It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This Monday is about to become the best day ever. We are starting the second week of our Summer Sale with an absolute bang! We know you’ve been waiting for it, so we're incredibly happy to say that…

7 entries from the legendary Yakuza series are now available on GOG – all with special Summer Sale discounts! Please welcome to our catalog:

Yakuza 0 (-75%)
Yakuza Kiwami (-75%)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (-75%) + Clan Creator Bundle DLC (-70%)
Yakuza 3 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 4 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 5 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (-65%) + Clan Creator Card Bundle DLC (-60%)

And if you prefer to grab the Yakuza titles together, then worry not, because there is also The Yakuza Bundle (containing Y0, YK1, YK2), Yakuza Remastered Collection (containing Y3, Y4, Y5), and Yakuza Complete Series (containing all the aforementioned main entries) – all of them on Summer Sale discounts!

Moreover, to have the best start of the week ever, feel free to claim your copy of Eschalon: Book II – now on a GIVEAWAY until June 21st, 1 PM UTC. It’s an excellent turn-based RPG with old-school feel, isometric graphics, large open-ended world, all custom-tailored for long-time role-playing fans.

The Yakuza series is an incredibly captivating and beloved franchise that has consistently delivered outstanding gaming experiences filled with action and great stories that have captured the hearts of players for over a decade.

If you somehow haven’t heard of Yakuza before, it’s a franchise created by SEGA with its debut back in 2005. Since then it spawned multiple entries, becoming a critically acclaimed and commercially successful series with a dedicated fan base around the world.

The games are set in a fictionalized version of Japan, primarily focusing on the criminal underworld and the life of yakuza members. They follow the story of Kazuma Kiryu, a former yakuza member who becomes embroiled in various conflicts and conspiracies as he navigates the dangerous streets of Tokyo and other cities.

One of the most remarkable aspects of the Yakuza series is its gripping storytelling. Each game weaves a complex and compelling narrative filled with intricate plotlines, intense drama, and memorable characters. As a player you are thrust into the dangerous and intriguing world of yakuza, where loyalty, betrayal, and honor collide. The storylines are expertly crafted, often featuring unexpected twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seats, eager to uncover the next revelation.

And these amazing stories are complemented by immersive and vibrant open-world environments. The settings, such as the bustling city of Kamurocho and the vibrant streets of Sotenbori, are meticulously designed, capturing the essence of real-world Japanese cities. These locations are teeming with life and authenticity, making you feel like you are truly exploring the heart of Japan. The attention to detail is astounding, with bustling streets, neon-lit alleys, and countless shops and establishments to visit. This level of immersion enhances the overall experience and draws you even deeper into the world of the Yakuza.

But what would a game about the criminal underworld be without fighting and action? The Yakuza series is renowned for its thrilling and satisfying combat mechanics. The games offer a mix of hand-to-hand combat, powerful finishing moves, and flashy special attacks that make you feel like an unstoppable force of nature. Engaging in battles is not only visually impressive but also incredibly enjoyable, with a deep system that allows for fluid combos and strategic decision-making. The combat encounters are challenging yet rewarding, providing a sense of progression and growth as you master your fighting skills throughout the series.

The Yakuza games are also filled with an abundance of side activities and minigames that offer a delightful diversion from the main narrative. From playing retro SEGA arcade games to trying your hand at batting cages or singing karaoke, there is no shortage of entertaining distractions. These activities not only add depth and variety to the gameplay but also showcase the developers' attention to detail and their commitment to creating an immersive and engaging world.

Additionally, the series excels at blending serious themes with moments of lightheartedness and humor. This balance is a defining characteristic of the franchise, providing you with a diverse range of emotions throughout your journey. Whether it's engaging in a serious crime drama or experiencing hilarious and quirky side stories, the Yakuza series adeptly combines these elements to create a unique and memorable experience.

