It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stilton: There's a little bit of a moan at the bottom of page 104... :-)

Nice to see you, by the way ;-)
What page 104? I only got 43 pages - are you people hiding posts from me? Or are they buried under all that snow we made fall last night?

HypersomniacLive: What page 104? I only got 43 pages - are you people hiding posts from me? Or are they buried under all that snow we made fall last night?
How do you do one of those red arrow linky things - I could point it out if I knew...

HypersomniacLive: What page 104? I only got 43 pages - are you people hiding posts from me? Or are they buried under all that snow we made fall last night?
Nah, you have the right page number. The superior one with more posts per page :D
Stilton: I think you do it like this
Post edited December 08, 2014 by j0ekerr
Stilton: How do you do one of those red arrow linky things - I could point it out if I knew...
Hover over the post and beside the timestamp there's a hyperlink and post number, this links directly to the post with the little red arrow.
RWarehall: For the record its 6 hours, but by the time you first see it listed, it's less than 6 thus reading 5 hours.
moonshineshadow: The flash sales always last for 5+ hours, you can see the timer next to them. But normally they repeat after some time. What changes at the daily reset (15:00 CET) is the offered bundles.
Thanks for clarifications.

I need my horror fix, and after checking the tracking lists from previous days (many thanks to trackers) found out that both Outlast and Amnesia are rolling in the flash deals ;)
Stilton: I was wondering futilely a while back about what the appeal for GOG is in this drip-drip Chinese torture style of 'sale'. snipppp
I think this format makes people buy more games... I don't know if you keep a close eye on your expenditure, but I know I wouldn't have buy so many games if I had to do it in one step...
Plus, it's this everlasting waiting that allow us to learn, have fun, share... and makes the success of this forum :)
Stilton: How do you do one of those red arrow linky things - I could point it out if I knew...
adaliabooks: Hover over the post and beside the timestamp there's a hyperlink and post number, this links directly to the post with the little red arrow.
Thanks, adaliabooks ;-)

Although it doesn't seem to be working...

Hyper! Its post #2080!
Post edited December 08, 2014 by Stilton
LaPtiteBete: I think this format makes people buy more games... I don't know if you keep a close eye on your expenditure, but I know I wouldn't have buy so many games if I had to do it in one step...
Plus, it's this everlasting waiting that allow us to learn, have fun, share... and makes the success of this forum :)
I agree, at least for me it's likely that I spend couple of dollars each day of the sale. On the other hand, if I were to scroll through huge list of discounted games, add wanted to cart and see it skyrocket to $50+, I'd propably bail on the purchase altogether and leave.
adaliabooks: Hover over the post and beside the timestamp there's a hyperlink and post number, this links directly to the post with the little red arrow.
Stilton: Thanks, adaliabooks ;-)

Hyper! Its post #2080!
You need to click on the little symbol at the post you want to reference. This will open the topic with a red arrow at the post, so you only need to copy the link for it then.
Attachments:
link.jpg (38 Kb)
I shop mostly by discount until price is under $3. I would happily buy every games under $3 in one hit. I would prefer it. This waiting to see would be unbearable with out something else to be a distraction. this thread, for example.
moonshineshadow: You need to click on the little symbol at the post you want to reference. This will open the topic with a red arrow at the post, so you only need to copy the link for it then.
Please don't post any more of those blinding light-grey forum background screenshots, my poor eye cant's sand so much bright. ;-P

And for the record, clicking on the post number works too as it's part of the hyperlink. ;-)

Stilton: Thanks, adaliabooks ;-)

Hyper! Its post #2080!
Nope, still not enough. We need moar!!!
moonshineshadow: You need to click on the little symbol at the post you want to reference. This will open the topic with a red arrow at the post, so you only need to copy the link for it then.
HypersomniacLive: Please don't post any more of those blinding light-grey forum background screenshots, my poor eye cant's sand so much bright. ;-P

And for the record, clicking on the post number works too as it's part of the hyperlink. ;-)
You are right, I should have extended the red circle :D And I will keep the light color-theme but since I have a nice moment, I will not post a new picture with the extended circle ;-)
I have to admit for me the gog forum is one where I don't really know what theme to chose, since yes the light one is a bit too bright, but I don't know, for me the dark one is not working here, somehow the dark grey and the white font is giving me a headache, don't know why, since I normally also choose the darker forum themes...
Hi folks, sorry I'm late, left Stiltons icon on all night and had to shovel my way back to the computer. ;)
Stilton: I was wondering futilely a while back about what the appeal for GOG is in this drip-drip Chinese torture style of 'sale'. snipppp
LaPtiteBete: I think this format makes people buy more games... I don't know if you keep a close eye on your expenditure, but I know I wouldn't have buy so many games if I had to do it in one step...
I agree with you on this.

This sales format may seem bad but if we are seeing the same format more times along the year I think it is a sign that it is working very well for GOG.

We don't have access to numbers but my guess is people tends to spend more, we remain logged in for a longer time or return more times a day to check the site. And these numbers probably are used as tools to negociate deals with publishers and developers.