It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

[url=http://www.saviors-of-queens.com" target="blank][/url]CD Projekt RED, GOG's sister company and the development studio of the acclaimed The Witcher franchise, has just announced their new game - THE BARD: Saviors of Queens. The adventure is supposed to revolve around an undisclosed poet whose name is yet to be determined.

Following recent video game trends the title will offer a very short and linear story. Almost no gameplay whatsoever and twenty launch DLCs, including a special pink banjo (normally obtainable by finishing a game) and a unicorn mount, will have you stuck in front of your computer screen for minutes. Check out the announcement trailer below and visit [url=http://www.saviors-of-queens.com" target="blank]http://www.saviors-of-queens.com[/url] for even less details.
Lol, very funny.

Actually, a game like that would be nice, if it had gameplay, a nice long branching story, and a world to explore. Even the Unicorn mount would be cool, if you could use it's horn to make enemies into shish-kabobs. Just no "mandolin fighting style". No self respecting bard would treat his instrument like that. It could break, and then he'd be outta work!
starduke: Just no "mandolin fighting style". No self respecting bard would treat his instrument like that. It could break, and then he'd be outta work!
I'm sure he's got a near-endless supply in his backpack. That's one of the first things you learn at the *80s Hair Band Dojo*, the discount choice for all aspiring mandolinists.
Ha ha ha! You should actually make this. Seriously!
I, too, would buy this. But only if I could play a bagpipe-playing dwarf bard.
Post edited April 03, 2011 by Oghier
There needs to be an easter egg in Witcher 2 related to this. Mebbe a pink banjo tossed in a corner of a bedroom somewhere.
lol , a game about dandelion :)
Ideal DLC for The Witcher 2. No kidding - developers just must do it )
Where is my preorder button? lol.
MaceyNeil: For april 1st you tried a little too hard, you could of really had people going in the belief of a new 'bard's tale', but yeah... fail.
MaceyNeil: April fools is not about being cruel nor technically about being 'funny' it's about showing what gullible fools human beings are.
How you do that is by intricately misdirecting and misleading people subtly so they jump to conclusions that are false that for example they might try to pass off onto others as truth.
Without this necessary quality it becomes a moot point whether it's an April fools day joke or not.
People must trip up on their 'fact', to hence experience the humiliation associated with realizing they were so easily mislead and thus be humbled by the joke.
For explaining april fools you tried a little too hard. You could have had people believing you had a valid point, but yeah... fail.

April fools is not a day for elitism or any one narrow definition of what a joke is.
While I share your enthusiasm for more subtle, believable pranks, it really is just
all about good humoured trickery, no matter what flavour! One should at least be able to appreciate the effort they put in!
Post edited April 03, 2011 by Isamael
Even though it looked silly whacking things with a banjo, even though the character models were terrible (seriously), even though I knew it was fake ... I still got into the trailer.

The character of the bard actually started to draw me in. He wasn't a complete a$$#0!e like a certain other bard I'm sure we all know. He was likable due to his excellent voice acting and his disposition. Sure we only got a small teaser but I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to see his world from his point of view.

It is really a disappointment that this is a fake. I really hope CD Projekt see the reaction and decide to develop this game. They already have a bunch of assets and an excellent engine from "The Witcher 2", so that will certainly make development a lot cheaper and quicker. With the excitement already expressed, it seems a bit of a no-brainer. Not to say that I expect it to ever happen.
Make it happen, GOG! Make it happen!
MadTinkerer: Not because I want to play a silly Mandolin Fighting Style game or a "fantasy" game where bards kill dragons by stuffing grenades in undisclosed orifices. No!
Well *I* want to play a mandolin fighting game :(
♪ Beer, Beer, Beer, tiddly beer, beer, beer ♫
YES!!!!!!!!

This actually makes me even more excited for the Witcher 2. The more I see that game engine in motion the more I wanna play that game...

CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.
PLEASE tell me it features single button game play with Morse code input!! My mouse is currently broken and I can't afford to replace it :(
Can you please make an easter egg in the real game that lets you swap skins between the witcher and Dandelion and play the entire game as the bard with all the swords looking like Mandolins?

That'd be sweet.