We could go on and on about the Yakuza games, but no amount of talking will do justice to their amazingness. Get them now and see for yourself, remember to claim the GIVEAWAY, browse through our Summer Sale, and just have an excellent time!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So that makes me extra skeptical about if these Yakuza might also fail to live up to the hype they are given, just like Sleeping Dogs fails to do so.
Yakuza is styled after Shenmue. This means that places like bars have each drink described by the tender, covering some of the history and flavor. Mini-games like karoke, mini-car slot races, bowling, claw games, and so forth are present. Vignettes of perverse videos, such as a nubile girl bouncing on a exercise ball. Most of the combat is centered around a beat'em up style, and Kiryu switches around his combat posture to better deal with specific types of enemies.

Having played Sleeping Dogs myself, I personally much prefer Yakuza because it doesn't feel like an open-world game. It is more of an "focused world". You are basically restricted to a couple of city blocks, with the game focused on giving extra detail to the shops.

The game tries to impart a sense of intimacy, in the sense that you are standing in Kiryu's shoes and exploring the world because he wants to experience it.
mistycoven: "Real Yakuza use a gamepad" is shown at the start of (to the best of my knowledge) all of the Yakuza games. They are primarily designed around the player using a controller. That doesn't mean you can't use a keyboard/mouse setup, but I wouldn't expect it to be an ideal experience.
Hadn't played any of them before last night, but the ones I tried all seemed to be playable with a keyboard and mouse. (or trackball, in my case)
SCAgent: I have heard of the series before, have never played them before, im doing some research on them right now and they look fun crazy and heavily story driven.

I do have some questions though

First and most importantly, I hate controllers, as a left-handed person I have a weird keyboard layout, the games i play need to be good quality PC ports with key-rebinding.

Is this a game that plays well with KB&M? Most of my searches online are people saying the same thing "real yakuza play with controller" like a meme or whatever the kids call them these days

2) the grind, I hate open-world grindfests, "you want to progress the main story? nope, go pluck some chickens to get your level to 50 so you can finally finish the game" is the game playable by me focusing on the main story and some sidequests?

3) I don't like mini-games, especially quicktime events ones. saw a bunch of karaoke,management stuff, can i ignore them?

Thanks in advance to whomever can answer these!
The minigames and side stories and other stuff are pretty much the 'main' experience and most of the draw for a lot of people.

Though you can ignore a lot of them if you don't care about 100% completion. For the most part, doing things like beating certain scores in minigames gives you completion points, which you can trade for optional rewards. (there's also completion points for doing things like ordering everything on the menu at the restaurant or walking a certain distance though most of those naturally add up over time without really having to go out of your way to do it). And some sub stories require you to beat someone in a minigame but you can skip them if you don't care about getting 100% sub story completion and fighting the optional boss.

There's a few bits where they're required to move on in the story though, like the rail shooter sequences in 0 and Kiwami, and there's some chase minigame sequences in 3. And you do have stuff like QTE sequences in cutscenes/fights (I think most of the time you just lose health if you fail them but there's probably some exception that I"m not thinking of), and for finishers.

I'd say that you get most of the EXP and money from the story and sub stories (though in 0 and Kiwami one fighting style is gated behind progress in the business minigames and Majima everywhere events). The games aren't particularly difficult unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty so you can probably beeline a lot of it or only do whatever substories you feel like doing.
mohamad4321: Hi guys after we got yakuza franchise from legendary sega puplisher we hope more games in the far future like:
1- Bayonetta
2- Bionic commando: 2009
3- Castle of illusion
4- Condemned: criminal origins
5- Demon slayer: kimetsu no yaiba - the hinokami chronicles
6- Like a dragon: Ishin!
7- Judgement
8- Lost judgement
9- SHENMUE: 1&2
10- Vanguish
Bionic Commando was actually published by Capcom I'm afraid, not SEGA, and developed by Grin. Thou, honestly, when GOG first announced its then new partnership with SEGA that was one of the very first games I started hoping for to eventually show up here, only to find out later on that the game was indeed published by Capcom.

T-T

But yeah... I'd serisouly love to see Bionic Commando here too one of these days.

;]

By the way, no love for Viking: Battle for Asgard in here?
Post edited June 20, 2023 by Waganari
(Almost) Complete saga Purchased, with DLCs.

