ability is more townie than GoJays one and I had pretty strong combo. But I assure you I enjoyed them. :-)
On the other hand town had a lot of abilities too to balance it out.
EDIT: Also I haven't told town anything I couldn't just make up even without this ability.

nmillar: nmillar
I've got qestion for you. How did you know mafias are not Jacks? That's the sole reason we decided to kill you night 1.
Post edited May 04, 2011 by Vitek
I was onto you vitek if this didn't end so quickly when i was asleep i would have gotten you:P Nicely played.
rooshandark8: I was onto you vitek if this didn't end so quickly when i was asleep i would have gotten you:P Nicely played.
Heh, why? What have I done to out myself to you?
rooshandark8: I was onto you vitek if this didn't end so quickly when i was asleep i would have gotten you:P Nicely played.
Vitek: Heh, why? What have I done to out myself to you?
Well after i reread a bunch of times. your play style at one point gave away your mafia, around the area when u voted typhoon. Anyway Nicely played man
you gonna join mafia 4?
rooshandark8: Well after i reread a bunch of times. your play style at one point gave away your mafia, around the area when u voted typhoon. Anyway Nicely played man
you gonna join mafia 4?
I already did, right after you.

Also I'd like to compliment Zchinque for his death scenes. They are hilarious.
rooshandark8: Well after i reread a bunch of times. your play style at one point gave away your mafia, around the area when u voted typhoon. Anyway Nicely played man
you gonna join mafia 4?
Vitek: I already did, right after you.

Also I'd like to compliment Zchinque for his death scenes. They are hilarious.
yea, hopefully the next one is good too.
rooshandark8: yea, hopefully the next one is good too.
"hopefully"?! I made it, so of course it's good!
Damn, I got a mafia result off of vitek the night I died too. Of course I knew I was going to die but I was still holding on to that slim chance
rooshandark8: yea, hopefully the next one is good too.
Damnation: "hopefully"?! I made it, so of course it's good!
Zombie Mafia, is it? :P

So what was your reasoning behind claiming scum and naming your scumteam and an innocent?

Nazarush: Damn, I got a mafia result off of vitek the night I died too. Of course I knew I was going to die but I was still holding on to that slim chance
Wait a minute. He was godfather, PM says he investigates as town. How do you get a Mafia result on Vitek?
Post edited May 04, 2011 by jesskitten