It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TwilightBard: I'm...actually both depressed and dismayed that Vitek was never really pushed at for his claim that really sounded like a scumclaim. I mean, I'm glad the town won in the end, but at the same

As far as me being a replacement, I was asked, but it was my family weekend and honestly, at that point if I had joined, I would have just dropped Game 11...and decided to stay out for the sake of not giving Damnation another person to try to replace.
Yeah, it was mistake. I realised it soon after posting. I should have push for mass-claim instead nad get boct claim before me to ensure nothing bad happens.
GameRager: @Vitek: I would have posted more in the past, but I was either busy with IRL business(Part of this was/is due to my mental problems.) or had mental issues/difficulties which led to me not being able to do much besides the basic day-day necessities. For that, I am sorry.
Vitek: Yeah I understand that, but anyway it hinders your game. And if you know you will be away you should say so in advance.
But it is much more understandable than the people that are just disinterested and don't try at all until they completely disappear.
Heck, I wish I knew beforehand when i'd need to be away(or at least more than I do currently), but I never seem to be that lucky IRL.

If I DO happen to play another game in the future,though, I will try my hardest to be more active.......you have my word. :)
IronStar: Just wanted to ask Joe, those few post where you got scum points, were they there intentionally to see what happens next or...?
I don't know what was really scummy about them.
I was maybe being a bit obnoxious intentionally, for to put some energy into the game.
And perhaps I was being brash. But over-caution can create real bad atmosphere in a mafia game.

HOWSABOUT THIS FOR A THEORY
Townies hark!
Playing recklessly may seem harmful to town, but mafia tend to have the easiest time if they can lie low.
If all town are being boistrous and quick with their votes then mafia must as well in order to stand out.
And a boistrous mafia player's actions are much easier to read into when they get lynched.
OKAY I LOST FAITH IN THAT THEORY HALFWAY THROUGH but judge it as you will
nmillar: Yeah, that was kind of borne out of frustration - both my scum buddies were absent for long periods of the game. :/
JoeSapphire: Well yeah I can see how this game might have been a lot less than fun for you.
Sorry for picking on your bandwagon at the end there. It was pretty much pure luck that I struck true. (But I like to think that it was the natural authority I command that convinced Gamerager to leap right on beside me)
Authority? Har har.....to be honest I voted for the individual(NMillar) on my list of possible scum that seemed to have the best chance to be lynched. ViolatorX didn't seem to be likely lynch at the time, so I switched to NMillar.

You DID call NMillar out good and proper, though, after he claimed a PR....and if I hadn't jumped on when I did i'd most likely have done so after you/Vitek tore NMillar's claim to pieces(If that's any consolation.).
GameRager: This post irked me to no end. You didn't like how the game was setup/going, so you opted to lose the game for your side rather than at least try to win(Probably not possible due to how the vote was going/Vitek's claim, but still......)? Well that sucks.
Vitek: He knew there was no chance to win this. If he managed to get me lynched he would die next day anyway and there was no reaon to prolong it, so I wouldn't hold it against him.
That's IF he/someone else managed to get you voted for/lynched.......I see nothing that leads me to believe he would've been able to turn it around THAT much if he had tried(gotten off being lynched AND gotten many of us to vote for you.).

As such, I think he could/should have at least tried to turn the game around in his favor. But he didn't, sadly.
Post edited July 10, 2012 by GameRager
TwilightBard: I'm...actually both depressed and dismayed that Vitek was never really pushed at for his claim that really sounded like a scumclaim. I mean, I'm glad the town won in the end, but at the same

As far as me being a replacement, I was asked, but it was my family weekend and honestly, at that point if I had joined, I would have just dropped Game 11...and decided to stay out for the sake of not giving Damnation another person to try to replace.
It didn't really matter. If he lied, and we lynched wrong guy, he would die very next day as we have enough room to gamble - 6 people left alive. -2 would mean 4 left, and they would lynch Vitek on sight if he lied.

