It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

snowkatt: how very ...apple in their minimalism
But we haven't seen the other sides of the box yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXnJraKM3k

:P
Post edited July 19, 2015 by xSinghx
filintorodrigues: dont Forget you already bought a PC........ahahahahah.
Not long ago i managed to convince the neighbors to return the Windows 8 machine they got, which was like $600... I went on newegg, got a workable system they could use for $100 which had Win7 Home (i only charged them for cost). They were much happier with it... (Then again i'm sure an egg sandwich would have been better than Win 8...)

So don't forget, almost all of the user agreements include the line (paraphrased): If you don't agree with the EULA 100% return it for a refund!
snowkatt:
Snowkatt. i am nervous. My Windows update keeps showing this Windows 10 related thing. (linked image)

I don't want to accidently update my computer and when I turn it back on it became Windows 10.
Attachments:
snowkatt:
Elmofongo: Snowkatt. i am nervous. My Windows update keeps showing this Windows 10 related thing. (linked image)

I don't want to accidently update my computer and when I turn it back on it became Windows 10.
I uninstall KB3035583 patch on my window 7 machine and it won't bother me with such dangerous things again.

https://techjourney.net/disable-remove-get-windows-10-upgrade-reservation-notification-system-tray-icon/
Looks like another skip for me. Seems that Microsoft got so disconnected of what the market actually wants that they are delusional. Two OS that were a fiasco in sales and failed to replace their Win7 and Win XP. A subscription based Office that is losing against free alternatives or the older offline versions. All for the sake of cornering the mobile market, which is clearly dominated by now by iOS and Android... Meanwhile MS fails to understand that people with desktop PC are not the idiots MS thinks they are.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by wolfsrain
wolfsrain: Looks like another skip for me. Seems that Microsoft got so disconnected of what the market actually wants that they are delusional. Two OS that were a fiasco in sales and failed to replace their Win7 and Win XP. A subscription based Office that is losing against free alternatives or the older offline versions. All for the sake of cornering the mobile market, which is clearly dominated by now by iOS and Android... Meanwhile MS fails to understand that people with desktop PC are not the idiots MS thinks they are.
For real? I can understand the gripe with Office 365, for I hate it with passion as well.

But this Windows 10 and its offer are real gems. It's the best thing since sliced bread THIS year.

Windows 7 will die, and Windows 10 will pave the way.
Elmofongo: Snowkatt. i am nervous. My Windows update keeps showing this Windows 10 related thing. (linked image)

Gnostic: I uninstall KB3035583 patch on my window 7 machine and it won't bother me with such dangerous things again.

https://techjourney.net/disable-remove-get-windows-10-upgrade-reservation-notification-system-tray-icon/
Or can I just not update it and wait for the release day? And afterwards the thing will not give me Windows 10 for free?

I have not reserved it.
MS has already confirmed Windows 10 will get the same coverage as far as updates as every other Windows OS. 5 years of main stream support and 5 years of extended support, making it 10 years total for security fixes.

Not sure why this is still an issue...
BKGaming: Not sure why this is still an issue...
Because facts don't get clicks, while sensational (and unproved) titles do.
JMich: Because facts don't get clicks, while sensational (and unproved) titles do.
Bascially Gawker's motto.
JMich: Because facts don't get clicks, while sensational (and unproved) titles do.
That like those titles saying "You can't disable updates in Windows 10"... then why are my updates disabled? That right because I actually checked it out and found there was an option to disable them by setting my connection to metered. Which is great and basically what I wanted.

1. I can wait to make sure no massive issues are reported.

2. I can wait until my unlimited period for my ISP kicks in.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by BKGaming
zeroxxx: Windows 7 will die, and Windows 10 will pave the way.
That is what they are looking for. They don't want people hanging around an OS that is "good enough". That costed them the Windows 8 and Vista.

If they want to make money from their refugees, now on Windows 7, they will provide some good incentive form them to move, and try to make some money on the long run.
zeroxxx: Windows 7 will die, and Windows 10 will pave the way.
Gede: That is what they are looking for. They don't want people hanging around an OS that is "good enough". That costed them the Windows 8 and Vista.

If they want to make money from their refugees, now on Windows 7, they will provide some good incentive form them to move, and try to make some money on the long run.
They will probably make it so new games only run on Windows 10.
Whether or not the article is true I'm sticking with Linux either way.... I don't trust Micro$oft.

P.S. And besides I already don't like the direction Windows is going. Ever since Windows 8.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
This is something many people are speculating about because online-all-the-time is trend. BUT this is a very "first-world" perspective. Microsoft deals with a world wide audience and trying to do something like this has many hurdles.

Very interesting to see how this develops next year.