It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok. Let's see who knows this.
Attachments:
cylon.jpg (45 Kb)
Lifthrasil: Ok. Let's see who knows this.
Would that be Gort from "The Day the Earth Stood Still"?
Lifthrasil: Ok. Let's see who knows this.
JMich: Would that be Gort from "The Day the Earth Stood Still"?
Yes, that would be correct.
Ok, let's try with a difficult one. 3 pics, let me see how many will attach at once.
Attachments:
pipe.jpg (285 Kb)
hood.jpg (177 Kb)
magazine.jpg (122 Kb)
Well I'll be damned, looks like they've fixed that forum bug.

ANOTHER SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE HAS COME.
Hint: This is the sequel. The first frame is from the first movie, but is seen in the second movie as well, as a recollection.
Hint 2: It's a Greek movie, if the title of the comic in the 2nd picture wasn't hint enough.
Last hint: Zombies.
Evil: In the Time of Heroes

and yes I needed all of the hints (if I'm right).
PhilD: Evil: In the Time of Heroes
And indeed you are correct. Evil (Το κακό) is the first movie, and Evil: In the Time of Heroes (Το Κακό στην Εποχή των Ηρώων) is the second one.

No idea if they are available outside of Greece, though when I had rented the DVD of the first one, I was surprised to see english subtitles were available.

Anyway, your turn.
PhilD: Evil: In the Time of Heroes
JMich: And indeed you are correct. Evil (Το κακό) is the first movie, and Evil: In the Time of Heroes (Το Κακό στην Εποχή των Ηρώων) is the second one.

No idea if they are available outside of Greece, though when I had rented the DVD of the first one, I was surprised to see english subtitles were available.

Anyway, your turn.
Pardon me for sounding culturally ignorant but I didn't know Greece produced horror films. Germany kind of invented them in the "silent" days followed by domination in the U.S. untill for some reason film makers over here forgot how to make them thus making the global horror power houses Mexico, Spain, and of course Japan which seems to make 90% of the really good horror stuff out there.

Was this movie an aberation or do you have a good movement over there. If so, I'm missing out big time!
tinyE: Was this movie an aberation or do you have a good movement over there. If so, I'm missing out big time!
Well, it's not mainstream horror movies, but there are people who do wish to film one. This was the first Greek zombie movie, on a shoelace budget, and it got decent zombie critics (aka 5/10 or so).
So no, while there are some quite good B-movie attempts in Greece, few ever get a dvd release, not to mention a theatrical one. But if you can find a copy of it, do watch it, and if you can't find a copy, PM me and I'll go look for one.
Ok, here's one of my favorites.

What can I say, I like a heart-warming inspirational story.
Attachments:
PhilD: Ok, here's one of my favorites.

What can I say, I like a heart-warming inspirational story.
The Shining?
DarkoD13: The Shining?
You got it!
Post edited February 17, 2013 by PhilD