It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This Monday is about to become the best day ever. We are starting the second week of our Summer Sale with an absolute bang! We know you’ve been waiting for it, so we're incredibly happy to say that…

7 entries from the legendary Yakuza series are now available on GOG – all with special Summer Sale discounts! Please welcome to our catalog:

Yakuza 0 (-75%)
Yakuza Kiwami (-75%)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (-75%) + Clan Creator Bundle DLC (-70%)
Yakuza 3 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 4 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 5 Remastered (-66%)
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (-65%) + Clan Creator Card Bundle DLC (-60%)

And if you prefer to grab the Yakuza titles together, then worry not, because there is also The Yakuza Bundle (containing Y0, YK1, YK2), Yakuza Remastered Collection (containing Y3, Y4, Y5), and Yakuza Complete Series (containing all the aforementioned main entries) – all of them on Summer Sale discounts!

Moreover, to have the best start of the week ever, feel free to claim your copy of Eschalon: Book II – now on a GIVEAWAY until June 21st, 1 PM UTC. It’s an excellent turn-based RPG with old-school feel, isometric graphics, large open-ended world, all custom-tailored for long-time role-playing fans.

The Yakuza series is an incredibly captivating and beloved franchise that has consistently delivered outstanding gaming experiences filled with action and great stories that have captured the hearts of players for over a decade.

If you somehow haven’t heard of Yakuza before, it’s a franchise created by SEGA with its debut back in 2005. Since then it spawned multiple entries, becoming a critically acclaimed and commercially successful series with a dedicated fan base around the world.

The games are set in a fictionalized version of Japan, primarily focusing on the criminal underworld and the life of yakuza members. They follow the story of Kazuma Kiryu, a former yakuza member who becomes embroiled in various conflicts and conspiracies as he navigates the dangerous streets of Tokyo and other cities.

One of the most remarkable aspects of the Yakuza series is its gripping storytelling. Each game weaves a complex and compelling narrative filled with intricate plotlines, intense drama, and memorable characters. As a player you are thrust into the dangerous and intriguing world of yakuza, where loyalty, betrayal, and honor collide. The storylines are expertly crafted, often featuring unexpected twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seats, eager to uncover the next revelation.

And these amazing stories are complemented by immersive and vibrant open-world environments. The settings, such as the bustling city of Kamurocho and the vibrant streets of Sotenbori, are meticulously designed, capturing the essence of real-world Japanese cities. These locations are teeming with life and authenticity, making you feel like you are truly exploring the heart of Japan. The attention to detail is astounding, with bustling streets, neon-lit alleys, and countless shops and establishments to visit. This level of immersion enhances the overall experience and draws you even deeper into the world of the Yakuza.

But what would a game about the criminal underworld be without fighting and action? The Yakuza series is renowned for its thrilling and satisfying combat mechanics. The games offer a mix of hand-to-hand combat, powerful finishing moves, and flashy special attacks that make you feel like an unstoppable force of nature. Engaging in battles is not only visually impressive but also incredibly enjoyable, with a deep system that allows for fluid combos and strategic decision-making. The combat encounters are challenging yet rewarding, providing a sense of progression and growth as you master your fighting skills throughout the series.

The Yakuza games are also filled with an abundance of side activities and minigames that offer a delightful diversion from the main narrative. From playing retro SEGA arcade games to trying your hand at batting cages or singing karaoke, there is no shortage of entertaining distractions. These activities not only add depth and variety to the gameplay but also showcase the developers' attention to detail and their commitment to creating an immersive and engaging world.

Additionally, the series excels at blending serious themes with moments of lightheartedness and humor. This balance is a defining characteristic of the franchise, providing you with a diverse range of emotions throughout your journey. Whether it's engaging in a serious crime drama or experiencing hilarious and quirky side stories, the Yakuza series adeptly combines these elements to create a unique and memorable experience.

