It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here are the first six role descriptions, Pazzer the miracle maker, littlerabbit the thief and twilightbard the doctor. SirPrimalform and Muttly13 the vanillas and Bazilisek the tracker.

Pazzer's

You there lad! Yes you - what would you give to have all your dreams realised?
To have the strength to take what you want and the wisdom to want what you need?
Imagine a life without pestilence, without heartache, with neither sorrow nor regret,
tempting?
I know the secret arts of the herbs my boy, and let me confide in you, for you look like
a good sort, all a man could ever desire in all the lands in all the corners of this world;
all paradise, all joy, all contentment can be seen at the bottom of this bottle.

You are the Apothecary (TOWN MIRACLE MAKER).
You've spent your life researching the power of medicine. The potency of herbs, the mysteries of brewing. And you have performed some miracles in your time. You've spent the last few decades wandering the paths, sharing a little magic with those good and charitable souls who show you some kindness. Of course you can't quite grant ALL a man's desires.
And some might complain of a certain draught's unwanted effects.
Or lack of any effect at all...
But you DO know some things, and you have been keeping a miracle or two hidden in the bottom of your bindle for emergencies. And it looks like we're in need of a miracle...

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when all anti-town players are removed from the game, whether you survive or not.

POWERS: Once during the game, as a night action, you may send me the name of a player (not you).
That player will survive the night no matter what happens to them. If they are attacked by anyone else the same night, they might learn something about that player.
You may only use this power once so choose wisely!

LittleRabbit's

The giant stared at the girl, she did not move.
"I AM GIANT OF THE STANDING STONES
HERE TO FEAST ON HUMAN BONES.
HEIGH HO HIGH HEIGH
NO MAN CAN STAND BEFORE ME
HEIGH HO DIDDLE-DE-DEY
TO HELL WITH HIS HORSE AND FOLLOWING HE"
The girl looked him in his eyes:
"That's impressive," she told him, "but I am not a man, and as such I can do what no man can do,
not even you."
"WHAT'S THAT?" roared the giant.
"As a woman, I can birth a poisonous pig to chase you away," she said, and she plucked out her carving knife,
and ripped open her shirts and plop! onto the floor fell her little piglet!
"ANY FOOL CAN DO THAT!" Cried the giant, and taking up the carving knife he spilled his guts across his standing stones.
The girl picked up the piglet back into her arms, retrieved her carving knife and went on her way.

You are the Savvy Maid (TOWN FLAVOUR THIEF)
The lady you serve has a big house with lots of keyholes for you to peek through, many a dumb-waiter you can listen in at and many fireplaces whose ash you can search for evidence of society's sordid affairs. You have developed a fine judging sense and you can tell the sort of work a man does with one searching gaze.
It's not really your place to get involved in such terrible business, but when it seems hell is waiting to engulf your homeland you aren't going to stay in the shadows and let it happen!

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when all anti-town players are removed from the game, whether you survive or not.

POWERS: Once per night you may choose a player to investigate. Send me the name of the player you have chosen and I will send you a message describing a single detail about their business. For example if you investigated yourself, you would find out that you work in the service industry.
You're only a child though, and if you don't get enough sleep you get overtired. You can only use this power if you did not use it the previous night.

Twilightbard's

"Apple tree Apple tree hide me!
That the devil cannot find me!
If he does he'll break my bones
and bury me under the marble stones."

"Fear not child, climb up high,
I'll hide you from the earth and sky.
Though all of hell my pass below
you shall be safe where the red fruits grow.

You are the enchanted apple tree (TOWN DOCTOR).
You are old and your spirit is good. You have provided sweet and crisp fruit for the children of the land for ages past. You have witnessed many troubles and you will always help the good when they are in need. One may think that, being a tree, there isn't much you CAN do to help. Well they aren't aware of the magic that is knotted up in your trunk. Your fruits have performed miracles in the past, your leaves have made song and your branches have been used to beat mischievous spirits back to where they came from. Evil is abound, the good souls need you once more.

POWERS: Once per night you may choose a player to protect. Send me the name of the player you have chosen and that player will spend the night hidden in your branches and protected from harm. You CAN choose to protect yourself. You cannot use this power if you are dead.

Bazilisek's

"One more chance!" cackled the imp. "The Princess wasn't in the well,
nor was she buried in the coffin!"
Brishan repeated the clue to himself:
"She's here in this garden,
though I may search the land for a year,
turn every stone and twist my head about about
I will never see her."
Finally, "Turn around," said Brishan.
The imp faltered. "No." He spat.
"I know where she is!" Calooed the boy, "She's on the back of your head!"
The imp howled in anguish and rage.

