It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LeoLR: Cat? I honestly thought innocuos77's avatar was an owl...
HypersomniacLive: Haha, you're a cat with a bird avatar, and innocuous 77 is a bird with a cat avatar? ↁ_ↁ
I think that's the first lick of sense anyone has made on this thread. I'm gonna go lick my wings...:)
Downloading Halfway yet Crow?
LeoLR: Cat? I honestly thought innocuos77's avatar was an owl...
moonshineshadow: I also agree to the owl theory :P
I also thought it was an owl. So add another believer to the owl theory :P
All right, it only took 3 days after learning of the possibility, but I now have Halfway.
moonshineshadow: Any opinions on the Populous games? They are not on my secret santa wishlist, so I could buy them :D
HypersomniacLive: Haven't played any of them, but the mere fact they're not on your Secret Santa wishlist is reason enough, I"d say. ;-P
Yeah I know :D But I am not that sure if I will like them, so I was hoping someone would tell me they are really good :P
HeDanny: Downloading Halfway yet Crow?
As we speak. ;)
moonshineshadow: Any opinions on the Populous games? They are not on my secret santa wishlist, so I could buy them :D
I recommend them, if you like the idea of somewhat indirect control over the struggle of your people. Basically you win by reshaping the world to benefit them, while inflicting wrath upon their enemies. It takes a combination of clever thinking and careful management of your power, plus the ability to respond to changes your enemy makes.

Reprisal is very much in the same mold, basically a Populous tribute. I've had Reus for ages but still haven't gotten around to playing it.
IAmSinistar: I recommend them, if you like the idea of somewhat indirect control over the struggle of your people. Basically you win by reshaping the world to benefit them, while inflicting wrath upon their enemies. It takes a combination of clever thinking and careful management of your power, plus the ability to respond to changes your enemy makes.

Reprisal is very much in the same mold, basically a Populous tribute. I've had Reus for ages but still haven't gotten around to playing it.
ok, I played Reus and I think it is a fun game. So the Populous games could be interesting for me as well :-)
Stilton: Okay, I've got a club or an axe, which'll it be? For the kitty, I mean...
innocuous77: He's evil - I think only a +2 axe can damage him. And then, he only purrs and wonders why his food dish is empty...
See anything that looks good? =)
IAmSinistar: I recommend them, if you like the idea of somewhat indirect control over the struggle of your people. Basically you win by reshaping the world to benefit them, while inflicting wrath upon their enemies. It takes a combination of clever thinking and careful management of your power, plus the ability to respond to changes your enemy makes.

Maybe I woke up in a bitchy mood, but this sounds fun.
Stilton: Okay, I've got a club or an axe, which'll it be? For the kitty, I mean...
innocuous77: He's evil - I think only a +2 axe can damage him. And then, he only purrs and wonders why his food dish is empty...
You see, this is the problem with cute little animals. They know how to manipulate with those big bright eyes and cute little tails, all that purring and rubbing against your shins and looking up beseechingly - its all carefully calculated to lower your guard and give them the best chance at getting at your jugular. And now you have gray spots all over your hand which are probably going to spread and lead to either embarrassing social situations (baad news for a teacher) or wearing an ankle length overcoat with the collar up, a trilby and gumboots. Believe me, you'll soon be living a life in the shadows, afraid to be seen by friends and loved ones, and all for what? A spotty alien feline with a streak of evil running through it about as wide as the Grand Canyon. I advise using the +6. Its the top of the range teak handled model with the stainless steel head. Its never let me down, ever. Let me know how it goes...
CarrionCrow: All right, it only took 3 days after learning of the possibility, but I now have Halfway.
YEEEEEE-HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Post edited December 08, 2014 by Stilton
Stilton: You see, this is the problem with cute little animals. They know how to manipulate with those big bright eyes cute little tails, all that purring and rubbing against your shins and looking up beseechingly - its all carefully calculated to lower your guard and give them the best chance at getting at your jugular. And now you have gray spots all over your hand which are probably going to spread and lead to either embarrassing social situations (baad news for a teacher) or wearing an ankle length overcoat with the collar up, a trilby and gumboots. Believe me, you'll soon be living a life in the shadows, afraid to be seen by friends and loved ones, and all for what? A spotty alien feline with a streak of evil running through it about as wide as the Grand Canyon. I advise using the +6. Its the top of the range teak handled model with the stainless steel head. Its never let me down, ever. Let me know how it goes...
Honey? Is that you?

Scary thing? I have 4 of them. And they're just looking at me... like they have a plan...
Stilton: You see, this is the problem with cute little animals. They know how to manipulate with those big bright eyes and cute little tails, all that purring and rubbing against your shins and looking up beseechingly - its all carefully calculated to lower your guard and give them the best chance at getting at your jugular. And now you have gray spots all over your hand which are probably going to spread and lead to either embarrassing social situations (baad news for a teacher) or wearing an ankle length overcoat with the collar up, a trilby and gumboots. Believe me, you'll soon be living a life in the shadows, afraid to be seen by friends and loved ones, and all for what? A spotty alien feline with a streak of evil running through it about as wide as the Grand Canyon. I advise using the +6. Its the top of the range teak handled model with the stainless steel head. Its never let me down, ever. Let me know how it goes...
CarrionCrow: All right, it only took 3 days after learning of the possibility, but I now have Halfway.
Stilton: YEEEEEE-HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Indeed, sir. =)
One of the perks of being kinda crazy - a sane person wouldn't stay up for days, pissed off because they missed an item they wanted. Course, the sane person would also probably be asleep at this hour, and they'd be shit out of luck.
LaPtiteBete: Is it good ?... REUS... It looks a bit repetitive ?...
Well, I won't buy any bundle today ; despite the amount, no real interest or new thing... good for my wallet...
katya_stevens: I find Reus to be quite fun, though my personal thoughts are that its inclusion in the God genre is a bit mixed. Yes, it is a God game in the sense of getting your giants to manipulate the environment but it also includes some puzzle or resource strategy elements. For instance, putting a specific plant next to a specific animal will give bonuses -- that might be extra food, some awe, or increase the wealth on specific sections.

This is one game where gaining achievements unlocks various elements. Accomplishing buildings in each village can give you an ambassador, which unlocks different skills for your giants. One skill is the ability to transmodify ores, animals, and plants -- to get higher achievements you need to be able to transmute various items into things you unlock from earlier achievements. An example: The forest giant can create rabbits. With the right ambassador on the right giant, finishing an era with 100 prosperity in a forest village allows you to turn those rabbits into deer. Those deer offer better aspects and options, allowing you to get more food/awe under specific situations and circumstances.

It's also rather specifically set up. The game offers 30 minute sections (available at the start), 60 minutes, and 120 minutes (these two unlocked via progression/achievements). Also, there's an endless option but achievements can't be obtained there. The strict time options could be good or bad depending on point of view, as well as the included puzzle/resource strategy elements.

I think the top review on the store page has it pretty accurate. It's a decent game in what it is, but it's not anything like some of the old, great God games.
Woaa... thanks for your detailed reply ! I think I might like this one... it sounds good. But no need to speed up, I'll have a closer look when I go back home :)

moonshineshadow: I also agree to the owl theory :P
FoxySage: I also thought it was an owl. So add another believer to the owl theory :P
I thought he was a Furby !!! Ô_Ô
FoxySage: I also thought it was an owl. So add another believer to the owl theory :P
LaPtiteBete: I thought he was a Furby !!! Ô_Ô
Eh em... 'she'

But I'm totally stealing the owl theme:)