We could go on and on about the Yakuza games, but no amount of talking will do justice to their amazingness. Get them now and see for yourself, remember to claim the GIVEAWAY, browse through our Summer Sale, and just have an excellent time!
joveian: Thanks, I saw "normal" in the screenshot for 6 so I guess it is the same. I'm not sure why it isn't shown for 0 on PC gaming wiki but looking at the others I see that it is shown on the Kiwami games but not on 3-5. So I guess that is four of them at least that are likely to work for me. Not sure if I'll even want more than that :/.

What is the deal with the DLC? It sounds like it just "make it easier" stuff that can be ignored?
Apologies for the late reply, my Internet is very slow and it took quite a while to download Yakuza 3. I can confirm it doesn't have an option to adjust the level of blood/gore.

I don't own the DLC, so I can't vouch for exactly what it does.
Aware of this series, however bit confused which ones to get?. Is it better to play the early tiltes first etc?
joveian: What is the deal with the DLC? It sounds like it just "make it easier" stuff that can be ignored?
Those DLCs only affect certain minigames. Specifically, Kiwami 2 and 6 feature this sort-of real-time-strategy game you can play, and the DLCs give you some extra stuff to work with. You can safely ignore them, if you're not interested.

Niggles: Aware of this series, however bit confused which ones to get?. Is it better to play the early tiltes first etc?
My recommendation would be to try out Yakuza Zero first. It's not the first Yakuza game to be released, but it's a good intro to the series. It got a lot of people in the West into playing these games.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by Nergal01
matterbandit: Edit: Oh! This is looking good for me... In clicking the individual games, I realized that W7 officially supports Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2! :) As for the remaining remastered games in the bundle, they do not appear to officially support W7. But perhaps, unofficially? Fingers crossed...
I've only tried 0, 3, and 6. All of them run in Windows 7, so I imagine the others do.
If you, like me, use a DualShock/PS4-Controller (and play on Windows). Get DS4Windows, it's a controller/gamepad emulator and set up a DualShock-Profile. The game does support PlayStation-Controllers natively, but without the emulator the X and Circle buttons will be swapped in some menus, plus you can't use the D-Pad to navigate menus, which is somewhat annoying. :)

Don't know if I can post a link to their site, so just Google DS4Windows, should be the first link.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by NuffCatnip
joveian: What is the deal with the DLC? It sounds like it just "make it easier" stuff that can be ignored?
Nergal01: Those DLCs only affect certain minigames. Specifically, Kiwami 2 and 6 feature this sort-of real-time-strategy game you can play, and the DLCs give you some extra stuff to work with. You can safely ignore them, if you're not interested.

Niggles: Aware of this series, however bit confused which ones to get?. Is it better to play the early tiltes first etc?
Nergal01: My recommendation would be to try out Yakuza Zero first. It's not the first Yakuza game to be released, but it's a good intro to the series. It got a lot of people in the West into playing these games.
I was frankly shocked MS didn't try harder to get Yakuza on the XBox earlier as if there was any more obvious game I knew would succeed on it to a Western audience.
Hi guys after we got yakuza franchise from legendary sega puplisher we hope more games in the far future like:
1- Bayonetta
2- Bionic commando: 2009
3- Castle of illusion
4- Condemned: criminal origins
5- Demon slayer: kimetsu no yaiba - the hinokami chronicles
6- Like a dragon: Ishin!
7- Judgement
8- Lost judgement
9- SHENMUE: 1&2
10- Vanguish
Post edited June 20, 2023 by mohamad4321
While we're on the subject of other Sega published titles, I noticed a disappointing lack of love for Binary Domain. I'd love to see it get the DRM-free treatment.
I have heard of the series before, have never played them before, im doing some research on them right now and they look fun crazy and heavily story driven.

I do have some questions though

First and most importantly, I hate controllers, as a left-handed person I have a weird keyboard layout, the games i play need to be good quality PC ports with key-rebinding.

Is this a game that plays well with KB&M? Most of my searches online are people saying the same thing "real yakuza play with controller" like a meme or whatever the kids call them these days

2) the grind, I hate open-world grindfests, "you want to progress the main story? nope, go pluck some chickens to get your level to 50 so you can finally finish the game" is the game playable by me focusing on the main story and some sidequests?

3) I don't like mini-games, especially quicktime events ones. saw a bunch of karaoke,management stuff, can i ignore them?