You are the Wily Stableboy (TOWN TRACKER)
You're young and unassuming, but you have a good heart and a sharp wit.You always know when your master or cook or the housemaids are up to something, and you always let them know you know with a wink and a gap-toothed grin. But since this morning you've forgotten how to smile.You work out quickly that there are problems in the land, and that the problems are caused by people with malicious intent. It's time to start scouring in the dark corners and dredging up the mud to find out what people are getting up to. With enough information you'll be able to work out what's what, who's responsible, and why.
You relish the challenge.

POWERS: Once per night you may choose a player to investigate. Send me the name of the player you have chosen and I will send you a message naming any players who were targeted by your target.
You're only a child though, and if you don't get enough sleep you get overtired. You can only use this power if you did not use it the previous night.

SirPrimalform's

O and he was a fine figure! When he dressed from head to foot in the
cloth of his rank he fairly gleamed with pride and made the sun remove
his hat and salute as though the sky had fallen beneath the land.
But his heart was forged with valour and justice, and he was most
fiercely loyal to his King and Queen. If he was told to mount a lion and
ride into battle with a dragon he would have saddled the beast without
a word. "For Peace!" was his war cry, and he believed it.

You are the Royal Knight-at-Arms (Town Vanilla).
The Queen is dead and the King is missing! And it happened while you were Patrolling the grounds!
In a single night the entire town has been thrown into chaos, and the townsfolk don't even realise how much the Queen and King did for them. Well, you became a Royal night to protect, and by the powers you will die for the townspeople if you have to!
You aren't afraid. You have resolve, those who did this must pay if we are ever to sleep safely again.

POWERS: You've never been one for taking initiative; you always follow your orders, and your orders have always come directly from the king.With him gone all you can do is stand tall, look reassuring and hope that evil will spare the innocent.
At night you do nothing.

Muttly13's

Every morning he filled the streets with his merry song and the smell
of hot loaves. His cheeks were red and his hands large, his beard was
the yellow of corn and when he pulled a cake from his hot coal oven all
the people in the street would applaud and whistle him another job well done.

You are the Kindly Baker (Town Vanilla).
For you, life has been good. You do what you love, and you make people happy doing it, and people appreciate you. You've got a lot out of life, and a lot of that has been because the people who ruled the land were decent people.
And now they're dead.
Well that's not right. You know that you've got to do something to fix it, but how much can you do? You make bread, you don't hunt murderers.
But you know, one man can change the world...

POWERS: Early to bed and early to rise. You need to sleep deeply and recover your strength or there will be no bread the next morning. Everyone is relying on you.
You have no night actions.
Post edited December 14, 2011 by JoeSapphire
The day 1 deadline was annoying but was Orryyrro's role that was too much for me. Was no way for Orryyrro to stay alive after he claimed.

Would also be interested in what Baz's breadcrumbs were as missed them.

Should really trust my instincts but is hard as you get so sucked in. With so many power roles should have been obvious SirPrimalform was town after he claimed vanilla. Just couldn't believe mafia would have such a powerful role allowing them to mess with votes needed.
Last three town, Notfrenchyet and ViolatorX, the masons, and Orryyrro, the gossip/cop/princess/purple umbrella

NotFrenchYet's

Sing a reel a widdershins,
dance a ring of fox's gloves,
charm each bluebell to give a song
sweeter than the turtle dove's.

You are the Fairy (TOWN MASON).
You're an innocent sprite, who sleeps in the flowerbeds and dances in starlight. The Queen and King of the land were kind people and the fairies were good to them, when you heard whispers of the murder you raced three times round the chimeny tops and spat hot embers in your grief. And then you remembered your friend.
There is an old woman who lives in the village and every night she goes to her window and looks up at the moon, and brings a little crumb of cake and a cup of tea, and you meet her and swap stories and tea and cake. You fear for the old woman, as she is helpless and alone. You have to help the town any way you can, and you have to protect your friends from the danger you can feel all around.

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when all anti-town players are removed from the game AND the old woman is still alive, whether you survive or not. If the old woman dies, you cannot win the game.

POWERS: At Night you can talk to the Old Woman HERE.
You know the Old Woman's role and alignment (TOWN MASON)

ViolatorX's

"Hush now sweetlings, wrap up warm.
The stars are out now, do not peep,
close your eyes, go back to sleep."
"Grandma, will you tell us a story?"
"No darlings, it's too late."
"Oh please grandma! I'm frightened."
"Well, as the fire is warm and the night is bitter,
come put your head on your Grandma's lap.
When I was knee-high to a grasshopper there lived a boy named John..."

