It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Took my daily 3 mile walk roundtrip to welcome the new day here, giving my thanks to Mother Nature for so generously bestowing her blessings on these sainted shores, with my flora and fauna best friends, who are as happy to see me as I am to see them. They can only be themselves, simple and honest, with no pretense. I much prefer them to 2-legged animals, who are lost in space with their hand-held gizmos they can't be without for one waking moment.
Attachments:
tsi.jpg (469 Kb)
What a week... Finally Friday?! Y-E-S!! :)

GamezRanker: Got a new comp-u-mo-tron unit.

It has better specs, so I can play some games I coudn't before(and some others at better quality
levels)....also with an SSD(instead of HDD) the speed improvement is noticable and very much welcome :)
Whohohohoho! A new toy!! Ufff... endless opportunities ahead :)
Congrats GamezRanker!! Please have tons of fun memories with the new friend :)
A longtime buddy of mine was feeling at his lowest and I was actually very concerned about his safety and mental health. I was happy to have finally convinced him to pick up his phone, after many text messages (he lives many hours away, so visiting him was not an option). I let him get all his crap off his chest. Listened to him and said little. He was quite grateful of the chat and I was happy that he was feeling better.
matterbandit: A longtime buddy of mine was feeling at his lowest and I was actually very concerned about his safety and mental health. I was happy to have finally convinced him to pick up his phone, after many text messages (he lives many hours away, so visiting him was not an option). I let him get all his crap off his chest. Listened to him and said little. He was quite grateful of the chat and I was happy that he was feeling better.
You probably won't be told enough, but you seem a treasure of a friend. :)
matterbandit: A longtime buddy of mine was feeling at his lowest and I was actually very concerned about his safety and mental health. I was happy to have finally convinced him to pick up his phone, after many text messages (he lives many hours away, so visiting him was not an option). I let him get all his crap off his chest. Listened to him and said little. He was quite grateful of the chat and I was happy that he was feeling better.
ConsulCaesar: You probably won't be told enough, but you seem a treasure of a friend. :)
I second this. I've been thinking the same thing for a while now.

There's an instance on what made you sad thread where he felt 'insecure' and 'inadequate' when he compared himself with his friends.
But I was like: "Eh? then why would they need you to proof-read their documents despite their achievements? You probably have some expertise on the matter… and even if we toss that out, the fact that your friends relies on you and trust your opinions and judgements speaks volumes."

I wouldn't dare call someone like that 'inadequate'…
ConsulCaesar mentioned 'treasure', and treasures are 'valuable'…

―――――――――― ―――――――――― ――――――――――
ConsulCaesar: You probably won't be told enough, but you seem a treasure of a friend. :)
I'm sure many more did noticed, but I'm glad someone finally said it.

Guess I have an excuse to post here now:
This made me happy (heh). :)
When I arrived home from work, my cat was waiting for me at the door. He always looks forward to meeting me at the door.
redvelvet1: When I arrived home from work, my cat was waiting for me at the door. He always looks forward to meeting me at the door.
I had the same experience with my neighbor's goats the other day. They moved out of the way as I entered the street so I could park the car, then they walked up to me and wanted a petting. Incredibly wholesome. There's a ton of obvious downsides with having goats around the property, but sometimes I forget it all.
Lazarus_03: I wouldn't dare call someone like that 'inadequate'…
ConsulCaesar mentioned 'treasure', and treasures are 'valuable'…
Wasn't sure how to respond to that, that's why I took my time. xD Thanks for the very kind words! The both of you!! :) But I think it comes naturally to want to reach out to someone you care about that appears to be desperate and in serious crisis, no? What I mean is that I didn't think twice about it because I have been in his shoes in the past and I know what it's like to feel overwhelmed, alone and defeated. I was just very worried about him and I still am, actually.

As for my insecurities: they surface once in a while. As a child and teenager, I had severe low self-esteem for like 90% of the time. Now, I am much, much, much better! :) But, once in a blue moon, that old monster that kicked me down throughout my youth would surface again. The monster will never totally go away, but at least I've got it on a tight leash now. LOL!
That person who now has a special place in my heart cared so much for my well-being that she called the police, paramedics, and firefighters because I didn't answer the door. She told me afterwards that she tried for 1 1/2 hours to reach out to me, banging on the front door, calling me, texting me until she got so worried that she decided it was time to call in for help.

I was lucky to wake up in time to open up; the firefighters already had their protective helmets on and the visors down, ready to bash in a window to get inside. Seeing all those people standing at my porch was a shock after just getting up and going down to take a look who's making all that noise.