Come on Sega. I'm waiting Yakuza Like a Dragon and the rest of the saga , spin-off included (Ishin). Of course, Judgment and Lost Judgment. And don't forget Atlus Games. Please, don't keep waiting too much.

Deep down you know Sega, Denuvo is useless. It can't avoid that games end up sailing the Soulth Seas. Wait the 6 months of inital sales if you are worried about mass piracy and then release them DRM-FREE. It's better marketing strategy to try to win new customers when sales are dead to leave the games unsold with a useless DRM. And by the way you can gain some extra publicity and brand image with this move. You know that this is the best path you can take.

There is no point in worrying about those who are not your customers, insted try to reach more people and make more customers. Free the games from DRM afther a reasonable period of time is the best strategy you can follow.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by Xabyer_B
Great releases!

Now they opened the gates, bring Binary Domain (another game by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios, the best 3d person shooter from the PS3 era), Valkyria Chronicles, Shenmue I & II and Sonic Mania!
MarkoH01: Oky, newbie here.

Is there any reason why GOG devided the game bundles in y0, y1,y2 and 3,4,5 remastered?
Foxhack: That's how Sega sells the games on consoles: "Yakuza Origins" (0, 1, 2) and "Yakuza Remastered" (3, 4, 5).

IIRC each trilogy is basically an enclosed storyline of their own.

I'd go with the first trilogy, and if you like it, you can get the second one in the future.
Thanks a lot. I might just do that :)
Is there any specific reason why the Yakuza Complete Series bundle is noticeably more expensive than The Yakuza Bundle (containing Y0, YK1, YK2) and Yakuza Remastered Collection (containing Y3, Y4, Y5) put together? Does the Complete Series bundle contain something more than these two partial bundles put together or is this just another example of bad pricing of bundled items?
Post edited June 20, 2023 by retrorealms
retrorealms: Is there any specific reason why the Yakuza Complete Series bundle is noticeably more expensive than The Yakuza Bundle (containing Y0, YK1, YK2) and Yakuza Remastered Collection (containing Y3, Y4, Y5) put together? Does the Complete Series bundle contain something more than these two partial bundles put together or is this just another example of bad pricing of bundled items?
It has one more game

https://www.gog.com/en/game/yakuza_6_the_song_of_life
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So that makes me extra skeptical about if these Yakuza might also fail to live up to the hype they are given, just like Sleeping Dogs fails to do so.
Sabin_Stargem: Yakuza is styled after Shenmue. This means that places like bars have each drink described by the tender, covering some of the history and flavor. Mini-games like karoke, mini-car slot races, bowling, claw games, and so forth are present. Vignettes of perverse videos, such as a nubile girl bouncing on a exercise ball. Most of the combat is centered around a beat'em up style, and Kiryu switches around his combat posture to better deal with specific types of enemies.

Having played Sleeping Dogs myself, I personally much prefer Yakuza because it doesn't feel like an open-world game. It is more of an "focused world". You are basically restricted to a couple of city blocks, with the game focused on giving extra detail to the shops.

The game tries to impart a sense of intimacy, in the sense that you are standing in Kiryu's shoes and exploring the world because he wants to experience it.
It is a gutted Shenmue in terms of the sheer exploration aspect given how crazily deep you could get into it. That bein said the combat is leagues better. Keep in mind what I say is coming from a Shenmue AND Yakuza fan.
Edit: From the bundle standpoint I think "Valkyria Chronicles" is most likely as there are four now.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by Sarang
So just to be sure, even if you buy the complete series, you still have to buy these two DLCs separately?

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Clan Creator Bundle
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Clan Creator Card Bundle
timppu: So just to be sure, even if you buy the complete series, you still have to buy these two DLCs separately?

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Clan Creator Bundle
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Clan Creator Card Bundle
Yes.
Wow! Didn't see that one coming. Epic news!
Lemme get this right? Your buying a complete series BUT have to buy two missing pieces afterwards?

GOG you do know what the word complete means right?

Yeah I am being sarcastic because that deserves to be insulted.

Never tell me it's complete when it's clearly NOT complete ok!!!
Great releases! ^_^