It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours, 500+ Games 50% off until July 5, Daily Deals up to 85% off!

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, let's begin GOG's amazing humongous [url=http://gog.com/NoDRMSummer]2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale. Most of the games in our DRM-free catalog (that's 500+ titles!) are available half-price until July the 5th. You can also expect special Daily Deals, allowing you to grab bundles of games (or in some cases individual titles) up to 85% off! To add a cherry on top that huge, delicious summer gaming cake, for the next 48 hours we're giving away Torchlight, a fantastic hack-and-slash action-RPG, absolutely free to all GOG.com users! We have a lot of exciting deals in store for you, so remember to check our site frequently.

Normally, this paragraph would serve to further encourage you to go crazy with our extravagant and exciting offers. We'll get to that. But there's something important we'd like to address first. At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming. As anti-DRM crusaders, we're very glad to see that the issue of restrictive digital rights management has become an item of public debate, and we want to make sure that our #NoDRM stance is clear. None of the games in our sale have DRM, and none of our games ever will.

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on [url=https://twitter.com/GOGcom]Twitter[/url], , and [url=http://j.mp/followGOGonYT]YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
dizcology: If I choose to gift the entire pack of the D&D sale, would the games all come with a single GOG code, or one code for each game?
One single code.
dizcology: If I choose to gift the entire pack of the D&D sale, would the games all come with a single GOG code, or one code for each game?
PaterAlf: One single code.
Thanks!
Awesome looking sale so far. Quite a few games I want to purchase, but holding off in hopes for a Cyberpunk bundle, since they all seem to fall under that theme. Will be grabbing a few regardless though if not!
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Kurina
A single one. The games you already own stay on the code so you could give those to someone else.

Damn ninjas :P
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Shaolin_sKunk
P1na: So those games with dancing prices shouldn't have been on sale. Which means I cheated. Oopsies.
Depends on a country :P In Poland, the price being displayed in checkout on a website is legally binding (in retail stores, price displayed on a shelf is binding) unless it's obvious mistake (like let's say trying to buy and iPad for a dollar). This mistake was not obvious.

But in some countries that laws are more in favor of busineses than customers, they could roll back your purchase. But they will not, because it's bad for PR :P

I think I bought few things with mistaken prices in my life. Never regretted...
Post edited June 18, 2013 by keeveek
Shaolin_sKunk: A single one. The games you already own stay on the code so you could give those to someone else.
Thanks! This is useful to know!
Bloodygoodgames: I must have played or owned at least 200 pirated games over the years (I'm in Bangkok, all games are pirated here :) I've never once a) had a game that didn't play and b) had a game with any kind of malware or virus.

Pirates don't infest their stuff with malware. They want you to come back and buy from them again.

And, as far as the US government trying to convince people pirates are connected to 'terrorists'. Bullshit. They're just business people like anyone else. But, you know the US, if they don't want you to do something, they just say "terrorists" and half of America believes them :)
Fever_Discordia: If you're BUYing your warez that sounds like a very different scene to free torrents with different motivations, although I agree that there is a lot of FUD spread from the industry about this sort of thing (hells any infected warez probably originate from the industry's black ops dept. too *dons tin foil hat*)

I actually assumed that a lot of the hassle OP says GOG eliminates vs. priracy of old games is the same hassle you get just running your old retail disks these day - hunting the patches down, fiddling with compatibility settings etc

Although, yeah, people then just torrent the GOG'd versions, sadly
Yep, I actually realized after I wrote that that it wasn't quite the same as torrenting :)

I have torrented in the past and have to say I've never had malware etc.

Here in Bangkok just about every game ever made is on sale at thousands of bootleg stalls at malls and markets all over the city. And I MEAN thousands - there are at least 20 stalls less than half a mile from my house,

You just walk in, they have the covers of the games in photo album like folders and you pick out what you want. You pay for them and they give you a receipt. You come back 30 minutes later (games aren't kept at the stalls due to occasional raids by police, although the police themselves buy as many games as does everyone else :)

They give you the games along with the game covers (look just like the real thing) and then you can go a few stalls down and buy the plastic jewel cases for about 30 cents each if you want them. Most games sell for 100 baht ($3) and you get one game for free if you buy five games.

Having said that, I haven't bought bootleg games in the last few years as it's easier and cheap to buy most games online at places like GOG, Indie Game Stand etc, and I prefer to support the developers. Especially the indie ones.

But.....I will tell you, the US will NEVER stop the bootleg industry. There are literally millions of people involved in it and it's too lucrative. Hell, China has whole TOWNS devoted to copied products. Sure, the Chinese, the Thais, the Malays, the Vietnamese etc. will kowtow to the Americans whenever they complain about pirated goods but it will never ever stop them from pirating them.
HOT DIGGITY! I only wish I had more money to throw at you people. I love GOG and CDP so much.... I've got every title in your first two major sales. LOL
Novotnus: Looks like those Slender: The Arrival guys really don't want me to get their game. For $4.99 I'd think about it. For $9.99 - forget it.
Yeah, just watch some of the walkthrough on YouTube. It's really too bad that it was so short and not-interesting. The scenery is beautiful but it seems like that was focused on way too much, rather than adding some fresh ideas or story to the game. :(
These are some pretty intense deals. Unfortunately, I've taken a sacred vow not to buy a bunch of games I will never have time to play just because they're cheap, so I'm going to have to pass.
tl:dr

So I'm guessing some of the 50% discount titles will get a 1 day special of around 85%?

This will clear my wishlist nicely.
Time to check my digital wallet.
tfishell: Yeah, just watch some of the walkthrough on YouTube. It's really too bad that it was so short and not-interesting. The scenery is beautiful but it seems like that was focused on way too much, rather than adding some fresh ideas or story to the game. :(
Got Nancy Drew instead :) Slenderman is far overused... and when you can track the source of a creepypasta so easily, it's not so creepy anymore.
As for Slender, if I'm up for this kind of scares, I'll simply replay Prenumbra or Amnesia :)
Bloodygoodgames: I must have played or owned at least 200 pirated games over the years (I'm in Bangkok, all games are pirated here :) I've never once a) had a game that didn't play and b) had a game with any kind of malware or virus.

Pirates don't infest their stuff with malware. They want you to come back and "buy" from them again.
Yes, that has more or less become the norm now. I've played pirated games either because they weren't being sold anymore or (cough) I didn't really want to bother my dad to have him use his cc, and essentially I've had a good success rate. (since the pirated ones are basically all old games, the fact that I'm still on Win XP helps)
Thank you GOG.
You just ruined my finances.
dragonbeast: soo...all 50%off discounts stay until july 5?
TurnipSlayerr: See my above post.

Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay catalogues will all only be on promo for one week.
...... Wait, we got hold of Capcom games? -Goes to check-