You are the Old Woman (TOWN MASON).
You've lived in the town ever since you were a little girl, and maybe you are one of the few people who remembers the Queen and King who ruled the land before. They were cruel people, and the land was severe and life was hard under their rule. Until your King's right to rule was established.
They brought such happiness to every soul. You've lived a very good life, and you owe so much to them, and this is how it ends?
Your thoughts turn to your only friend, a tiny fairy who flitters to your window every night and talks to you as you sit in your old wheeled chair with a blanket over your knees and another around your shoulders. Maybe your friend can help you work out who did this. Maybe you can help avenge your Queen.

POWERS: At night you may talk with the fairy HERE.
You know the fairy's role and alignment (TOWN MASON).

Orryyrro's
Fartinbras the King was wise,
with his kindly wrinkling, twinkling eyes,
he was brave and always knew just what to do,
no matter the danger, no fear of the sting,
he ruled for the people and loved for them too,
and bards would write and fools would sing
of Fartinbras the King.

You are the King. (TOWN COP/PRINCESS/GOSSIP)
Ever since you were granted the crown of the land, you have ruled here happily and come to know and love your people. You are intelligent and kind and just, and have always done what you thought best for the good of all. But this morning you found your loving wife, the sweetest most generous creature
murdered. You thought fast, your instinct was to run from the danger, but fear for your people kept you. Your heart pained to think that something could do this, something close.
In the early hours, you slipped out of the castle, using doors only you knew of, disguised. You must be with your people now, in this time of fear and danger, and you must protect them. And you need to find the one who killed your love.You cannot falter yet, feel your loss, but bear yourself high. While your kingdom needs you you will be there.

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when all danger to town is eliminated, whether or not you survive.

POST RESTRICTIONS:
- You are in disguise, and you must work to keep up the facade or you will surely be recognised.
You may not claim cop, nor may you claim any powers, nor may you claim King.
If you are asked to claim you MUST claim "Poor Blind Jack".

- In order to divert suspicion you have decided to take on assumed madness. They will pity you, and you won't be seen as a threat - If your role is under scrutiny you MUST quote;
"Poor Blind Jack, O wo! O me!
Bent of back and stiff of knee,
unwashed, unfed,
no friends, no bed.
Pity Old Jack! Pity poor blind he!"

-You may not mention nor discuss post restrictions.

If you break these restrictions your night actions may fail.
You will be informed if this happens.

POWERS:
Once per night you may choose a player to investigate. Send me the name of the player you have chosen and I will send you a message telling you whether the player is Evil (anti-town) or Good (town-aligned).

ALTERNATIVELY, once during the game at night you may send a Royal Missive to any other player. This message will identify one player that you have investigated's alignment. Message me the name of the recipitent. and the name of the player you wish to describe. Note that the message will not be written by you and cannot be personalised in any way, You may only use this power once. You cannot use this power if you are dead.

You are the king, and so your death will be met with the appropriate formalities. If at any point during the game you die, the following day will be spent in mourning, and no lynches will be made.
Post edited December 14, 2011 by JoeSapphire
Congrats to the mafia

I just couldnt see orryyrro lying as that really did look like Joe'esque flavor text when orry posted it
Post edited December 14, 2011 by ViolatorX
Vitek: Cool, I was bit afraid Joe is preparing something nasty again so I kept quiet.

Baz, I think I know where you breadcrumbed but I can't figure what. Can you tell me?
Rod, you were driving me mad last day (real time). Wasn't it clear I wanted you to vote pazzer? I was quoting you and talking about sppedlynching all the time and you seemed so oblivious to it.
I think it wasn't unbalanced to extreme. It was partly and I think it's only because of Gossip role. Cop princess would be OK but need to lie was too much. Also I think people would believe Orryy more if he cliamed cop and princess together, not when under heavy scrutiny.
The princess was bit offseted by kill-less night. What exactly happened there, Joe. It caused us hard time.
Reason why my investigation failed is I was performing NK.

Also I don't understand why you were so easy to accept Rod's role. I can't see how it could be pro-town and no one even doubted this..

Town, you shoud have listen to pazzer more.

I've got more on my mind but I can't post now.
Yeah, sorry about that.
I did see it, but I was worried that you would log off (The last few days I have everyone listed as offline) & Primal would have time to unvote & I'd be dropped royally in it....!!
Finally, the mafias: Rodzaju the JOAT/diviner, xyem the restricted vanilla/deserter and Vitek the rolecop/strongarm

Rodazju's

With blood, stolen, I conjure you
elements who reside in the cradle of the heavens,
hear my summons and bind yourself to my breast.
I love for none but you,
thou, the wind that waits for me,
thou, the tide that cries for me,
thou, the fire that wrecks for me,
as I will it you shall perform.

