It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ScotchMonkey: I only just found out that the Phoenix Down item in Final Fantasy is actually a Down ( feather) of a Phoenix.

Just thought it was some bullshit name Square came up with.
Falci: Yeah, that took me a while to figure out too, much because since English is not my mother language, I didn't associate the word down with the meaning of a feather.
I got no excuse, because I knew that down meant the feather of any given bird. Like when you buy a pillow they ask you if you want a synthetic or "Down" pillow.
ScotchMonkey: I only just found out that the Phoenix Down item in Final Fantasy is actually a Down ( feather) of a Phoenix.

At least you didn't have to figure out "FenixDown"s. (Yes, in SNES FF3, the item name was spelt with an "F" instead of a "Pho".)

SNES FF2 called the item a "[potion symbol] Life".

NES FF1 didn't have the item at all, but in Final Fantasy Legend, the item was called "REVIVE" (not to confuse it with the skill with that name, which is completely different, and, confusingly, is used by the PHOENIX monster.)
Just this evening discovered that Dan Brown's writing is like a novelisation of Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.
Reading what Loretta Lynch (US Attorney General) had to say regarding the case against North Carolina's HB2 made me really happy.
Two things:

Fired up the laptop and went to connect to the hotel wireless. Noticed a funny joke someone pulled: one of the networks in range is named FBISurveillanceVan4. lol.

And the sellers accepted our offer on their property, as is. No counter offers or nuthin'. Hell, I thought we were borderline low-balling it; I guess they just want to be done with taking care of the big place. So yeah, much of my summer is going to consist of packing, moving, and reorganizing the household and business.

And one more - this salvage job has gone super-smooth thus far so I think I'm out of here two days early. Perfect timing, so I can get started arranging inspections and such.
Possible three months left living in this retarded f**k hole, with the most unenjoyable people I think I've ever had the displeasure to know. YES!

Counting the days, no, literally. And then, ninja vanish! Faster than f**king light.

:teehee:

That's only like, two thousand more hours. :D
Post edited May 15, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Killed the moonlord, twice!
I dare not say as it would definitely upset the fanboys and fangirls but it's a very nice day at Gog.

Oh. That makes sense XD

I've been playing FF games for years and never realised this...
I just discovered that, on my Linux laptop, I can run mednafen from the console and actually expect it to work (that is, with real graphics).

This is especially nice because this particular laptop's touchpad is broken, and therefore I prefer to avoid using the GUI whenever possible. (Even before it broke, the mouse pointer had a tendency to jump around.)

Too bad Wizardry Summoner turned out to have serious issues (with the game itself, not the emulator).
One thousand, nine hundred and ninety six hours left in dumbassville. :D
Queue the Police - Every breath you take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

Of course I mean, I am thankful/happy for every breath I take but this is as close of a song as I could find. :)
A bright red star appeared in the night sky. Somewhat bigger than the usual stars that can be seen in a clear nighttime sky, without clouds and urban pollution hiding anything. It caught my eye and the hint of uneasiness its mere sight evokes, made me instantly fall in love with it. This can also be an omen. For good or bad, i cannot say. But i like it, just gazing upon it makes me happy... May this scarlet beauty turn out to be a "devil star" and be an omen for the things i wait and have wished for...
Post edited May 16, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: A bright red star appeared in the night sky. Somewhat bigger than the usual stars that can be seen in a clear nighttime sky, without clouds and urban pollution hiding anything. It caught my eye and the hint of uneasiness its mere sight evokes, made me instantly fall in love with it. This can also be an omen. For good or bad, i cannot say. But i like it, just gazing upon it makes me happy... May this scarlet beauty turn out to be a "devil star" and be an omen for the things i wait and have wished for...
It's not star but a disguised alien spaceship and they are not friendlies.
I got a one-week ban from a forum for insulting a French anti-cop. Somehow that makes me smile as I feel I just made did my duty as a citizen. :)