IronStar: It didn't really matter. If he lied, and we lynched wrong guy, he would die very next day as we have enough room to gamble - 6 people left alive. -2 would mean 4 left, and they would lynch Vitek on sight if he lied.
To me it does though. While he admits it was a mistake, at the time no one should have had any reason to doubt the slip (remember, this isn't the cop claim he made just now, this was the mafia claim he made a gameday or two ago). EVERYONE except Joe managed to make an excuse about it how he couldn't have been right.
IronStar: It didn't really matter. If he lied, and we lynched wrong guy, he would die very next day as we have enough room to gamble - 6 people left alive. -2 would mean 4 left, and they would lynch Vitek on sight if he lied.
TwilightBard: To me it does though. While he admits it was a mistake, at the time no one should have had any reason to doubt the slip (remember, this isn't the cop claim he made just now, this was the mafia claim he made a gameday or two ago). EVERYONE except Joe managed to make an excuse about it how he couldn't have been right.
I'm not entirely sure what exactly are you talking about.
Post edited July 10, 2012 by IronStar
TwilightBard: To me it does though. While he admits it was a mistake, at the time no one should have had any reason to doubt the slip (remember, this isn't the cop claim he made just now, this was the mafia claim he made a gameday or two ago). EVERYONE except Joe managed to make an excuse about it how he couldn't have been right.
Wait. You were speaking about my mafia claim? Wjy do you think people should push me for it?
Vitek: Wait. You were speaking about my mafia claim? Wjy do you think people should push me for it?
Because one can't go about a game of mafia CLAIMING MAFIA.

There are principles. I would still have you lynched on principle.
JoeSapphire: Because one can't go about a game of mafia CLAIMING MAFIA.

Apparently, one can. :-)

And principle lynches are bad. Admit it, you just want ot lynch me all the time nad this would be good pretense.

I'd consider it null-tell or idiot-tell, perhaps, because you can't reallly use it to find someone's alignment.
Vitek: And principle lynches are bad. Admit it, you just want ot lynch me all the time nad this would be good pretense.
Have you ever been lynched? I can't recall
JoeSapphire: Because one can't go about a game of mafia CLAIMING MAFIA.

Vitek: Apparently, one can. :-)

And principle lynches are bad. Admit it, you just want ot lynch me all the time nad this would be good pretense.

I'd consider it null-tell or idiot-tell, perhaps, because you can't reallly use it to find someone's alignment.
The problem is, it's a catch-22. You claimed mafia. If you're being truthful, you're Scum. If you weren't...then it's hard to trust your comments and other claims you could have made (I probably would have been pushing this had I joined in though <.<)
Vitek: Apparently, one can. :-)

TwilightBard: The problem is, it's a catch-22. You claimed mafia. If you're being truthful, you're Scum. If you weren't...then it's hard to trust your comments and other claims you could have made (I probably would have been pushing this had I joined in though <.<)
That is something like Crocodile dilemma .
JoeSapphire: Have you ever been lynched? I can't recall
Not here.

TwilightBard: The problem is, it's a catch-22. You claimed mafia. If you're being truthful, you're Scum. If you weren't...then it's hard to trust your comments and other claims you could have made (I probably would have been pushing this had I joined in though <.<)
There is difference in claiming mafia and claiming mafia my way. The way I did it, with asking cop to tell me who he is, is hard to take seriously and I think, that's the main reason why people ignored it.
If you'd have trouble believeing me after such claim then you have trust issues. :-D
I admit it was unnecessary and dumb to do, but I play for fun and I was bored at that time and, as I was fairly confident it won't hurt me or game, I did it.
Vitek: You, mister Yay, should have replaced when replacement was needed. You signed up as replacement after all.
I don't really know, Baz opted for a mod kill instead. Baz did ask me to replace someone at one point (Boct I think judging by the timing), but then since he came back I was told I wasn't needed. :'(

I can't believe Boct bussed nmillar and then self hammered like that... Either don't bus your buddy or try and use the fact that you bussed him to your advantage!
He could have tried to use the fact that you weren't on the nmillar wagon to throw suspicion onto you or something at least.
Vitek: Do you realise 2 players were modkilled for inactivity right before you joined us?
I wasn't asked to replace either of them. =(
Post edited July 11, 2012 by SirPrimalform