It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Strawberries!! :) Fresh, local harvest. They are like candy!

ConsulCaesar: Woke up to some hearfelt birthday messages from friends. <3
I wish to join that heartfelt chorus and wish you a belated birthday too! :)
Post edited June 17, 2023 by matterbandit
Catventurer: I bought Veil of Darkness on GOG today, even though it's a game that I've owned for years and could never get the sound to work. I finally got to hear what the game sounds like. It's DOS music, but I'm really happy.
Ah, such memories.....I remember finding(on a seafaring site) and playing that game many years ago.....it was such fun to play. I hope you're enjoying it :)

(also be careful when searching for the werewolf ;))

-

ConsulCaesar: Woke up to some hearfelt birthday messages from friends. <3
It was/is your birthday? Happy birthday*, fren :)
(or belated birthday, if it's already passed)
Post edited June 17, 2023 by GamezRanker
Thank you guys! :)
Catventurer: I bought Veil of Darkness on GOG today, even though it's a game that I've owned for years and could never get the sound to work. I finally got to hear what the game sounds like. It's DOS music, but I'm really happy.
GamezRanker: Ah, such memories.....I remember finding(on a seafaring site) and playing that game many years ago.....it was such fun to play. I hope you're enjoying it :)

(also be careful when searching for the werewolf ;))
I know all about the werewolf or more accurately, I know who the werewolf is. :)

That reminds me that a few games that I only own as abandonware are actually on GOG. I really should upgrade to legal copies.
Catventurer: I know all about the werewolf or more accurately, I know who the werewolf is. :)
Yeah, that was one of the first things I thought about(accusing people of being the werewolf, getting attacked by said werewolf) when I hear about that game(like when GOG announced it was coming here).

Catventurer: That reminds me that a few games that I only own as abandonware are actually on GOG. I really should upgrade to legal copies.
That was what I did back when I first found GOG(in 2010).....I bought copies of several games I had only found/obtained(till that point) on "other sites". Over time, I started replacing game copies with ones from GOG(also Gamersgate and then Zoom-Platform), and the rest is history.
Happy to have had the day off work! Happy with my new summer haircut! Happy to have been invited for a dip in my friend's pool in this heat. :) Overall, quite a happy day.
Coming home to ice cream after rehearsal. (Especially nice since I play wind instruments.)
Catventurer: That reminds me that a few games that I only own as abandonware are actually on GOG. I really should upgrade to legal copies.
GamezRanker: That was what I did back when I first found GOG(in 2010).....I bought copies of several games I had only found/obtained(till that point) on "other sites". Over time, I started replacing game copies with ones from GOG(also Gamersgate and then Zoom-Platform), and the rest is history.
Unfortunately the bulk of what I do have as abandonware still only exists as abandonware thus I won't be buying it any time soon. I've replaced most of what I could already and really only have four games left. I still have some DRM casualties to get to as well as in stuff I owned on disc that won't work on Windows 10, which is why I don't buy from Steam.
Harvested the first produce of the year from my Mom's garden. ;) It was a red leaf lettuce head. Made a great salad for lunch: added sliced radishes, some mixed beans from a tin, a couple of basil leaves from my balcony, shredded aged cheddar, a splash of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. :) Lunch tastes best on one's day off from work. xD
There is the sweet fragrance of vacation time dancing in the air (cloaked in the smokey stench of wild forest fires, but why dwell on the dreadful). :D Happy not to be working during the days ahead :P
Spending time with a great buddy of mine, surrounded by wilderness and away from the heatwave. :) Terrible mobile phone reception with limited GOG access, but plenty of cherry lambic beer to go around. :P
Crystal Project getting an update that fixes a minor bug that I've encountered. (It's only a minor bug because it only causes there to be an extra text box to go through when it happens, but it can still be a minor annoyance.)