You are the Witch (Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades/Diviner).
You're old. Older than most of the trees in the dark, damp forest where you live. Old enough to know the land before the castle was built and the Queens and Kings began to reign. You spit a curse at their souls. Who was it who divined their divine right to rule? You delivered them to their throne! The True King and Queen! You brought the land to peace.
And they scorned you. They were ashamed to look upon you. Judged you! - curse them and wreak ruin on all who were brought to share in their joy! Rightfully Mine!
The time is right for those who have been turned away, spurned, and ignored, forced to live in squalor and without warmth, without love, time for them to leave the forest and take the land for themselves.
The land will fight back of course. You've killed the Queen and made them feel touch of pain, pain that won't be recovered from. But you haven't taken over yet. This is an enchanted place. But You Can Defeat It! It might send you back to the black earth in the proceedings, after this long long life, but you will bring it all down.
Destruction. Turn it to sand. Turn it to rust.
And you'll be the Queen of the ash and the dust.

WIN CONDTITIONS: You win when any threat to mafia is eliminated and the mafia equals the town in size. Whether or not you survive.

POWERS:
AT NIGHT ONLY the mafia may convene and discourse HERE
Once per night you may EITHER:
perform the Mafia's Nightkill. Only one person can perform the nightkill per night. The person performing the kill must message me the target. You cannot use this power if you are dead.
OR you may perform one of the following, provided that you succesfully performed a nightkill the previous night.
Each of these powers can only be used once per game.
- One shot Investigate Role - message me a player's name and learn the name of that
character's role.
- One-shot Investigate Flavour - message me a player's name and recieve a breif outline of
that player's game character.
- One-shot Drain Power (Roleblock) - message me a player's name and nullify their powers
for one night.
NOTE - as you killed the Queen in the pregame, you may use one of these powers on the first night if you choose to.

Once per night you may ALSO Divine someone's fortune.
Send me the name of any target, and you will find out whether that character will have good fortune the following day, or bad fortune. A character with good fortune will be harder to lynch, a character with bad fortune will lynch more easily. The effects will only last one day.
You do not know whether the divination will have positive or negative effects (it's random!).

xyem's

The woodsman held his axe close to his chest,
this part of the forest was known for danger;
packs of mad dogs, wild boars and lions,
poisonous snakes and toads abound.
But the most chilling stories, those whose images vivid
flashed before the eyes at every crisp rustle of leaf,
were those that described that bristling beast
with cruel breath and teeth like flint shards
the size of your arm; fear overcomes hope
in the stare of the wolf.

You are the Big Bad Wolf (Mafia Vanilla).
The forest is a dangerous place. Well, not for you...
Actually largely because of you.
But it's still a difficult life, and the times when days go by without an innocent child, lost and alone, or kindly woodcutter, strayed from the beaten track, for you to gorge yourself on, and you slink, humble and pained, out of the forest towards civilisation to steal a sheep to stave off torutous death, the cry of "WOLF!" brings the wretched running with any implement they can lay their hands on, turned into a cruel weapon to chase you, ashamed and fearful, back into the
gloom and the damp.
It will never happen again. Now that the witch has taken you out of the forest, given you freedom to roam, the world, you're taking it. Your muscles itch to loose your claws, your mouth twitches, you want to sink your teeth into flesh. You're not quite free yet, still repressed, still caged. But she knows how to liberate you.
Tear the warmth from just a few more bodies, and you'll leap from this ridiculous skin you're wearing, and reveal yourself.
And you'll never go back.

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when any threat to mafia is eliminated and the mafia equals the town in size. Whether or not you survive.

POST RESTRICTIONS:

-If asked to claim you MUST claim sheep. You may not claim any
character other than sheep.
-You may not mention or discuss post restrictions.
Failure to claim sheep when asked to claim may cause mafia team's powers to fail, or return false information. You will not be informed if this happens.

-If a post of yours features the letter B followed immediately by the letter A
you must post one extra A. For example, "Big Bad Wolf" must be written,
"Big Baad Wolf". The phrase "missing husband" must be written
"missing husbaand".
Persistant failure to adhere to the restriction may result in the mafia nightkill failing. You will be informed if this happens, and the morning flavour will indicate
an outside reason for the failed kill.

POWERS: AT NIGHT ONLY the mafia may convene and discourse HERE
Once per night you may perform the Mafia's Nightkill.
Only one person can perform the nightkill per night.
The person performing the kill must message me the target.
You cannot use this power if you are dead.

Vitek's

Swish! Crack!
The sword fell upon flesh.
The bellow was enough to make the bones of any man tremble and quake.
A hand that could lift a bull swept the brave swordsman aside,
his steel fell to the stone floor, where it was crushed beneath a foot the size of a cart.
Haggardly, tortured, the man stood despite his injuries,
as he regained his wits he met the gaze of the creature advancing upon him
and his blood stilled. A moment of dread was enough to strip him of pride and he turned to run.
His scream stabbed through the night, quick and taught.
Then just the sound of crunching bones...