Thanks in advance to whomever can answer these!
Post edited June 20, 2023 by SCAgent
SCAgent: First and most importantly, I hate controllers, as a left-handed person I have a weird keyboard layout, the games i play need to be good quality PC ports and key-rebiding.

Is this a game that plays well with KB&M? Most of my searches online are people saying the same thing "real yakuza play with controller" like a meme or whatever the kids call them these days
Completely rebindable, at least as far as 0 is concerned. Should be the same for the other installments(?).

Only played for about 10 minutes, and after messing around with the camera/mouse sensitivity a bit it felt quite serviceable. As always, your mileage may vary.

The "Real Yakuza use a gamepad" thing comes from one of the first splash screens after starting the game, by the way.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by Swedrami
SCAgent: Is this a game that plays well with KB&M? Most of my searches online are people saying the same thing "real yakuza play with controller" like a meme or whatever the kids call them these days
"Real Yakuza use a gamepad" is shown at the start of (to the best of my knowledge) all of the Yakuza games. They are primarily designed around the player using a controller. That doesn't mean you can't use a keyboard/mouse setup, but I wouldn't expect it to be an ideal experience.
SCAgent: I have heard of the series before, have never played them before, im doing some research on them right now and they look fun crazy and heavily story driven.

I do have some questions though

First and most importantly, I hate controllers, as a left-handed person I have a weird keyboard layout, the games i play need to be good quality PC ports and key-rebiding.

2) the grind, I hate open-world grindfests, "you want to progress the main story? nope, go pluck some chickens to get your level to 50 so you can finally finish the game" is the game playable by me focusing on the main story and some sidequests?

3) I don't like mini-games, especially quicktime events ones. saw a bunch of karaoke,management stuff, can i ignore them?

Thanks in advance to whomever can answer these!
Can't help you with 1) I'm afraid, only ever played them with a controller, but I'm sure someone else can help out.

Regarding 2), if you want you can plow through the main story without playing the side stories or mini games. Except for a couple tutorials to introduce content and mechanics they are not mandatory.

3) Like in 2) you get introduced to some mini games, but I'm sure (not certain though, sorry) you can fail those mini games without a game over.
There's quick time events in fights, but for the most part you can fail them, you'll lose health but won't lose the fight itself. BUT there are instances of instant death QTEs. I don't remember how many of these there are in the games (or which games). I think at the end of Kiwami 2 there's an instance of an instant death QTE.
Post edited June 20, 2023 by NuffCatnip
Thanks everyone for the quick replies!!

7 games for this price, is an absolute steal, I will buy the bundle and hope for the best, since the keys are rebindable I will most probably be fine.

The more youtube vids I watch the crazier this series seem, cant wait to play I will start with 0 and go up from there.

Now if I only find the time to play them....
SCAgent: 7 games for this price, is an absolute steal, I will buy the bundle and hope for the best, since the

Now if I only find the time to play them....
That is the great dilemma for serious gamers. "A steal" in theory is often not actually a steal in real-life due the practical problem of not being able to play all of the games that one has access to since there isn't enough time.

I have tons of games in my backlog that were great deals when I bought them, but given the fact that I've never actually played them, they ended up being a waste of my money (although that might change somewhat in the future if I play some of them...but I'll probably never get to all of them).

Right now I'm debating with myself if I should buy this bundle, knowing that a likely possibility is that most of the games might go into my giant backlog and never become played.

And I also have in mind when I tried the game Sleeping Dogs after seeing many posts highly praising it on this board, and a lot those posts were saying things like it's totally hand-crafted and way better than other open world games which are not.

Then when I actually played it, it had the same stupid, boring, mind-numbing open world crap as most other open world games, like hidden collectibles, and also tons of endlessly copy & pasted content, like doing dozens of identical "drug bust" missions in a row.

So that makes me extra skeptical about if these Yakuza might also fail to live up to the hype they are given, just like Sleeping Dogs fails to do so.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: tons of endlessly copy & pasted content, like doing dozens of identical "drug bust" missions in a row.
The side stories in the Yakuza games could not be further from that. They are as quirky and as unique as they are plentiful.