It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours, 500+ Games 50% off until July 5, Daily Deals up to 85% off!

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, let's begin GOG's amazing humongous [url=http://gog.com/NoDRMSummer]2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale. Most of the games in our DRM-free catalog (that's 500+ titles!) are available half-price until July the 5th. You can also expect special Daily Deals, allowing you to grab bundles of games (or in some cases individual titles) up to 85% off! To add a cherry on top that huge, delicious summer gaming cake, for the next 48 hours we're giving away Torchlight, a fantastic hack-and-slash action-RPG, absolutely free to all GOG.com users! We have a lot of exciting deals in store for you, so remember to check our site frequently.

Normally, this paragraph would serve to further encourage you to go crazy with our extravagant and exciting offers. We'll get to that. But there's something important we'd like to address first. At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming. As anti-DRM crusaders, we're very glad to see that the issue of restrictive digital rights management has become an item of public debate, and we want to make sure that our #NoDRM stance is clear. None of the games in our sale have DRM, and none of our games ever will.

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on [url=https://twitter.com/GOGcom]Twitter[/url], , and [url=http://j.mp/followGOGonYT]YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1gkymg/nodrmsummer_at_gog/

"does gog stand for something?"

It stands for nothing ... NOOOOTTTHHIIINNNNGGGG. ;-)
Attachments:
gooog.png (16 Kb)
makr3la: As far as I remember you still have all games that were removed from GOG?
Unfortunately not. I joined well after some of them were removed. Still hoping for a cosmic ray to add them to my account... :)
I swear I'll become homeless someday because of your awesome sales GOG :)
makr3la: As far as I remember you still have all games that were removed from GOG?
xyem: Unfortunately not. I joined well after some of them were removed. Still hoping for a cosmic ray to add them to my account... :)
Ah, and I thought you were here from the very beginning :-)
GOG GAMES ARE SWEET, SWEET CANDY

*patiently waiting for Chaos Overlord sale*
HypersomniacLive: I don't think that's accurate. As others already pointed out, all games get a 50% discount but due to a glitch, some don't show it till you're at check out - I've tried a few games (like the Wizardry ones) and they are discounted at check out.
Bloodygoodgames: The Wizardry ones are showing for me on sale??

A few games, like Don't Starve, aren't -- but I"m presuming those will be in a daily bundle as that's what happened at Christmas.
A bit late, but the Wizardry still show on normal price for me, but at the correct discount in check out.

Regarding the "OWNED" games, it kind of works and doesn't work for me.
If you click on "Browse Games" or pick a category from there, it shows the games you own, unless they're not on sale, as long as you leave the list as "by bestselling". If you change the order the games are listed, it stops working and no game shows as "OWNED".

Anyone else noticed this?
makr3la: I thought that you have whole catalogue already :-)
xyem: I lagged behind when they started releasing more expensive and indie games. I'm currently at 526/576 (91%) but this sale should let me catch up a fair bit.
I believe that it's been temporarily turned off for server load reasons. We should be able to turn it back on once the day's madness has ceased.
Finally got Undying... yay!

Gonna play it cool with everything else for now, saving up for a new apartment and have a huge backlog anyway. Good sale though GOG, keep it up!
I didn't actually use this website for some time, but wasn't there an option on "Browse Games" page to hide games that I already own? I don't see it now. I won't go and compare every row to my library.
:-)

I guess I'll just pick discounted $5.99 titles from my wishlist and hope for daily deals on those more expensive ones.
Sweet. A lot of new games in my catalogue and wishlist doesn't look so chubby anymore :).
Thank you so much GOG! So many games to buy, so little $
ugh. seeing a few games on sale that i purchased recently. i suppose torchlight and 50% off on witcher 2 is enough to ease the pain. now that i bought witcher 2 i have feeling it'll be 75% off before this sale is over....HA. ah well! 50% is still a great deal. thanks, gog dudes.
LOL. Clouds, sunshine, a beach, drinks. A symbol of happiness for many people and then the Carmageddon advertisement. :) So awesome. :)
Post edited June 18, 2013 by langurmonkey
Jonathanimal: ugh. seeing a few games on sale that i purchased recently. i suppose torchlight and 50% off on witcher 2 is enough to ease the pain. now that i bought witcher 2 i have feeling it'll be 75% off before this sale is over....HA. ah well! 50% is still a great deal. thanks, gog dudes.
The generally accepted strategy for GOG sales like this is to wait until the end of the sale to take advantage of the standard 50% off just in case the game that you're buying ends up in one of the daily promos. Considering Witcher 2 is a GOG/CD Projekt property, the odds are actually quite high that it will be one of the games featured in a promo with a higher than 50% discount, unfortunately for you. The only consolation would be that Witcher 2 might be included in a combination promo where you would need to buy something else with it in order to receive the higher discount.