You are the Ugly Troll (Mafia Strongarm Rolecop).
Ho Ho Ho. Things are just getting fun. You didn't mind living in a cave so much, but you think it is much nicer to live here with all pretty gardens and nice smells.
And now that the king and queen are gone they won't send no more men on a horse to try and kill you. Men taste okay but sometimes they stab and that's not nice. Here there are horses tied up on grass! How nice. This is great. Just a few more people gotta die. Old witch tells you. She knows what to do. She says be careful! These people can do things and we don't know what they do. That's not safe. But you can work it out! Easy! Just got to look at their stuff and see what it does. Then you know what they do. Easy as anything.
Then when you kill the right people then you can sleep in your own house and have all the horses in the land! Yum.

WIN CONDITIONS: You win when any threat to mafia is eliminated and the mafia equals the town in size. Whether or not you survive.

POWERS: AT NIGHT ONLY the mafia may convene and discourse HERE
Once per night you may perform the Mafia's Nightkill, attempts made by another player to protect your target will fail if you perform the kill.
Only one person can perform the nightkill per night. The person performing the kill must message me the target.
You cannot use this power if you are dead.

ALTERNATIVELY Once per night you may choose a character to investigate. You will use your wits to determine some information about the character's role and abilities. Message me the name of the player you wish to investigate and I will detail you their characters role and outline any powers they may have.
You cannot use this power on a night when you are performing the nightkill.
Here's what went down Night One

xyem kills ViolatorX
Yellow teeth in stinking maw,
scraping claws across the floor,
spies a creature in a doorway
very old and weak.

Wolf pounce. Wolf bite.
the woman falls on cold stone,
lets out one soft low moan,
then Wolf gorge his appetite.

All so easy! The Wolf is free.
Life in the town is luxury.

ViolatorX Killed by xyem.
The embers shed the smallest amount of warmth, as you place a blanket lovingly over your sleeping friend, and softly kiss his tiny cheek goodbye.
Your mind is strong, but your body is frail. You have lived long enough, and you know in your bones that tonight is your last night. You glance at the white moon, take your shawl and step, fragilely, to your door and out into the cold night.

The beast waits there.

Its teeth are long and cruel, its claws scrape across the cobbles, it's taller than you, taller than a young man, its muscles writhe beneath its grey shaggy fur.
Its yellow eyes watch you, its red mouth twitches.

You fall like snow: your body is almost insubstantial.
You die, knowing that those who live have the strength to destroy this creature.

Vitek investigates Pazzer
Sneaky sneaky you sniff out the home of the one you look for and look in the windows.
A big flat thing. The wall has a hole in it, and in the hole is lights. There is odd still things with legs that you don't know what they are.
This is very bad. If can only mean one thing. This person is the TOWN CAT-BOTHERER.
Oh dear Oh dear. The Witch must not have known what this town could do! Cat botherer... very bad... very bad...

Rodzaju role investigates TwilightBard
Rodzaju Divines NotFrenchYet

Shadows dance in this charmed air. Come spirits who tread the space between worlds, show me what I seek.
Here I offer you life's blood. Here in this vessel where the elements writhe. Come first and show!

"The man you seek is one whose wisdom and kindness give him the strength to protect those you would wish to harm."

I love thee and dimiss thee. Come second and speak!

"The one I see shall not die this day."

I love thee and dismiss thee. Powers of the sun and the sky, the fog and the sea, the black earth, watch over me.

You have invesitgated Twilightbard, he is the DOCTOR.
You have divined NotFrenchYet, she has Good Fortune.

Orryyrro Investigates Bazilisek
Those who passed Poor Blind Tom on the street did not look at him. They hurried away, fearing the madness would possess them too.
The King was bright, and he had been unsure what to make of Bazilisek's eyes.
He stumbled about the streets, muttering to himself. Trying to make his moves seem uncontrolled, but in actuality he was moving towards the place where he had watched Bazilisek disappear to.
He peered through windows, he listened at locks, he waited all night looking for signs of evil in Bazilisek, and saw none. The house had hung a portrait of the King himself, and his Queen at his arm. It was beautifully cared for, and once or twice the King was certain he had seen Bazilisek glance at that portrait with great pain in his eyes.
No, the King was certain as only a great King can be; Bazilisek here, Bazilisek was Good.

