It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Correct! shmups are probably my favourite genre.
Kasbe_DRC: Correct! shmups are probably my favourite genre.
That boss looks like a rip off of the bad guy from Blasteroids:

http://www.gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Commodore_64/Advert/big/Blasteroids_-_1989_-_Image_Works.jpg
Densetsu: Khm... Fantasy Zone? :)
Please post next screenshot! ;) I'm addicted ;)
F4LL0UT: You forgot the "Super". :P
Aw yeah; I did a quick search and overlooked some visual differences.

Your turn then, since you got it right. You certainly know your way around the Sega console games very well... ;)

P.S.:
Sorry Ghorpm for letting you wait. D:
F4LL0UT: You forgot the "Super". :P
Densetsu: Aw yeah; I did a quick search and overlooked some visual differences.

Your turn then, since you got it right. You certainly know your way around the Sega console games very well... ;)

P.S.:
Sorry Ghorpm for letting you wait. D:
Its actually your go!

Fantasy Zone is correct, you just missed the Super in front of the name (quite a few Megadrive and SNES games put super in front of names at the time but it was the same base game as its counterparts), thats all.
Oh, that I didn't know. Thanks!

Will be back shortly with the new entry!
Allright, now tell me what this wonderful game is:
Attachments:
image05a.jpg (113 Kb)
image05b.jpg (93 Kb)
image05c.jpg (118 Kb)
image05d.jpg (68 Kb)
Post edited January 18, 2013 by Densetsu
Densetsu: Allright, now tell me what this wonderful game is:
Knights of Xentar

I think it's the third time this game is posted on this thread. I've also posted it once before. ^^
F4LL0UT: Knights of Xentar

I think it's the third time this game is posted on this thread. I've also posted it once before. ^^
And of course it is! Did I mention how wonderful this game is?

GOG should definitely make an attempt at adding it to the catalog. The game has a graphical content that could be classified as adult or mature only if the NR-18 update is applied. Without it, there's nothing "harmful" or "disturbing" [;)] to be seen, just heaps upon heaps of text lines with felicitous humour and a... khm... slight sexual undertone. :D

So the NR-18 Update could be a bonus material one could obtain by proving his age. I think that would solve the problem.
Post edited January 18, 2013 by Densetsu
I missed the boat on anime and anime games; they just don't asthetically appeal to me. Maybe I'm retarded?
tinyE: .... Maybe I'm retarded?
No. Special, really really special.

Maybe even Extra Crispy!!
Densetsu: The game has a graphical content that could be classified as adult or mature only if the NR-18 update is applied.
Yeah, I remember that there existed different versions. Apparently there also exists a CD version with voice acting. Don't know whether it's Japanese with English subtitles or fully translated. Would love to see that one re-released.

Anyway, next pic.
tinyE: I missed the boat on anime and anime games; they just don't asthetically appeal to me. Maybe I'm retarded?
Nah, you're perfectly fine. I'm not a big fan of that stuff either (in fact I wouldn't touch most animes or jRPGs with a 10-foot pole). There are exceptions, though, in case of which one should look past the visual style.
flubbucket: No. Special, really really special.
Lol, my Dad used to say something like that when whenever I said stuff like "I'm so stupid" after having made a dumb mistake or something.
Attachments:
Post edited January 18, 2013 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: Yeah, I remember that there existed different versions. Apparently there also exists a CD version with voice acting. Don't know whether it's Japanese with English subtitles or fully translated. Would love to see that one re-released.
It's fully translated and the voice acting is great. I own the original CD release, which came without the NR-18 update; that was available separately on the floppy.

tinyE: I missed the boat on anime and anime games; they just don't asthetically appeal to me. Maybe I'm retarded?
Unless you see pink, the aesthetics of this one probably would appeal to you... ;)
F4LL0UT: snip
I have no idea what is it but man... it does look interesting! It's a little thing that got my attention (the reporter down in the corner) but my imagination did the rest. It could create wonderful experience, story-related value. But my experience taught me that games with massive potential tends to be a massive failure so I will not rush to buy it. But still it does look interesting. So... is this game actually good? And did they take advantage of the idea?
F4LL0UT:
Conflict Zone?
Post edited January 18, 2013 by Strijkbout