It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon:
If you're still interested in playing, check out the next game. :)
Getting back to the game, I do have what I consider to be a pretty big question to ask NFY. What do you think the town has to gain by having Stoic reveal all of the information he has?
TwilightBard: Getting back to the game, I do have what I consider to be a pretty big question to ask NFY. What do you think the town has to gain by having Stoic reveal all of the information he has?
If I gave you my name, isn't it possible you could match it against your names to verify that it's a town name?
TwilightBard: Getting back to the game, I do have what I consider to be a pretty big question to ask NFY. What do you think the town has to gain by having Stoic reveal all of the information he has?
Mostly because it was unprovoked, and as such should be (I think) yanked out into the open and scrutinised. Cat out of the bag and all that. This way town at least is on the same page as the mafia, if he's telling the truth. Having partial claims floating around certainly doesn't help town, if anything it's the reverse, considering we have no idea if the mafia have some sort of cop or not..

I find Primal and Baz's pattern argument pretty weak. Since the most important information is the role itself, and that's already been outed, having the accompanying flavour would help us decide if this is something worth persuing. We need to get our teeth into this setup, and this is promising looking opening.

I take your point about it potentially turning him into a mislynch target later Bard (it's a much better reason than patterning), but that assumes he's town...

Incidentally, it's interesting that stoic seems to think there are town names and mafia names...
NotFrenchYet: Incidentally, it's interesting that stoic seems to think there are town names and mafia names...
LOL. I have a feeling that's some kind of accusation once again. You need to get over yourself. There's only one reason why I would reveal my name and instrument: the hope that there's some sort of pattern which town can verify. Otherwise what would be the point of this exercise?
NotFrenchYet: Mostly because it was unprovoked, and as such should be (I think) yanked out into the open and scrutinised. Cat out of the bag and all that. This way town at least is on the same page as the mafia, if he's telling the truth. Having partial claims floating around certainly doesn't help town, if anything it's the reverse, considering we have no idea if the mafia have some sort of cop or not..
So, we scrutinize it, but I'm curious what we have to GAIN by pulling out the full information. Another name? The people with the best chance of making use of the information immediately is the Mafia. This is what I need to be convinced of, that there's some use.

As far as what I said assumes he's town...I'm looking at it this way. If he's lying, then if anyone catches him moving around at night, he's dead, a cop can still catch him, and say, the doctor depending on the flavour they get can hint that he was out and about instead of doing nothing. My only assumption is that Mafia wouldn't claim a role that would leave them unable to move at night. Just because the Watcher's dead doesn't mean there aren't other ways of someone finding out that he went out to do something.
NotFrenchYet: I find Primal and Baz's pattern argument pretty weak. Since the most important information is the role itself, and that's already been outed, having the accompanying flavour would help us decide if this is something worth persuing. We need to get our teeth into this setup, and this is promising looking opening.
In terms of patterns, no the role isn't the most important piece of information. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the least important piece of information in this sense. From a patterny point of view, all his role tells the mafia is that there are vanilla townies in the game. Name and instrument however would give the mafia an extra thing to check their falseclaims against.
Ok, here's the problem:

as of the Monday following week, I'm going away for 3 weeks without any definite access to a computer. So I will either need replaced, or I you'll have to deal with me "lurking."
TwilightBard: So, we scrutinize it, but I'm curious what we have to GAIN by pulling out the full information. Another name? The people with the best chance of making use of the information immediately is the Mafia. This is what I need to be convinced of, that there's some use.
Agreed. The claim will obviously be town, but we won't be sure of the validity of the claim. Assuming however, that he does tell the truth and lets his role be known, then yeah the town might be able to use the information to their advantage, but depending on the role it could also paint a bulls-eye over him for the mafia to take him out in the middle of the night, thus accomplishing nothing but lose a power role.

I mean, there COULD be some advantages for the town if everything works out, but the risk is too great I think.
Ok, I don't want to write this, but I'm going to beg and plead for a minute here. Guys, we need more activity. There are only a few of us reliably posting, and to be honest that's not cutting it. Some of our active people are surprisingly inactive, and it leaves us with a problem for getting this game going.

I'd rather lose an interesting game then win a dull one. There's just, there's no chance that this is going to be fun, or this is going to keep people interested unless all parties are in play. I'm just confused why so few people are involved right now.
TwilightBard: Ok, I don't want to write this, but I'm going to beg and plead for a minute here. Guys, we need more activity. There are only a few of us reliably posting, and to be honest that's not cutting it. Some of our active people are surprisingly inactive, and it leaves us with a problem for getting this game going.

I'd rather lose an interesting game then win a dull one. There's just, there's no chance that this is going to be fun, or this is going to keep people interested unless all parties are in play. I'm just confused why so few people are involved right now.
I knew patience would pay off.
Currently, the game is dull as hell.
Currently, it is looking like a shoe in for a scum win as it is all looking like there is no consensus, resulting in random lynching / modkills.

So you don't want to win a dull game?
Sounds a lot like a scum slip to me.

Unvote whoever I was voting for; Vote Twilightbard
Rodzaju: I knew patience would pay off.
Currently, the game is dull as hell.
Currently, it is looking like a shoe in for a scum win as it is all looking like there is no consensus, resulting in random lynching / modkills.

So you don't want to win a dull game?

Unvote whoever I was voting for; Vote Twilightbard
So the lurker jumps on the first person to suggest more people play? And I wonder why I've almost requested replacement a few times out of boredom...Whatever, it's really not worth arguing about.
Rodzaju: So you don't want to win a dull game?
In the interests of fairness, I should point out that I myself said almost the exact same thing quite some time ago, and so did SirPrimalform.
Rodzaju: So you don't want to win a dull game?
bazilisek: In the interests of fairness, I should point out that I myself said almost the exact same thing quite some time ago, and so did SirPrimalform.
Yeah I agree the game's going slowly, and it's definitely not the first time somebody's suggested the pace to be picked up. I don't think his comment of winning a dull game is anything suspicious - it's just a phrase... Rod, I think you're looking way too much into it. I don't know if you are being driven mad by this game or what Rod, but I don't think you're truly being patient - you jumped on the NFY bandwagon just a few days earlier and were even ready to give up on the game not that long ago!

And I forget, is it you (Rod) who has 2 votes?
bazilisek: In the interests of fairness, I should point out that I myself said almost the exact same thing quite some time ago, and so did SirPrimalform.
GoJays2025: Yeah I agree the game's going slowly, and it's definitely not the first time somebody's suggested the pace to be picked up. I don't think his comment of winning a dull game is anything suspicious - it's just a phrase... Rod, I think you're looking way too much into it. I don't know if you are being driven mad by this game or what Rod, but I don't think you're truly being patient - you jumped on the NFY bandwagon just a few days earlier and were even ready to give up on the game not that long ago!

And I forget, is it you (Rod) who has 2 votes?
Yes, I have 2 votes.
Yes I struggle with patience....