It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Inspired by the What was your favorite game played in 2022? thread from user kai2.

Any games you disliked or even hated so much you stopped playing? What was the straw that broke the camels back?

For me it was The Knight Witch, I initially had a lot of fun with the game, but towards the end I just wanted the game to end for a multitude of reasons.

I bought Postal 4, but that game was simply dull and only a minor offense. :P
That's a tough one, because I try so many games in a year and abandon a lot of them after only a few minutes in, then forget all about them. I did post two times in the "Games Quit in 2022" thread this year (Legend of Kay - camera issues, Wallace and Gromit Episode 1 - hotspot issues), only to eat my words and finish them regardless afterwards. Well, almost, the last boss fight in Legend of Kay caused me to quit for good, but I still consider the game completed in a "I've seen everything it has to offer" way. So there are some aggravating things about it, but I wouldn't say Legend of Kay is the least liked game I played, because I also liked a lot about it.

I did give Ori and the Blind Forest another try this year, finally overcame the sequence that made me quit last time, and then there was another one like it just after that, and I lost interest again. I might even have beat it before I took a break, I don't recall, but it soured the experience for me. It's just not my idea of fun to memorize each step of what I need to do in the next half minute or so and then execute it flawlessly with little margin for error. It's doable but tedious and boring. Still, it's also not a game I dislike per se.

So if I look at the list of games I finished in 2022, I guess the most notable and interesting fail was Say No! More, and here's why. It had an interesting premise but then went wrong with it in every possible way.
Post edited December 07, 2022 by Leroux
Happens to me a lot as well, sometimes I'll even slog through a boring game just to see if something interesting happens or new mechanics get introduced to spice the gameplay up, but in most cases I've been disappointed.

I'll add Neptunia x Senran Kagura to my list of games I didn't like, the combat is simply too...simplistic, all you do is mash the same button. I still play it, but I can only play it in short bursts, it gets repetitive way too fast.
VirtuaVerse takes the throne, hands down. Thankfully it was a GOG freebie.

The game is the epitome of everyhting bad in the genre: terrible plot, moon logic everywhere, pixel hunts. It takes itself too seriously to be comedy but it's to dumb to be serious... imagine Deponia, only this one has the protagonist spreading misery not out of a deliberate comedic choice but out of sheer stupidity.
The most fitting example: you won't rummage in a bin to get your electrical component back because a hobo is guarding it saying it's his own, so what do you do? You hook him on drugs to make him unresponsive and search the bin.
Later you'll have somebody indirectly killed to steal his ID rather than pickopcketing or outright robbing him. WHAT. THE HELL.

The devs should go to a therapist.
Post edited December 08, 2022 by Enebias