Twilightbard protects twilightbard
Once upon a time, a man call Mikael and a man called Sven had an argument over an apple tree, each man claiming the tree as his own. Mikael was spiteful, and wanted the apples only for himself, but Sven was honest, and was happy to share the fruit.
Mikael went to his mother for a solution: "If the apple tree is on neither man's land, but both at once you can never know, for the law says what grows on your land is yours. Cut down the apple tree, and move in onto your land, my son, then the law will be on your side."
So in the night, the foolish man went out with his axe to find the tree, but he must have gotten lost! Surely it should be here!
He walked for hours round and round where the tree should stand, but nothing was there.
At last he realised what must have happened. That crafty Sven must have gone to see HIS mother, and she would have told him to cut down the tree, and take it to his land. He felt at the ground, but there was no stump. Not even a fallen apple. Sven had taken to whole tree, roots, fruits and all.

The next day, Mikael trudged across his land to argue with Sven, and what was here but the apple tree! And Sven sitting beneath it eating an apple.
"How?" Cried Mikael. "How did you manasge to make this tree disappear so completely?"
"What's that?" asked Sven. He was completely shocked at Mikael's anger. Mikael explained to him the story, and then Sven laughed. "Ah yes, my grandfather told me that when his grandfather had planted the tree, he planted it inside a ring of toadstools, which was of course where fairies dance, but he was not to know that. This tree has magic in its roots! It always has."
Well, when he heard that, Mikael was so frightened that he could never eat an apple again as long as he lived!

Bazilisek tracks Rodzaju

"Well, this guy looks like he's up to something. Who walks around the street in the middle of the night?" Bazilisek muttered to himself.
Swift as rainfall, Bazilisek was in a bush. Two bright eyes peered out through the dark green.
The dark figure of Rodzaju crept towards a house. "But, surely that's the home of Twilightbard?..." Bazilisek knew the whole town from the map that hung in his master's library.
The figure which had obscured itself behind the cottage, reappeared. It glanced furtively about, but of course it never saw Bazilisek!
But it didn't head back the way it came, instead it ducked into an alleyway and was concealed by mist. No time to think! Bazilisek was running across the gardens, as one with his environment as a stag in a glen.
Sure enough, he found the other end of the alley, and just had time to jump into a shadowy doorway, when Rodzaju emerged. Purposely the figure strode towards another home. Bazilisek closed his eyes, and tried to visualise where he had come to. He was certain the second home was the place where NotFrenchYet lived. Definitely.
When he opened his eyes, the figure was just turning back into the alleyway. He hadn't seen what Rodzaju was doing, but he painfully wanted to know.
Bazilisek slunk home, helped himself to some cold potatoes from the larder, and curled up in bed. He was trembling all over with excitement, and hardly slept a minute.

(Why did Twilightbard have a house when he was a tree? I think a few nights later I wrote that he was a tree in the palace gardens... Ah well)
If anyone wants an explanation for my "post restriction":
I could see how the role could be considered anti-town, so I wanted a way to say "It's not my fault, Joe MADE me curse you.....!
Second Night goings on

Rodzaju Kills TwilightBard
Your spirits warned you of a powerful ally to the dead King - you chuckle. How fortunate you were to have the priviledge of choking that man yourself, and see his life wrenched away by those he loved.
This night is quite jolly, you hum to yourself and shadows tremor as you pass them. You step from the forest floors to the fields on the outskirts of the town, listening to your insticts to guide you to the one that would seek to undo your creation.
You make your way in starlight to the palace gardens. All in greys and blacks, you hear a gentle lullaby drifting on the bitter night air. You follow the sound to the place under the archway.
You're wary, what will you find here? Is it possible that even now there are dangers?
On the grass there grows a tree.
A tall tree, with wide spreading branches, thick with leaves and fruit.
It's leaves whisper as it sways, and from the tree itself comes the song.
You spit and curse. That this spirit should defy you! This tree has witnessed your injustice and has no sympathy. With your knife you draw blood from your own arm and begin to incant.
"Hark you who inhabit not this world, who would, for my love, wreck, destroy and corrupt. Come to me and be charged.
Accept my blood, my gift for you. Take this life, my gift for you.
I bid you feed upon this life, take your fill."
The tree shivers and groans. Invisible demons flock to your call, spirits of the air fall from the clouds upon the hateful guardian, stripping its life away, and the tree screams.
With your knife you cut a deep strip of bark from the tortured thing. Smear your blood on its flesh, and hear the final notes of its soul wither. It is done.

Vitek Investigates LittleRabbit
More sneaking. Got to do it, better to smash things but when the witch and the wolf need you, you got to help.
I'm gonna follow this wise guy, take a look round her home, see then what she gets up to. Under trees, down little paths. Paths is a bad sign. Don't like paths.
Stick a head through the window while no-one looks, get a smell of the place.
Oh No.
Uh-oh, oh dear dear dear dear.
Very troubling. The floor is covered with a strange moss never seen by living eyes before. A terrible creature is hanging from the ceiling, it should be a spider but twitches, and whispers to itself; it doesn't like the wind.
Ah! It must be that. There is nothing else that makes sense.
This person is the TOWN RAINFLICKER.
ohhhhhhh no no no no no..... very very bad....

