It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Radiance1979: anyway while i do value your sentiment my aim was more at looking if others felt that 2019 has been a weak game year overall
Well, to be honest I'm a little curious about that as well. Some games from last year piqued my curiosity like Fade To Silence, PC Building Simulator and all those retro-inspired FPS but I do not remember anything special that got me excited in 2019.
I probably skipped a lot of AAA games due to price, system requirements or conditions (apart from Yakuza Kiwami and Far Cry New Dawn), but I still found enough to like among indies and smaller titles, like:

Supraland, Hedon, Life Is Strange 2 (last episodes), Trine 4, Knights And Bikes, My Time At Portia, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Slay the Spire, Trover Saves the Universe, AMID Evil (as a gift), Druidstone: The Secret of Menhir Forest, Afterparty, Cardpocalypse, Journey (PC release), We Were Here Together, Tick Tock: A Tale for Two, Pilgrims, Whispers of A Machine, The World Next Door, Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank

I guess it all depends on your perspective. To me personally, it would be a good year on the sole basis of the Supraland release already. The overall number is less important to me than my enjoyment of single titles, and Supraland was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in recent years.
Post edited September 07, 2020 by Leroux
Leroux: I probably skipped a lot of AAA games due to price, system requirements or conditions (apart from Yakuza Kiwami and Far Cry New Dawn), but I still found enough to like among indies and smaller titles, like:

Supraland, Hedon, Life Is Strange 2 (last episodes), Trine 4, Knights And Bikes, My Time At Portia, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Slay the Spire, Trover Saves the Universe, AMID Evil (as a gift), Druidstone: The Secret of Menhir Forest, Afterparty, Cardpocalypse, Journey (PC release), We Were Here Together, Tick Tock: A Tale for Two, Pilgrims, Whispers of A Machine, The World Next Door, Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank

I guess it all depends on your perspective. To me personally, it would be a good year on the sole basis of the Supraland release already. The overall number is less important to me than my enjoyment of single titles, and Supraland was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in recent years.
that seems to have a lot of truth, others could be overjoyed with the release of rd2 or sekiro, not to mention steel division 2, the last of us i belief but me not so much

after checking some stuff i think that gladius for example and railway empire did manage to give 2018 a special feeling but mostly i was looking at the 2017 stuff, and still am btw with total war warhammer 2, nier automata, aven colony mass effect andromeda
not to mention 2016 hits such as stellaris and civ VI, grim dawn, xcom 2 ... homeworld deserts of kharak
I bought 0 games in 2019.

Then again, I bought nearly 130 games (so far) this year so..That probably makes up for it.
Vendor-Lazarus: I bought 0 games in 2019.

Then again, I bought nearly 130 games (so far) this year so..That probably makes up for it.
no no no, the games that are released in 2019 that you have in your possesion, that is more or less what this topic is about, personally i feel that 2019 almost has been a lost year, if not for Control and Field of Glory Empires the year would have received a black stripe in my book
Post edited September 07, 2020 by Radiance1979
Radiance1979: no no no, the games that are released in 2019 that you have in your possesion,...
Galaxy lists 16 games with release year 2019 for me. But if I had bought everything I'm interested in there'd be a lot more I guess.
Trine 4
Train Valley 2

+ some games for my son's Xbox and iPad

And I probably have some 2019 releases on my wishlist waiting for a 75%+ sale.

Edited to add: Not counting freebies.
Post edited September 07, 2020 by brouer
Radiance1979: no no no, the games that are released in 2019 that you have in your possesion,...
toxicTom: Galaxy lists 16 games with release year 2019 for me. But if I had bought everything I'm interested in there'd be a lot more I guess.
4 for me

a bards tale IV, not willing to talk about that one ( directors cut btw )

foundation, so far aimed to much at designers

outward, not sure yet but compared to my other titles rpg it seems as a step back in time

fell seal, intriging which might hold more if i understand the combat system but, that also seems to be the biggest drawback of the game which is essential when facing a tactical game

2018 holds 6 gog titles

a bards tale iv - enuf said

deep sky derelicts - i guess this entry is just not anymore a genre i'm interested in

neverwinter nights - played that a lot when younger, nostalgia purchase

pathfinder kingmaker - not sure yet, felt intriged by the story telling but felt put off by the combat

symmetry - nice little game for those casual moments

tower of time - okeish i guess, beautfill but also a bit dull and maybe i have to accept these sort titles no longer hold my interest

with that said i stay away from those types of games since this year, might consider their turn based variants such as baldurs gate 3 or divinity endless sin 2 at a certain point again but it seems my love for a genre dissipated for some reason

2017 is an interesting year with titles such as battle brothers, spell force anniversary edition, the surge, vikings wolves of midgard and sanctus reach but outside battle brothers i consider most as ideocrocy on my side.

i will barely play them, find myself bored after a couple of hours and question my thinking when buying games

in 2020 i have another such a title called kingdom under fire the crusades which i just as well should not have bought...

you know, call yourself a gamer, spends time with only a couple of trusted titles, buyes other titles under the name collector or game supporter but in the end fools himself
Vendor-Lazarus: I bought 0 games in 2019.

Radiance1979: no no no, the games that are released in 2019 that you have in your possesion, that is more or less what this topic is about, personally i feel that 2019 almost has been a lost year, if not for Control and Field of Glory Empires the year would have received a black stripe in my book
I misunderstood then. Was also very hard to check, since I don't use Galaxy.

Anyway, my owned games which were released in 2019;

Littlewood
Noita
Reventure
One Finger Death Punch 2
and
Startpoint Gemini 3 (In Dev, if that counts)

Not counting freebies and expansion/DLC
Post edited September 08, 2020 by Vendor-Lazarus
Vendor-Lazarus: One Finger Death Punch 2
<< Smashed Head with Face towards Palm of Hand

2019's been a great year for the gaming community!
Vendor-Lazarus: One Finger Death Punch 2
Radiance1979: << Smashed Head with Face towards Palm of Hand

I don't know about you, but One Finger Death Punch 1 was excellent!
(I just haven't had time to play 2 yet, so I can't say anything about the sequel)
Radiance1979: << Smashed Head with Face towards Palm of Hand

Vendor-Lazarus: I don't know about you, but One Finger Death Punch 1 was excellent!
(I just haven't had time to play 2 yet, so I can't say anything about the sequel)
i enjoyed the game a lot, almost silly how 2 buttons can make you feel like your own star in some karate movie