It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you enjoy swimming or surfing? If not, then maybe beaches aren't your cup of tea. I've lived in Hawaii all my life, and while I don't swim or surf, I enjoy relaxing and gazing out at the ocean. It's a shame that I don't head out to the beach more often. It's currently getting chillier and rainier over here, so I'm not sure I'd urge anyone to book a Hawaiian vacation right away.

What are some activities you'd consider mentally-stimulating?

Have you considered Las Vegas?
lanipcga: Do you enjoy swimming or surfing? If not, then maybe beaches aren't your cup of tea. I've lived in Hawaii all my life, and while I don't swim or surf, I enjoy relaxing and gazing out at the ocean. It's a shame that I don't head out to the beach more often. It's currently getting chillier and rainier over here, so I'm not sure I'd urge anyone to book a Hawaiian vacation right away.

What are some activities you'd consider mentally-stimulating?

Have you considered Las Vegas?
I do like swimming and snorkeling, but these activities, fun as they are, last a few hours tops. And yea, I'm certainly not above staring at the ocean and relaxing, but that too can't last very long.

I like learning the most, but also exploring or searching for something, physical activities, and, of course, experiencing something new. I equally enjoyed the British Museum, climbing a mountain in Utah, gathering forest mushrooms in Estonia, and walking around the old city in Jerusalem. Each of these takes all day, which is how I like it.

And yea, I've been to Vegas, but since I don't actually get excited by gambling it's a sort of place that I'd only visit once. Plus it's a 6 hour drive from me, so not really a cool vacation spot.

I appreciate the idea, though! Keep 'em coming! =)
Post edited November 12, 2017 by Alaric.us
Alaric.us: My stocks are preforming far better than expected. I'm thinking I should maybe take a bit of time off and take a nice vacation somewhere warm. (...)
Use the power of compound interest - reinvest!
ciemnogrodzianin: Use the power of compound interest - reinvest!
This is good advice, but I'm well on track when it comes to my investments. Sure, I can always have more, but it wouldn't be good to forego the pleasures of life in favor of watching a number grow. =)
About to head into work, and I'll be home in 6 hours. Shortish shift today, so while I'm making money, I'll have the afternoon to myself.
I purchased -and played through- "Thomas Was Alone" and its DLC on PS3. I had already played the game on PC, and it's fairly short, so I blasted through the main game quite quickly, but I hadn't played the extra levels (before today I didn't even know there existed a DLC/patch with extra levels).
baby belly laughs
Alaric.us: Are you really from Australia
Yes.

Alaric.us: If you really are a local, tell me what makes it worth the flight?
Apart from getting to meet me?

Really depends on the sort of things you like, that's one of the great things about Australia, it's a huge continent and varied.

Great Barrier Reef, Great Ocean Road, Uluru, Kakadu, Lord Howe Island and there's heaps of awesome national parks.
I've been to Austrailia, both Sydney, love the opera house, and Perth, the Best part about seeing Austrailia was seeing the wildlife and metting ALL the people I could, from the Aborigines to Jeremy Renner. It was fun as hell to watch a friend of mine get his butt whipped by a kangaroo that he got to close to and startled, later I got to pet and hand feed the same kangaroo, guess they are good judges of character LOL. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Dejavous: I've been to Austrailia
I'd love to visit the US, you guys have the best roadside diners and titty bars.

Go for a whole year and just drive around eating and looking at boobies.
Dejavous: I've been to Austrailia
Kleetus: I'd love to visit the US, you guys have the best roadside diners and titty bars.

Go for a whole year and just drive around eating and looking at boobies.
meh, it gets old after a week or so, all that silicone... Give me a lady, real, honest, and true to herself, anytime over the fake, gravity defying, teases.
Killing zombie-nazis*.

* i.e. playing Necrovision: Lost Company
ciemnogrodzianin: Killing zombie-nazis*.

* i.e. playing Necrovision: Lost Company
Have you ever seen "An Amerian Werewolf in London"?

There is a famous scene in it fans refer to as the "Nazi Zombie" scene though John Landis admitted he had neither Nazis nor Zombies in mind when he wrote and filmed it. :P
tinyE: There is a famous scene in it fans refer to as the "Nazi Zombie" scene though John Landis admitted he had neither Nazis nor Zombies in mind when he wrote and filmed it. :P
If you mean this scene - well, now I know why I have never watched the movie. And now I don't regret! ;)

(his intentions do not matter here - they are objectively ugly zombie nazis) :)
Today, I find out that my town has a real ramen place. Supper: decided.