LittleRabbit Investigates Rodzaju
Rodzaju wonders the night street alone.
Your suspicion alerted, you give your subject the full benefit of your penetrating stare:
this person seems unused to physical labour, though they do not live without struggle, that much is clear.
You make a number of assumptions, and gather your nerves to test them. As she passes by your hiding place - tucked beneath the wheel of a fine carriage outside your mistress's home - you dart your nimble fingers into the clothing, and take hold of something.
Rodzaju passes by without seeing you. Unaware of anything out of the ordinary. You hold your breath until she vanishes down the end of the street, and then relief washes over you in a barely suppressed sob.
A few minutes pass before you bare to look at what's in your hand; a carefully carved wooden wand, complex unknown patterns and sigils burned into it.
Your assumptions are verified. Rodzaju is a magic user.

TwilightBard protects Bazilisek (killed by Rodzaju)
When night settles into the garden, and all is at peace, you set up your song.
"Hither, hither sweet child, here hark,
I fear for your life, out there in the dark.
Come to me, we'll be safe you and I,
asleep in the place where the leaves brush the sky."

One comes here, out of the night fog - as she approaches you realise this is not the innocent child.

The withered figure stands before you, her ancient eyes see through you, and you comprehend the danger you are in. Evil has discovered you, and you can do nothing.
The Witch begins her wicked intonations,
"Hark you who inhabit not this world, who would, for my love, wreck, destroy and corrupt. Come to me and be charged.
Accept my blood, my gift for you. Take this life, my gift for you."
You feel them - terrible spirits falling upon you from the dark night, feasting upon your very soul. The pain strikes you through.
"Oh help! Oh please - they'll murder me! I'm dying!"
But you're alone, no-one can hear your desperate cry. The Witch has cut into your flesh and anoints you with her life's blood which burns into you. Wretched, tormented and alone, before you have time to comprehend your plight, you die.

You have been killed by Rodzaju.

Pazzer protects Bazilisek
Right. It's time. You've found someone you can trust and you're horribly aware of the danger they're in. It's time to work magic.
You use your sense of drama to tell you where to be - standing and waiting in the shadows of an alleyway you catch Bazilisek as he passes by.
"You there lad!"
You launch into your course. You're so practised your words are almost hypnotic, when you pull the little stoppered crystal vial from your shirts the boy is almost clutching for it. You think to yourself, as he drains the fragrant liquid down, that it's lucky you aren't one of those evildoers - how easily this boy could be drinking some horrible poison... well. He's finished, time to vanish into the night in a suitably mysterious fashion.
You're confident that this boy will be safe for tonight, here's hoping he has the willpower to deal with what ever the night might bring him.
Post edited December 15, 2011 by JoeSapphire
The shinnanegans of the third night

Rodzaju Divines Pazzer, Blocks LittleRabbit
Thou ancient dead, passed beyond this world and seen the storms beyond, return now to thy mortal remains here, annointed with the ritual of murder, and take comfort once more in the world you left behind. I pray thee grace, and bid thee see what I cannot and tell me of this man's life to come.
"I have seen that which has not yet been. I know that this man has happiness in his future."
I thank thee, thou mayst return.

Girl who would oppose me, feel my wrath. You may seek to bring my ruin, but as I speak your strength leaves you. You cannot lift your body from the earth, so weak have you become.

You have roleblocked LittleRabbit. You have divined Pazzer, he has Good Fortune.

Xyem Kills Bazilisek
Begin the evening with a long low howl,
then sniffing and searching - the wolf's on the prowl.
Sculking, slinking,
pausing, thinking,
seeking, finding,
pouncing, blinding,
tear at the face then let it escape.
The boy tries to run, but his legs are unable.
The strength of the wolf is more than he's able.
Again the wolf strikes - a world-shattering strike,
the boy goes forth leading all of his like.

Vitek Investigates SirPrimalform
Hark at this funny man. What's he hiding? Look at where he sleeps! What's all this here?
Oh.
Oh dear oh dear.
Oh very troubling.
Can tell in an instant, just taking a little look at how this water falls down the wall flat and still. It scares me.
Yes. Seen one of these before. This man is the TOWN CHESSBOARD.

