It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iain: That looks like Chrome
F4LL0UT: It also smells and tastes like Chrome. Because it is Chrome.

Just recently I learned that in the English version the hero is voiced by Jon St. John. One of the biggest surprises I've had in quite some time.
I'm going to have to re install it, got it a while ago but only played for about 20 minutes. It looks really nice for its age and reviews say its an above average shooter.

Onto the next!!
Attachments:
Iain: Just recently I learned that in the English version the hero is voiced by Jon St. John. One of the biggest surprises I've had in quite some time.
Heh yeah, I remember what I felt during the opening cinematic - Duke?? You're back!!!

Recently, another such moment was watching the Pacific Rim trailer (if you don't know what, go and watch it, but don't google info about it so you don't ruin the surprise)
Its nothing to do with Duke

This hails back to the 8 bit days
Iain: Onto the next!!
Knuckle Busters. I know a lot C64 games...
Iain: Onto the next!!
Ghorpm: Knuckle Busters. I know a lot C64 games...
Cool, same here, it was my childhood, had thousands of games on tape and later disc.

Your go
Iain: Cool, same here, it was my childhood, had thousands of games on tape and later disc.
Yup, me too. C64 was the computer I played on most when I was a kid. Furthermore I did some scientific research on old computers/consoles, mostly hardware oriented but we had to analyze software as well - after all with such a limited memory capacity it was really hard to develop anything. Some of their solutions are just brilliant and present-day developers should learn from them.

Oh yeah, I mentioned this research because due to my nostalgia I chose C64 as a main part of my studies and therefore I was able to play... err... study more C64 game ;)

Here comes the next one:
Attachments:
Ghorpm: Here comes the next one:
That would be Pyjamarama
Ghorpm: Here comes the next one:
xiongmao: That would be Pyjamarama
Sure thing!
Let us continue:
Attachments:
xiongmao: Let us continue:
Am I the only one who can recognize really old games? Come on, it can't be true! Or is it because nobody was interested in this genre? On the other hand that was the year of Transport Tycoon and Theme Park so nobody cared about less successful managerial games. Sigh... poor Motor City aka Oldtimer. I liked it. I really liked it. And I'm sad nobody even knows it... sigh...
xiongmao: Let us continue:
Ghorpm: Am I the only one who can recognize really old games? Come on, it can't be true! Or is it because nobody was interested in this genre? On the other hand that was the year of Transport Tycoon and Theme Park so nobody cared about less successful managerial games. Sigh... poor Motor City aka Oldtimer. I liked it. I really liked it. And I'm sad nobody even knows it... sigh...
Apparently someone does know it ^_^
Your turn again
Ghorpm: Am I the only one who can recognize really old games? Come on, it can't be true! Or is it because nobody was interested in this genre? On the other hand that was the year of Transport Tycoon and Theme Park so nobody cared about less successful managerial games. Sigh... poor Motor City aka Oldtimer. I liked it. I really liked it. And I'm sad nobody even knows it... sigh...
xiongmao: Apparently someone does know it ^_^
Your turn again
Voted!

Next one in attachment. Man, I hate that woman...
Attachments:
fan.gif (5 Kb)
Post edited January 06, 2013 by Ghorpm
xiongmao: Apparently someone does know it ^_^
Your turn again
Ghorpm: Voted!

Next one in attachment. Man, I hate that woman...
I don't recognise to many older strategy / tycoon type games. Only started really getting into them a few year back but it was the Bullfrog stuff which always stood out for me.

That pic however is from Yie Ar Kung Fu and is the C64 version of it

Next one now attached
Attachments:
runaway.jpg (25 Kb)
Post edited January 06, 2013 by Iain
Iain: I don't recognise to many older strategy / tycoon type games. Only started really getting into them a few year back but it was the Bullfrog stuff which always stood out for me.
Very good choice!

Iain: That pic however is from Yie Ar Kung Fu and is the C64 version of it
Sure!

Iain: Next one now attached
I have no idea! ;)
Iain: I don't recognise to many older strategy / tycoon type games. Only started really getting into them a few year back but it was the Bullfrog stuff which always stood out for me.
Ghorpm: Very good choice!

Iain: That pic however is from Yie Ar Kung Fu and is the C64 version of it
Ghorpm: Sure!

Iain: Next one now attached
Ghorpm: I have no idea! ;)
Its a very good game from the days of the C64, never managed to finish it though as I always ran out of energy.