It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Recently Avast Antivirus is detecting that many GOG uninstall files have malware in them "Win32:Malware-gen". Avast says the severity is high. The infected files are "unins000.exe" files which belong to various GOG games such as Alien Shooter 2, Anachronox, Carmageddon and many others. Is there a problem with these files? How can this be fixed?
False positive
IronArcturus: Recently Avast Antivirus is detecting that many GOG uninstall files have malware in them "Win32:Malware-gen". Avast says the severity is high. The infected files are "unins000.exe" files which belong to various GOG games such as Alien Shooter 2, Anachronox, Carmageddon and many others. Is there a problem with these files? How can this be fixed?
It most likely a false positive so its probably best to ignore it , but in case you do feel paranoid then check the file with Virus Total.
reaver894: False positive
The very reason why I stopped using Avast! was because of the constant false positives it gave.
reaver894: False positive
Kabuto: The very reason why I stopped using Avast! was because of the constant false positives it gave.
What current anti-virus do you use now then?
Kabuto: The very reason why I stopped using Avast! was because of the constant false positives it gave.
RevolutionSphere: What current anti-virus do you use now then?
I use MSE, not had any issue's
Put your game folder or your whole non-system drive to exceptions list. (depends where you keep em)
Post edited March 02, 2014 by nadenitza
reaver894: I use MSE, not had any issue's
Ah right , I'm not so keen on MSE but I guess all about personal preference.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by RevolutionSphere
And the whole "we flagged a file, send it to us so we can unlock it" bit that cost me a few documents. Never get software that doesn't let you have the final word.
IronArcturus: Recently Avast Antivirus is detecting that many GOG uninstall files have malware in them "Win32:Malware-gen". Avast says the severity is high. The infected files are "unins000.exe" files which belong to various GOG games such as Alien Shooter 2, Anachronox, Carmageddon and many others. Is there a problem with these files? How can this be fixed?
RevolutionSphere: It most likely a false positive so its probably best to ignore it , but in case you do feel paranoid then check the file with Virus Total.
I checked the file at virustotal.com and says the file is fine. So it must be a false positive. It's just really odd that these detections came out of nowhere like that.
RevolutionSphere: It most likely a false positive so its probably best to ignore it , but in case you do feel paranoid then check the file with Virus Total.
IronArcturus: I checked the file at virustotal.com and says the file is fine. So it must be a false positive. It's just really odd that these detections came out of nowhere like that.
It happens sometimes, When in doubt double check. Which you did :-D
IronArcturus: I checked the file at virustotal.com and says the file is fine. So it must be a false positive. It's just really odd that these detections came out of nowhere like that.
I had feeling that it would be false positive. You should be fine now anyway
Post edited March 02, 2014 by RevolutionSphere
Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). Been using it for several years without any real issues.
MaximumBunny: And the whole "we flagged a file, send it to us so we can unlock it" bit that cost me a few documents. Never get software that doesn't let you have the final word.
Luckily never ran into that scenario. I would have been livid.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by Kabuto
My AVG never finds anything either, then again it's the free version.
I uninstall avast whenever I find it, it's garbage. AVG is a good alternative with free ones, nod32 and kaspersky with paid ones.