It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Strijkbout: Conflict Zone?
Correct!
Ghorpm: It's a little thing that got my attention (the reporter down in the corner) but my imagination did the rest. It could create wonderful experience, story-related value. So... is this game actually good? And did they take advantage of the idea?
The question is what idea you mean exactly. ;) To be honest I'm not sure whether Conflict Zone is generally a good game, especially by today's standards. I loved it back then for its great visuals and huge amount of original ideas but it's quite possible that in retrospect the overall execution is bad, I'd have to play it again to give a true and honest opinion.

Anyway, to explain the thing with the reporter: in this game it's a publicly funded organization (like the original GDI) against some evil guys and the actual game is comparably serious. You regularly receive money depending on your reputation. Your reputation grows as you evacuate civilians from towns and obviously depletes whenever there's collateral damage, IIRC it also depletes if you do not provide first aid to your own wounded soldiers. That reporter in the corner provides feedback whenever something good or bad happens, additionally your AI controlled allies may communicate with you through that little screen. I don't remember how exactly the bad guys gather resources but they do have camera crews that create propaganda as they witness combat, IIRC they can actively harm the good guys' reputation. The weird part is that while the actual game is pretty serious all the cutscenes are pure comedy like movies by the Zucker guys with incredibly silly jokes. A very interesting and unique game, I really wish GOG would re-release it. Shouldn't be impossible as it was originally published by Ubisoft.

Lol, as I was writing this I remembered that I have it lying right next to me. A multilingual version was included with the German compilation Gold Games 6 which I recently picked up from my parents' place. Gotta find out whether it works on Windows 7. :D
So a new one, I sure hope I don't get banned from posting this. :)

edit:

buggy forum
Attachments:
hmm.jpg (48 Kb)
hmm2.jpg (40 Kb)
Post edited January 18, 2013 by Strijkbout
F4LL0UT: snip
Thanks a lot! My imagination was different but it looks interesting nevertheless. In general I expected that this reporter played a significant role in the game i.e. the gameplay is somehow related to her. And it seems it does - maybe not to the extent I was hoping for but this whole reputation thing sounds nice.
Strijkbout: So a new one, I sure hope I don't get banned from posting this. :)
Do I see a female tummy button exposed? Outrageous!

Luckily the display angle at umbilicus cavity is not a direct one, otherwise I do think you would be in trouble.
These pics are sexist!...The guy should be wearing a shirt.
tinyE: These pics are sexist!...The guy should be wearing a shirt.
Agreed.

I could actually see his boobies!!
I have no friggin' idea what it is but it looks hilarious. :D

edit:

buggy forum
ha - Strike one for good selection of shots, commander. The clue for this one is in the backgrounds, specially obvious in the second one that things are not as they may seem. I think someone may be disappointed by the solution.

edit:

buggy forum
amok: ha - Strike one for good selection of shots, commander. The clue for this one is in the backgrounds, specially obvious in the second one that things are not as they may seem. I think someone may be disappointed by the solution.
I don't think it is, but i'll say Duke Nukem 3D.

edit:

buggy forum
amok: ha - Strike one for good selection of shots, commander. The clue for this one is in the backgrounds, specially obvious in the second one that things are not as they may seem. I think someone may be disappointed by the solution.
Nice, I knew someone would know the answer, Strike Commander it is. :)
In the spirit of LSL games getting on GOG, here is another (overlooked?) one. Full title, please.
Attachments:
lsl4.jpg (313 Kb)
amok: In the spirit of LSL games getting on GOG, here is another (overlooked?) one. Full title, please.
Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers get all the Girls

There was a similar screenshot recently (relatively recently at lease ;)
amok: In the spirit of LSL games getting on GOG, here is another (overlooked?) one. Full title, please.
Ghorpm: Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers get all the Girls

ah - did not notice.. should have used 201, or 301...

your turn.
Ghorpm: Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers get all the Girls

amok: ah - did not notice.. should have used 201, or 301...

your turn.
Wait a minute, there is an actual game called "Spellcasting...Sorcerers get all the Girls"!? Where!? How much!?
Whatever the cost , I'll pay it!
Post edited January 19, 2013 by tinyE