It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This all started when my pc update on june 18 2016 with windows 10.Checked in task manager.
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+ 2.30ghz
4gb ram
nvidia 9600 gt
The pc is from 2009 i think.It also says biostar when i turn it on

So using my old pc now with windows xp since the newer pc currently needs 4 to 5 hours to turn on and then still lags too much,but i already turned off in services superfetch,also had to disable windows installer module,turned off show tips about windows and windows search.

Think i even tried safe boot with networking but i don't know why it doesn't go into safe boot or is it safe booting and is still doing it too long.

Tips i found i should use is turn off backround intelegence service still didn't do that one,disable prefetch in regedit set it to 0.
Anymore tips before i try to fix.
Hope it isn't avira antivirus fault.
Want to try as many solutions as possible.Or just give it to the guy who my uncle gave to it.Think he updated windows 10 from 7 or maybe 8?(when uncle still had it he only had win xp on it)It also it says my windows is activated but also said i have some error and it's only activated to 2016 1 november.What is up with that??
Post edited June 20, 2016 by Fonzer
I've had this, however not with W10. It was always related to Malwarebytes or the windows antimalware service and always at the startup.
neurasthenya: I've had this, however not with W10. It was always related to Malwarebytes or the windows antimalware service and always at the startup.
Well i do have free version of malwarebytes installed but i don't think it's running unless i run it's exe.

It also it says my windows is activated but also said i have some error and it's only activated to 2016 1 november.What is up with that??
This is because you are using an insider build instead of the stable build. Insider builds have expiration date.

About your main problem, in W10 hight disk usage or hight CPU usage can mean a conflict with the compressed memory, try disabling virtual memory (compressed memory is attached to it) to see if this solve your problem. After this you need to stop all no-ms background process, and start then again one by one to find what is the problematic.

At last resource, if you not mind reinstalling all again, go to settings - Update and Security - Restore - Restore this PC.

Elsewhere, the best is that you install the stable build, insiders builds are only for testing, and their can give troubles such the one that you are suffering.
Post edited June 20, 2016 by DalekSec
Does the task manager not tell you which processes are taking up all your memory?

It sounds like an anti virus thing... that's why I don't use them, they usually end up making your computer run like treacle with constant updates and scans...
neurasthenya: I've had this, however not with W10. It was always related to Malwarebytes or the windows antimalware service and always at the startup.
Fonzer: Well i do have free version of malwarebytes installed but i don't think it's running unless i run it's exe.
Try and see if there's an option "scan at startup" or something like that, IIRC it was an issue with that, but I can't remember if the free version has this or not.

Also, like adalia just said, check the task manager.
Post edited June 20, 2016 by neurasthenya
adaliabooks: Does the task manager not tell you which processes are taking up all your memory?
Most hard disk usage processes don't exceed 0.1mb/s the stronger yellow to orange colours only happen at system and compressed memory and avira.Though why the problem now with newest update?
Post edited June 20, 2016 by Fonzer
You are using Insider preview build and from the looks of it not even a legal copy?.
Latest fast ring update hasn't got a HDD 100% issue anymore, they lost it 2-3 builds ago. (after all those bugfixing marathons). You shouldn't even be using Insider buids if you can't program and test.
It should show something like this on your PC desktop. No date as you can see.

Sometimes the HDD 100% usage is caused by indexing service. Also if you are using HDD I sugeest re-enabling Superfetch, not needed with SSD-s but HDD-s are shit and slow (SSD-s for everyday usage and tape for backups people.)

Just try a reinstall. First turn off Insider preview. Then do as DalekSec said. You can even choose an option to reinstall Windows while keeping your files (programs will still be uninstalled and save games with them/depends where the savegames are located)
Attachments:
Post edited June 20, 2016 by dewtech
dewtech: You are using Insider preview build and from the looks of it not even a legal copy?.
Latest fast ring update hasn't got a HDD 100% issue anymore, they lost it 2-3 builds ago. (after all those bugfixing marathons). You shouldn't even be using Insider buids if you can't program and test.
Mine doesn't say anything about an insider preview build it does say i could join it somewhere.Don't know why but my the error and date wasn't always the case it only showed up recently,i already seen that my windows was activated without the date next to it,then one update i also had 100% disk usage problems which was on may 10, i tried restoring it to an earlier point of windows but it didn't work and i had to restore it back to it's original form,from then i couldn't see my activation menu.Now i can see it but the date is new to me.
dewtech: You are using Insider preview build and from the looks of it not even a legal copy?.
Fonzer: Mine doesn't say anything about an insider preview build it does say i could join it somewhere.Don't know why but my the error and date wasn't always the case it only showed up recently,i already seen that my windows was activated without the date next to it,then one update i also had 100% disk usage problems which was on may 10, i tried restoring it to an earlier point of windows but it didn't work and i had to restore it back to it's original form,from then i couldn't see my activation menu.Now i can see it but the date is new to me.
Should be something like this, digital entitlement etc.
If it doesn't show that then try the reinstalling, as the date shouldn't be visible unless you used a program to show it.
the 100% hdd issue may be ngen.exe aswell. When Microsoft updates .Net framework libraries it always tries to reoptimize those. To force it to do it and not have it do it in the background:
1. Open cmd.exe as admin
2. Go to Microsoft.NET folder in Windows folder
3. There should be a few folders, but Framework and Framework64 are ones you want.
4. For example i open cmd and then enter "cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319" -> "ngen.exe executequeueditems" ->it optimizes its shit. Then I enter "cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" -> "ngen.exe executequeueditems"
I can't promise anything, but sometimes it helps if you are using a shitty old hard drive which dies when things try to run in parallel.
Attachments:
meh.png (49 Kb)

Sometimes the HDD 100% usage is caused by indexing service. Also if you are using HDD I sugeest re-enabling Superfetch, not needed with SSD-s but HDD-s are shit and slow (SSD-s for everyday usage and tape for backups people.)

Just try a reinstall. First turn off Insider preview. Then do as DalekSec said. You can even choose an option to reinstall Windows while keeping your files (programs will still be uninstalled and save games with them/depends where the savegames are located)
So final windows update no more 100% disk usage problem with system and compressed memory ? ? ?

sulc84: So final windows update no more 100% disk usage problem with system and compressed memory ? ? ?
Not fianl build, i am using fast ring builds. With the one that came 2 weeks back I didnt get that problem anymore. It seems to be aproblem with people who use shitty 5400rpm hard drives. Those are worthless anyway

Goddamnit, so hard to type while playing a game.

But as always YMMV, just all the computers I've seen with that problem have a reaaally slow and/or shitty hdd.
I had this when I was modding Skyrim and something caused 100% constant disk usage for 4+ hours. It almost killed my HDD and it refused to be recognized but after it miraculously booted the next morning I cleared out my mods and the HDD I thought was gonna go belly up is still running fine.
Shadowstalker16: I had this when I was modding Skyrim and something caused 100% constant disk usage for 4+ hours. It almost killed my HDD and it refused to be recognized but after it miraculously booted the next morning I cleared out my mods and the HDD I thought was gonna go belly up is still running fine.
Sounds like antivirus scanning large archives (unpacks it, then scans the files inside it).
Shadowstalker16: I had this when I was modding Skyrim and something caused 100% constant disk usage for 4+ hours. It almost killed my HDD and it refused to be recognized but after it miraculously booted the next morning I cleared out my mods and the HDD I thought was gonna go belly up is still running fine.
dewtech: Sounds like antivirus scanning large archives (unpacks it, then scans the files inside it).
Yes that may have been it, I recall one huge pack of files I downloaded after which the insanity began. Thanks lol, now I'm not gonna touch that one.