It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Congrats to the team at CD PROJEKT RED for winning 2 awards at the second annual Steam Awards!!! Awards are nominated and voted by the players. This year, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won the "Choices Matter" award:

"Games are about agency, and this award is for the game that has it in spades. Maybe it’s because there are 31 ways you can breach into a villains lair. Perhaps there are dozens of potential partners for you to build a romantic future with. Or maybe you find yourself constantly saying “Where oh where should I plant those turnips”? In all three scenarios there is a common bond: the choice was always yours."

Additionally, The Witcher - Enhanced Edition won the "No Apologies" award:

"This award is for the game that you love unconditionally. Does it have some faults? Maybe. Do other people not understand your love for it? Sure. But make no mistake. There is no guilt here. Only pleasure."

The list of all categories and winners are here.

Great job, CD PROJEKT RED!!!! (Though maybe not as prestigious an award as others, it speaks volumes of the games' quality and popularity.)
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. Honestly, i was confused it didn't win other Steam rewards in the past, too.

Well earned!
Post edited January 04, 2018 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I did my part! Nice to see someone call it The Witcher and not "The Witcher 1" like some console boy retard. Sorry, pet peeve.
darthspudius: I did my part! Nice to see someone call it The Witcher and not "The Witcher 1" like some console boy retard. Sorry, pet peeve.
It's ok, it'll be renamed The Witcher IV when they announce the prequel trilogy.
I'm glad The Witcher won. I never understood why some people didn't liked it. I still like its combat more than the one from The Witcher 2.
Just Cause 3 beat Broforce?!

I honestly voted Huniepop in No Apologies.
Post edited January 04, 2018 by pmcollectorboy
blotunga: I'm glad The Witcher won. I never understood why some people didn't liked it. I still like its combat more than the one from The Witcher 2.
This.

Although Witcher winning Steam Awards feels a bit like Usain Bolt winning paralympics.
blotunga: I'm glad The Witcher won. I never understood why some people didn't liked it. I still like its combat more than the one from The Witcher 2.
I never liked it but I'm not giving up yet. I needed to start the 1st few C&C games a dozen games before I went from thinking they were shit to thinking they were masterpieces.
blotunga: I'm glad The Witcher won. I never understood why some people didn't liked it.
I never knew that there are people that don't like The Witcher. I mean it's one of the best story-driven RPG's ever.
I voted for them too.

.. but I was actually more surprised to see that TW3 is still one of the best selling games for 2017 on Steam (well, now with higher discounts of course), one might conclude that great games don't need DRM to be successful ;)
The gameplay got progressively worse as the series progressed. The combat in 1 was unusual, but it worked. 2 was a mishmash between an RPG and an action game, but it kind of worked. 3 was just a mess in combat. Still liked the latter games, but man did the actual mechanics hamper the experience.
Breja: This.

Although Witcher winning Steam Awards feels a bit like Usain Bolt winning paralympics.
Actually that's The Witcher 3. I have to say, it's the best game I've ever played so far.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. Honestly, i was confused it didn't win other Steam rewards in the past, too.

Well earned!
I don't understand why it wasn't nominated to more awards :D. For example the soundtrack is awesome, even though I've finished the game quite some time ago, I still listen to it sometimes.
Post edited January 04, 2018 by blotunga
blotunga: I don't understand why it wasn't nominated to more awards :D. For example the soundtrack is awesome, even though I've finished the game quite some time ago, I still listen to it sometimes.
You bet! I even bought the concert full price, recently!

https://www.gog.com/movie/video_game_show_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_concert

One of the best purchases i ever made!
Post edited January 04, 2018 by KiNgBrAdLeY7