All of this happened just because I mixed up the days for our planned meeting this week. My smartphone was silenced, the room I was sleeping in lies at the back of the house on the first floor, I was up all night and went to bed early in the morning. I am hard of hearing, and I have a medical condition, so everything kind of came together and ended in relief on all sides involved.

Words fail to express how good it feels inside, and it really makes me cry writing about this experience—an emotion I haven't experienced in a very long time. So it's all the more precious and will be remembered for a very long time. Even though she doesn't know it, the person who's done this for me will be in for a three course dinner and a nice present, and the EMR and firefighters will receive a donation as thanks for their service.

And even though it isn't much, here are some codes for games to brighten someone else's day:
King's Bounty The Legend
FC6C7-9XXXX-78FD4-7XX1D
-------------A76C------------F6-----

Hero of the Kingdom II
7XXXX-72XXB-B5CEE-FB4A5
--84A4-----4A-----------------------

Book of Eschalon II
BDB6E-4XXXX-24961-F16XX
------------6B42-----------------E5

Figment
AFABB-FXXXX-32FE6-535E4
-------------2FFC--------------------

Deep Sky Derelicts
5XXXX-XX2FB-CB186-A9D3E
-68C8--F8--------------------------
Post edited September 07, 2023 by Mori_Yuki
Been cooped indoors due to a busted left knee. Not sure yet of the cause. I can walk, but like an injured penguin. :/ Was invited to join a good buddy of mine for coffee. I was so happy of the invite! :D I needed to step out of my place and get some face-to-face time.
I finally made a tattoo. I was looking for reputable brands known for producing high-quality tattoo machines and I found site with all info here https://ctmtattoo.com/best-tattoo-ink/. When it comes to tattoing it's better to read reviews and ask for recommendations from other tattoo artists or enthusiasts. Choosing the best tattoo machine is crucial for both tattoo artists and those looking to get tattoos.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by tonnyys
I checked in on my Beyond 2 Souls review and slightly more than half of those weighing in liked it.
Finding 32bit installers on GOG!
I finally finished and submitted my entry for a DTIYS (Draw This In Your Style) challenge about 20 minutes-ish before the deadline.
Just completed the vanilla Dawn of War 1's campaign on normal difficulty (I don't think I'll be touching the hard difficulty anytime soon), and I have to say it was a really challenging campaign. At first (the first few missions out of 11), I was a little stagnant or I guess conservative in terms of my choice of units I sent to the battlefield, however as I progressed through the missions, I was slowly expanding on the variety of units I play as I tried to deploy other units that I hadn't made an effort in using.

I guess this was also due to the difficulty aspect of the game as the game would sometimes force you to capture objectives that are far away from one another thus spreading your forces to be quite thin, made worse by the fact that those captured objectives would require defending as the enemy would send their units to retake those points. The Orks were a challenge, Eldars worse, and the Chaos the worst. The Eldars would literally spam you with their tanks, giving you a hard time defending. So my solution was to quickly find their base buildings that are responsible for their creation, or just their bases in general. As for the Chaos, I freaking hate their teleport devices! Like they would keep spawning new units near you unless you go destroy the base building responsible for teleporting them. This was a nightmare in mission 9.

That said, the last mission (mission 11), or I guess the last two missions (10 and 11), were relatively less stressful than mission 9 mainly because the objectives were not about capturing, but eliminating a certain target in addition to destroying the units of the opposing force. For me, I don't see this as a bad thing since I really needed that respite after clearing a level like mission 9, and so those last two missions were a welcome surprise to me. Lastly I guess people would have different experiences regarding the last mission as the mission would literally task you to kill a giant daemon, which I initially found myself struggling since you need to keep your forces always on the move (a hit and run tactic) due to the high health that the final boss has. My solution, apart from the hit and run tactic I mentioned, was to also have your Servitors build Heavy Bolter Turrets (be sure to upgrade them too) near your Strategic Points, and have the rest of your attacking units travel past those turrets as they run from the final boss. The giant daemon would then be occupied with dealing with the turrets, which then opened up the opportunity for your units to attack that daemon.

Funny thing, the final boss got stuck to a hill (since I constructed one of my Heavy Bolter Turrets hugging one of the hills), and that allowed me to have my units have an easy kill from there LOL. In the end, my experience with this game has been really good. And I'm quite happy that I didn't need to look up on Google for some guides on how to finish the missions throughout the whole campaign, which made me a little proud of myself hehe.

Now, on to the next Dawn of War campaign! (which I assume is the Winter Assault one)

EDIT: My experience with the game has been good, not really good. I just remembered how much I hate the pathfinding in this game, and the zoomed in camera that the game has, making it really hard to both navigate, and multitask respectively.
Post edited October 04, 2023 by Lovstrelfra