Also, Demon Lord Reincarnation looks like the sort of game I've been looking for. (Looks like a Wizardry-like with SaGa-esque growth mechanics.)
All of this violent rain, sporadic sunshine and suffocating humidity has boosted my Mom's raspberry population like crazy! Been stuffing my happy face with these squishy red candies for the past couple of days now and if this unbearable weather bares a silver lining, this is it. :P
matterbandit: All of this violent rain, sporadic sunshine and suffocating humidity has boosted my Mom's raspberry population like crazy! Been stuffing my happy face with these squishy red candies for the past couple of days now and if this unbearable weather bares a silver lining, this is it. :P
(underlining mine) And it sounds like a yummy one too :)

Me? I love many things raspberry...pies/other pastries, candies(ex: I fondly
remember these raspberry shaped gummies I used to eat when I was a kid), etc.
Post edited July 17, 2023 by GamezRanker
I finally got a new Motherboard after a whole month of waiting. The one I actually had in mind (Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X670E) was not available at all, so I was trying to get me a new Motherboard from another company, the MSI Ace. I was very lucky here because short time after it truly was arriving.

Now I am still testing and trying to get all my old system parts and all the software to work properly. So far everything was a success; however I am unable to OC the RAM to the EXPO and actually no OC is working at all (not even a minor OC, this is a premiere to me... never experienced this). Not sure the issue but the old board was working fine for about a half year till it started to become high issues with several things at once including RAM clock.

However, the new board so far ist working fine with the only exception of EXPO. I think it could even be a faulty RAM stick because this is very weird. Usually RAM are not becoming defective but nowadays everything is possible. At least the GPU RAM are even known to be one of the most sensitive hardware parts on a GPU. Maybe the new RAM technology is not sturdy anymore.

At least I can now play once again und the LEDs looks awesome here. Will have to put it into the tower but not in a hurry yet.

https:/.../ibb.co/P1V940Q
https:/.../ibb.co/f1VxsRf

Surely always useful to have lot of spare hardware parts for testing, way easier hunting down failures that way. The issue is only the price, still crazy for all the powerful hardware.

I am not sure, after all those difficulties, if i continue to use AMD hardware because i think the new platform, AM5, is some kind of prototype with many issues still not solved yet. And the price is really high, it is a expensive patform.

Maybe Intel is more failure-proof and OCing is probably not a constant issue. Even the most awesome hardware with highest efficiency is not so awesome anymore if it starts to become unstable and no OC at all... this is just a mess.

But anyway, i am still happy i finally was able to get a new PC to run and i hope i can solve this RAM issue at some point. The standard specs is terribly slow and it will affect performance, this is not a nice thing, no matter what the manufacturers got in mind (OC is only a bonus, you should never OC and bla bla bla... then simply go Intel... it seems to work there... ).

Of course, it is always the customers fault... issue solved... for those messing up stuff.
Just a ugly industry... to be honest: https:/.../www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/13r3v6z/msi_x670e_ace_new_bios_updates_cause_expo_to_be/

Maybe even the BIOS is messed up... because of AMDs issues with those volt-specs, i can not tell. Difficult matter and i would rather recommend Intel ... even if Intel hardware is a "burner". but it is probably with less troubles.

Besides, the Gigabyte motherboard-software is definitely a mess... it works a lot better on a MSI board, way easyer to configurate and the stuff works. Although, the Gigabyte BIOS got a way nicer looks... but who cares... a BIOS is something you only watch in term stuff is not working, and i hope... this is not happening a lot.

The new board surely is a step up, it makes life so much easyer being able to switch between 2 BIOS and having a Reset button attached, nice little gimmicks i do value a lot but usually only very expensive high end boards got this sort of custom. So yeah... you can simply never really save up on cash... if you do not want junk.

Just dont ask me regarding the demise of my "old board", because this will be a warranty case taking almost forever, and if i ever get it back... i will just sell it with 50% cut... i have had enough of this.
Post edited July 20, 2023 by Xeshra