Bazilisek Investigates anyone.
Right. We've got to get something done. Each day has only brought new tragedy and pushed the people further toward helplessness - but we are not helpless. We can be strong!
Heading out into the night you pace swiftly in the direction you saw SirPrimalform dissappear to the night before. You're convinced that man is up to something now. You slip down a shortcut; shadows and fog between two stone houses, and emerge in a garden overlooking fields and in the distance the dark forest. Return to the roads, scour the streets for any figure. You dart up a cobbled alley and press youself against a wall where the path splits five ways. You peer down each path, the mist is thicker here and the darkness yeilds little, but you're quite certain there is no-one on these roads. You make to turn onwards- "Baa" Out of the night you are struck by a terrific mass- you're spun round by the sheer force of the blow, which caught your face, and the world makes no sense. You don't know where the sky is and which way is the ground. Panicking you make is onto your feet, clutching at your eyes. You just manage to realise that you can't see, and then the pain comes - sharp and full and screaming, consuming all the space where the world once sat.
But through the pain your instinct bellows at you of danger - the beast is close, and it will kill you. You're running.
You're running charging stumbling shrieking because you don't know where you're going and you don't know who can help you and you can't see the creature you're running from which at any moment will strike again from the featureless unknown and you will die.

You have been killed by xyem.
Documented here, the doings of Night the Fourth

LittleRabbit Theives Xyem
You notice it as you overtake xyem on the path, heading home. Stuck to his side, what is it?
With shuddering breath you fall into step with xyem, aware of the possibility that he is a murderer. Without missing a step you dart out a hand and pluck the thing - it bites your palm, but you keep your cool, and continue walking the narrow road, not speeding up until you've turned two corners, then running until you get to your own doorway, and fall to your knees gasping.
You open your hand, bloody where the object has pierced your skin. You stare at the object, and consider deeply its significance.
You hold a twisted, dried thorny vine.
xyem is Wild.

Rodzaju Divines SirPrimalform (Fail)
You who hide among the dappled floor, sleeping in the rot and the dank. I bid you, come to me.
Thou amongst you, who sees where a fledgeling will fall to earth an ancient eagle, and which acorns the tallest oaks are to become, speak, a bid thee, on what the sun will see of this man.
"I cannot say, though it be to my own will. My tongue is bound, by what I know not. I fear this night, more malevolence than thou, mistress, is abroad. Let me be! Dismiss me."

You have divined Liam, results unknown.

Vitek Kills Pazzer (Fail)
AHA. OHO. This is good. This is what the Troll is good at doing.
Spied with my little eye a bad man, thinks he's clever.
Witch thinks he gotta die.
He's gonna die bad. Club in my hand, follow him.
Into the big garden, dark here, just that moon.
Shadows over there. That archway.
He's up here. But who's this? What is that joker?
Mister Big Bad Wolf.
Running around without his clothes on.
Can I believe this?
The Witch would get really angry if she saw this.
But still a bit of murder to do. In the archway I see the shadow of the man.
Smash his head in. Ha ha ha.
That was fun.
No time to like it. Gotta get that Bad Dog. Take him back home. Tell the Witch what you saw.

Xyem Interrupts Vitek
The Wolf runs wild on the wet night grass!
Out in the cold in his own skin at last.
Snarls and spittle, what more could you ask?

Unhappy Troll beats Wolf on the nose.
"BAD DOG"
"BAD DOG"
"BAD DOG"

You have failed to comply with your post restriction. The nightkill has failed.

SirPrimalform Dreams
At night you sleep uneasily.
The deaths of your friends
linger in the shadows
dancing on the ends of your bedposts.

Over again you wake in sweat,
yet feeling glad
it wasn't you
beneath
the
wa
ter
Post edited December 15, 2011 by JoeSapphire
Wait, so not only did Rodzaju had 2 sets of powers, he could use both each night? <.<
TwilightBard: Wait, so not only did Rodzaju had 2 sets of powers, he could use both each night? <.<
Wait yeah... I hadn't spotted that. Evil!
How did Xyem not comply with his post restriction and didn't he fail with it day 1.
And here I was thinking I hid it in a perfectly obvious place: my first post of day 2 (#303), three paragraphs, first letters of each sentence:

ROD TWI NFY

As another clue, you could have noticed the last paragraph is almost completely devoid of information; I try not to do that in regular play.

Combined with Rodzaju's extremely blatant dropping of "Doc" in his first post of day two and Twilight's death on night two, this can only lead to one conclusion. And Rod, inventing that post restriction to hide this was brilliant. Not believable in the least, but clever.

EDIT: Also, who's Liam?
Post edited December 15, 2011 by bazilisek
Good job mafia.

Well, I guess the game might have run a little smoother if the cop role hadn't come under fire so incredibly early... (Also if my mason buddy hadn't been killed first night..! :C )

I'm probably being stupid again, but why is Rod's saying "Doc" in #255 such a scumtell...?

Nice crumbing, Baz, but I think even if I had figured out the letters I wouldn't have known what you meant..!