It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just in case you hadn't noticed, Chessmaster 9000 has recently disappeared from GOG's catalogue!

I only noticed it because I happened to note that the number of GOG games (as listed on the home page) had dropped from 441 to 440 and then scanned the list to identify which had been removed.

What's even more worrying is that I can no longer download the game (I get a "504 - Gateway Timeout"); can still download the bonuses (manual and key list), though. I have a backup, of course, but still wondering what happened...
Well spotted. Strange omission from the catalogue.
This deserve an explanation.
Chessmaster recently disappeared unceremoniously from the Steam catalogue as well. I still have it in my games list, but clicking on "View Store Page" brings me to the Storefront home page, and I can't find it. I suspect Ubisoft have lost the rights to it.

This is not the first time that GOG has pulled downloads by the way - presumably accidentally - but they've always fixed it when the error of their ways has been pointed out to them.
Post edited August 26, 2012 by jamyskis
mrkgnao: Just in case you hadn't noticed, Chessmaster 9000 has recently disappeared from GOG's catalogue!

I only noticed it because I happened to note that the number of GOG games (as listed on the home page) had dropped from 441 to 440 and then scanned the list to identify which had been removed.

What's even more worrying is that I can no longer download the game (I get a "504 - Gateway Timeout"); can still download the bonuses (manual and key list), though. I have a backup, of course, but still wondering what happened...
It's on my list of games I've bought but not yet downloaded, just tried (using GOG downloader), it spazzed out and told me to use a contact form. wtf?

Edit: I should add I'm not in any massive hurry to play it, I have other chess games, but it's a bit startling. I've only downloaded a fraction of the games I've bought here, maybe I need to start downloading them and making backups.
Post edited August 26, 2012 by MonstaMunch
Not liking this at all, GOG always used to inform us when something was about to disappear. Well, for the first few disappearances, anyway.
mrkgnao: Just in case you hadn't noticed, Chessmaster 9000 has recently disappeared from GOG's catalogue!

MonstaMunch: It's on my list of games I've bought but not yet downloaded, just tried (using GOG downloader), it spazzed out and told me to use a contact form. wtf?

Edit: I should add I'm not in any massive hurry to play it, I have other chess games, but it's a bit startling. I've only downloaded a fraction of the games I've bought here, maybe I need to start downloading them and making backups.
Even when games have been pulled from GOG they've always, to my understanding, kept the download links for previous buyers. Try the HTTP link instead of the downloader. That contact you got is probably what you would get if anything seriously "wrong" happened while trying to download a game, after all GOG is in the business of getting you your games reliably and they do want to know when something goes tits up.

MonstaMunch: It's on my list of games I've bought but not yet downloaded, just tried (using GOG downloader), it spazzed out and told me to use a contact form. wtf?

You should.

For example, if you bought Atlantis 1 or 2 before early 2012 and haven't downloaded the soundtracks -- they're gone....
mrkgnao: What's even more worrying is that I can no longer download the game (I get a "504 - Gateway Timeout");
Just tried with the downloader and it's still working (I am at 106MB out of 1.09GB)

orcishgamer: Even when games have been pulled from GOG they've always, to my understanding, kept the download links for previous buyers. Try the HTTP link instead of the downloader. That contact you got is probably what you would get if anything seriously "wrong" happened while trying to download a game, after all GOG is in the business of getting you your games reliably and they do want to know when something goes tits up.
I tried the HTTP and got a "504 - Gateway Timeout"
Ouch. Bad PR, really bad PR.

I understand they had to remove it, but no warning? That's not quality of support I was used to in GOG

btw. it's ubisoft game, isn't it? So why remove?
Post edited August 26, 2012 by keeveek
mrkgnao: What's even more worrying is that I can no longer download the game (I get a "504 - Gateway Timeout");
Gersen: Just tried with the downloader and it's still working (I am at 106MB out of 1.09GB)
I'm not worrying. I'm sure GOG will sort things out. Probably.
mrkgnao: For example, if you bought Atlantis 1 or 2 before early 2012 and haven't downloaded the soundtracks -- they're gone....
Damn. Now i want the Atlantis soundtrack :(
orcishgamer: Even when games have been pulled from GOG they've always, to my understanding, kept the download links for previous buyers. Try the HTTP link instead of the downloader. That contact you got is probably what you would get if anything seriously "wrong" happened while trying to download a game, after all GOG is in the business of getting you your games reliably and they do want to know when something goes tits up.
mrkgnao: I tried the HTTP and got a "504 - Gateway Timeout"
I just tried it, it fetched the correct file size, but didn't get any data. I guess it would have timed out eventually, but it's late and I'm off to bed. I trust this will be sorted out in due time.
MonstaMunch: I just tried it, it fetched the correct file size, but didn't get any data. I guess it would have timed out eventually, but it's late and I'm off to bed. I trust this will be sorted out in due time.
Just finished the download of both the game and the bonus with the downloader; did you try with it or with the website ?