It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Navagon: Small yappy dogs.
PetrusOctavianus: One thing is worse than little yappers. Little yippers.
Agreed. But generally I'd include them under the umbrella of 'small yapping dogs'. We should be feeding these things to better animals*. That's the only possible reason their existence can have.

* I know that description includes cockroaches, scorpions and drop bears, but you know what I mean.
low rated
People of any gender using "he" to refer to a hypothetical person in any area
People who have problems with the word "cisgender" (it really isn't much different than words like "able-bodied", "sighted", "neurotypical", "straight" and similar terms)
Games that are sexist against female characters (Pools of Radiance and Elminage Gothic I'm looking at you, though the former could be hacked around and the latter should be easy to mod away (and, to my understanding, was removed in the game's 3DS release)).
People who defend game mechanics that are stupid. Even worse, people who defend sexist or other problematic game mechanics.
People who post in topics about game balance but refuse to have a discussion about game balance.
People who don't think people should be allowed to play female characters, as well as those who think those who play female characters should have a disadvantage in-game.
People who think someone's genitals (or chromosomes, for that matter) are the final arbitrer of that person's gender
When the spell checker marks correctly spelled words as misspelled.
People who make edits (especially major edits) to their posts without saying what changed.

Also, hearing constantly about transgender people being murdered (espeically trans women of color). Fortunately, the reports have let up a bit (I *will* post in the other topic if it happens again).
PetrusOctavianus: One thing is worse than little yappers. Little yippers.
Navagon: Agreed. But generally I'd include them under the umbrella of 'small yapping dogs'. We should be feeding these things to better animals*. That's the only possible reason their existence can have.

* I know that description includes cockroaches, scorpions and drop bears, but you know what I mean.
I think a lot of people like to own such dogs instead of other kinds of dogs because they are easier to deal with compared to bigger dogs. They are small so easy to carry and transport, their poop is probably smaller so easier to clean up. And due to their small size, I am sure these dogs are easier to clean. I don't really consider them real dogs though. More like giant hamsters that bark.
Post edited September 02, 2015 by monkeydelarge
PetrusOctavianus: or "cis" mean anyway?
I keep seeing those double bonds from organic chemistry back in school. Not sure how it can apply to gender.

What does "yipper" mean?
Post edited September 02, 2015 by ZFR
monkeydelarge: I think a lot of people like to own such dogs instead of other kinds of dogs because they are easier to deal with compared to bigger dogs. They are small so easy to carry and transport, their poop is probably smaller so easier to clean up. And due to their small size, I am sure these dogs are easier to clean. I don't really consider them real dogs though. More like giant hamsters that bark.
Hamsters are infinitely superior. That's not to say I'm a fan of hamsters. I'm not. It's just that small yappy dogs really are that low in my estimation.

If people want a pet just because of its convenience then they should think about getting a pet pebble.
ZFR: What does "yipper" mean?
It's a small yapping dog's small yapping dog. AKA pocket rat. The kind of rodent thing you see bimbos stuffing in their handbags.
Post edited September 02, 2015 by Navagon
PetrusOctavianus: or "cis" mean anyway?
ZFR: I keep seeing those double bonds from organic chemistry back in school. Not sure how it can apply to gender.
The word "transgender" came to be used to refer to people whose assigned sex and gender identity don't match.

A word was needed to refer to those whose assigned sex and gender identity *do* match. The word "normal" was not considered appropriate because using it in this context stigmatizes the minority group, in this case those that are transgender.

You may remember that chemistry has the terms "trans" (meaning across) and "cis" (meaning same side), so somebody had the idea to use the term cisgender to refer to people who aren't transgender in discussions about gander identity.
People obsessed wth gender.
low rated
People obsessed with people obsessed with gender.
PetrusOctavianus: People obsessed wth gender.
If this was the 'things that absolutely bore the shit out of you' thread I'd be seconding this.
ZFR: I keep seeing those double bonds from organic chemistry back in school. Not sure how it can apply to gender.
dtgreene: The word "transgender" came to be used to refer to people whose assigned sex and gender identity don't match.

A word was needed to refer to those whose assigned sex and gender identity *do* match. The word "normal" was not considered appropriate because using it in this context stigmatizes the minority group, in this case those that are transgender.

You may remember that chemistry has the terms "trans" (meaning across) and "cis" (meaning same side), so somebody had the idea to use the term cisgender to refer to people who aren't transgender in discussions about gander identity.
People who say that something does not have a specified value, then proceed to assign a value to it.

You're talking out of both sides of your vagina.
The cue from the OP is for pretty innocent sorts of hates, I think, so here goes: weather forecasts, at an infantile era.

The actual news had something going on for them, and so did the daily sports review - but the adults always wanted to bluaady watch those exceedingly boring weather and lotto things in-between that took up to five+ minutes or so!

Besides school sports I really cannot think of anything else, and have been found out by enough rains without an umbrella to feel quite fully vindicated! ;-)

For morally heavy topic I do think the title should be "what is your personal moral point of indignation / open wound."

Hating will hardly accomplishes anything there, even easy as it is.
dtgreene: The word "transgender" came to be used to refer to people whose assigned sex and gender identity don't match.

Emob78: People who say that something does not have a specified value, then proceed to assign a value to it.

In fact, I had been wondering what "cis gender" meant - I do buy Attitude and Têtu whenever I fly as quite some women enjoy what gay males do; or might - and vice versa. ;-)

dtgreene enlightened me: +1!

But as to you - why did you in fact show such illogical and seemingly hostile attitude to dtgreene when he/she rather made a neutral explanation, as opposed to "assigning value"?

Let it be added, I do not quite understand what "talking out of both sides of your vagina" is supposed to mean.
Emob78: People who say that something does not have a specified value, then proceed to assign a value to it.

TStael: In fact, I had been wondering what "cis gender" meant - I do buy Attitude and Têtu whenever I fly as quite some women enjoy what gay males do; or might - and vice versa. ;-)

dtgreene enlightened me: +1!

But as to you - why did you in fact show such illogical and seemingly hostile attitude to dtgreene when he/she rather made a neutral explanation, as opposed to "assigning value"?

Let it be added, I do not quite understand what "talking out of both sides of your vagina" is supposed to mean.
Dtgreene posted an opinion, not a neutral explanation. I also posted an opinion. Difference is, mine was the correct one.
PetrusOctavianus: People obsessed wth gender.
Navagon: If this was the 'things that absolutely bore the shit out of you' thread I'd be seconding this.
Yet u respond here.

In case you enjoy wage and career benefits that your homologues do not - on statistical analyses that plausibly are available to you - pity that you should cocoon in your entitlement, as opposed to care how the world might be more fair.

Did you game away with your sister? Maybe not, maybe you did not have one - okei, but a cousin surely. ;-)

And in case u might have a daughter, ever, you will be bored the shit out of that and all that, still, in case she will face the statistical patterns? ;-)

Your female gaming friends are neutral about rolling a male hero, any time, always, as opposed to having an adapted gaming immersion?

All of the above is a bit tied to the gender - and I dare say as much relevant. Your boredom is likely a case of intellectual dishonesty.
The political spectrum. Conservatives live in the past and liberals don't know what world they live in. Just my 2 cents.