It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

filintorodrigues: Hey i would like that Windows 10 to have 2 business models.

1- Free with some small ads in some Windows.

2- 20 $ Free of ads
Its free without ads. Is that enough?

2- 20 $ Free of ads
Elenarie: Its free without ads. Is that enough?
Only if you already own a copy of 7 or later, but that's just about everybody. Just OSX users and people that build their own computers.

Still, I'm not really sure that free is cheap enough if the preview is any indication. My god is it ugly and I'm not really seeing any benefit on my computer. Still, I'll be updating just because it's going to be good to have running in my VM when I need to use Windows only software.

2- 20 $ Free of ads
I dont know if i dont pay a product.....it is free.......ok?
filintorodrigues: I dont know if i dont pay a product.....it is free.......ok?
It is in their interest. Less <10 users, less support for <10 OSes. More 10 users, higher dev exposure for 10, higher business opportunities with 10.
filintorodrigues: I dont know if i dont pay a product.....it is free.......ok?
Elenarie: It is in their interest. Less <10 users, less support for <10 OSes. More 10 users, higher dev exposure for 10, higher business opportunities with 10.
Right and that's why companies like MS turn a relatively blind eye to individuals pirating their software. They do derive some benefit from just having more people using it.

That being said, Windows 10 appears to be a loser. I doubt most people would be willing to pay to update to it if they had to pay. The performance enhancements appear to be nice, but the UI still seems to be a nightmare.

On the plus side, I think there should be few if any compatibility problems, so it could be a lot worse. Still, I don't think it's going to be as good as 7 was.
RTM was just released to Insiders.
Gilozard: Stealing mobile devices is very easy
real.geizterfahr: Yes, you're right. Hackers can steal your smartphone, copy your fingerprints, hack into your network and log in to your PC with fake fingerprints. Ethan Hunt will be excited...

Gilozard: Facial recognition cameras on some smartphones has been fooled by photos.
real.geizterfahr: That's why you have to use this special camera that knows the difference between a photo and a human being, instead of your smartphone ;)

Gilozard: Also, relying on a connected device to remain secure from remote threats is simply not a good plan.
real.geizterfahr: A better plan than to rely on a multi billion dollar company's servers. They get hacked all the time (Ubisoft, Blizzard, PSN, etc.).
Automated remote login malware already exists. Adapting it to fingerprint data is literally script kiddy territory. Hacking into PCs is a multibillion dollar industry with literally uncountable numbers of players, there's huge motivation to get into whatever PCs one can for identity theft, etc. You act like this is some kind of unreachable sci-fi daydream, but the technology and will to do this basically exist today.

Like I said - cameras have been and will continue to be beaten. And it's not really possible to get a new face without extensive plastic surgery. Plus there's the issue of false negatives - how will hair dye impact this? If cameras are set up to allow for hair dying or minor plastic surgery than the security parameters can't be that strict. There are all of these issues that I don't really see anyone discussing, but could significantly hamper either user experience or device security.

You're setting up a false dichotomy. There's no need to rely on local or remote biometrics - there's no reason to rely on biometrics at all. They're a fundamentally flawed method for security.

There's no need to rely on remote authentication of any kind, period. MS is pushing that because they want to lock people into the MS ecosystem, just like Google and Apple want to lock users into their ecosystems, and having a device-agnostic user and software licenses is part of that. It's a horrible idea for many security reasons, but consumers have demonstrated that so long as lack of security doesn't impact them personally they prioritize features so MS really doesn't care about security any more. Apple is the only OS maker who does seem to, but that's solely because it's become a feature they can market.
Post edited July 15, 2015 by Gilozard
hedwards: Only if you already own a copy of 7 or later, but that's just about everybody. Just OSX users and people that build their own computers.

Still, I'm not really sure that free is cheap enough if the preview is any indication. My god is it ugly and I'm not really seeing any benefit on my computer. Still, I'll be updating just because it's going to be good to have running in my VM when I need to use Windows only software.
I would like that Microsoft put Windows 10 in full O.S.version.......not just for owners of Windows 7.........
Some recent articles about Win10 on The Register:

We tried using Windows 10 for real work and ... oh, the horror

Run Windows 10 on your existing PC you say, Microsoft? Hmmm.

Windows 10 will update LIKE IT or NOT &ndash; unless you have Enterprise Edition
filintorodrigues: I would like that Microsoft put Windows 10 in full O.S.version.......not just for owners of Windows 7.........
http://www.neowin.net/news/images-of-windows-10-box-art-make-their-way-to-the-internet
adamhm: ...
Getting tech news from The Register.

Kek!
Post edited July 16, 2015 by Elenarie
Elenarie: It is in their interest. Less <10 users, less support for <10 OSes. More 10 users, higher dev exposure for 10, higher business opportunities with 10.
hedwards: Right and that's why companies like MS turn a relatively blind eye to individuals pirating their software. They do derive some benefit from just having more people using it.

That being said, Windows 10 appears to be a loser. I doubt most people would be willing to pay to update to it if they had to pay. The performance enhancements appear to be nice, but the UI still seems to be a nightmare.

On the plus side, I think there should be few if any compatibility problems, so it could be a lot worse. Still, I don't think it's going to be as good as 7 was.
Sometimes i receive UPDATES and all i see is problems......for exemple i bought modern combat 5 blackout on Windows store......then one day.....the app was offered free with an update......and the game become far worse then the original that i bought in the past.........
snowkatt: it may mean nothing but if it is a subscription OS after all can anybody honestly say they are surprised at this ?
That was my first thought after hearing a rumour that Windows 10 will be the last sold Windows version and improved only by updates from now on. It seems very unlike Microsoft to renounce selling new Windows versions and only provide a free update service to their OS, and they already made Word subscription based.

I probably won't upgrade to Win 10 anytime soon though. Seeing the new start menu with attached tiles seems to confirm my suspicions that Microsoft doesn't really try to understand its user base. Did anyone who preferred the old start menu actually want it to be bloated with attached tiles? Did anyone who appreciated the advantages of the metro screen actually want the tiles shoved into a drop down menu instead? It seems to me that this only makes matters worse for both sides; those who hated the new metro screen and those who were glad to get rid of the chaotic old start menu will now both have to deal with an ugly compromise instead of getting a choice between the two ...
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Leroux
for those interested here is what the windows 10 retail dvd and usb boxes will look like

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/07/heres-what-windows-10s-dvd-and-usb-packaging-will-look-like/

how very ...apple in their minimalism

personalyl i do not plan to upgrade to windows 10 any time soon windows 7 will be supported untill 2020
so i have 5 years to weigh up my option
Sounds like these subscriptions rumours go back quite a long time:
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990104
Your wrong if you buy a PC you will get a full version of Windows 10.........if you already have a PC with some other Windows you will get an update....if your version of the old Windows is original....maybe they make a version with ads for people with pirates versions of Windows in old PCs........if you have a pirated version of Windows and want a version of Windows original.....maybe Microsoft could make a sheep version for you......dont Forget you already bought a PC........ahahahahah.