It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: Okay, next game:
"Pixeljunk Monsters" maybe?
Austrobogulator: Okay, next game:
phandom: "Pixeljunk Monsters" maybe?
Nope.

Also, not Atlus.
My wild guess since the clue "rpg pubisher" clue was given was Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure but I didn't played enough gurumin to recognize those pixels. IDK, I seemed like the art design is similar
nicohvc: My wild guess since the clue "rpg pubisher" clue was given was Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure but I didn't played enough gurumin to recognize those pixels. IDK, I seemed like the art design is similar
Nope, and I guess I forgot to mention - it's not an RPG.
A publisher well known for their JRPG? Square Enix?
nicohvc: Funny fact: I didn't know that exhumed was the original name (I know the game under the name powerslave). Also I thought this was another "powerslave game" because I'm not familiar with that view! In any case, I was late. When I entered to the thread looking for news the trivia was already posted and solved.
Exhodos: I think the original name is Powerslave, and then it has been translated to Exhumed for french market (I'm not sure, but I think).
We are silly, I don't understand why french people translate an english title into an other english title... There are many video games, or movies, or whatever, in that case. For example, the movie "Bad Biology" has been translated for the french market into... "Sex Addict"... At least the Québec people give real french translation to movies/books/series/etc... We really can learn things from them... But I'm totally out of the thread here! Let's HanselPete play.
Actually, the game was renamed Exhumed in Europe and A.D. 1999: Pharaoh's Revival in Japan.
And the title PowerSlave is a reference to an Iron Maiden album of the same name which features an Egyptian-themed cover. Look: https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12320476_f520.jpg
Post edited January 29, 2017 by MaximeMartyr
This publisher is also known for their stealth games.
I can't stop thinking about something related to Keita Takahashi but seems like I'm in a wrong way. Let's keeping the searching.
nicohvc: I can't stop thinking about something related to Keita Takahashi but seems like I'm in a wrong way. Let's keeping the searching.
Nothing to do with him. The screenshot title is a complete red herring.
Wow! A publisher well known for JRPG and stealth games? Then I have no idea.
I suggested Square Enix when you talked about a publisher well known for JRPG (and you didn't answer to me) but I don't think Square Enix is related to stealth games.
MaximeMartyr: Wow! A publisher well known for JRPG and stealth games? Then I have no idea.
I suggested Square Enix when you talked about a publisher well known for JRPG (and you didn't answer to me) but I don't think Square Enix is related to stealth games.
:( Oh, sorry. Your post just looked like a reply about Exhumed, so I kinda glossed over your post.

So, yeah, Square Enix. I'd definitely say they're related to stealth games. Three of the biggest stealth franchises belong to SE: Deus Ex, Hitman, Thief.
Oh. I see. When you say "stealth games", I rather think Metal Gear, Tenchu, Splinter Cell. :-3
And I don't really consider Square Enix the legitimate publisher of Deus Ex, Thief and Hitman because they are not the original publisher, they just got the IP from the original publishers.
I miss Eidos Interactive. It was a great publisher! Do you know that Eidos used to leave complete freedom to developpers and take great care of them? I don't know many publishers who respect developers as much as Eidos used to do.
I am sad that Eidos Interactive got eaten by Square Enix...
Post edited January 30, 2017 by MaximeMartyr
MaximeMartyr: And the title PowerSlave is a reference to an Iron Maiden album of the same name which features an Egyptian-themed cover. Look: https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12320476_f520.jpg
I've been suspected that but didn't know that it was a real fact. "maybe powerslave is pretty much common term in ancient egyptian references than I though" Nice! Powerslave is one of my favourites iron maiden discs. Also the art on that album was great and easily my favourite .

Now on the trivia... with that definitive hint, my guess:

Yosumin!
Post edited January 30, 2017 by nicohvc
MaximeMartyr: And the title PowerSlave is a reference to an Iron Maiden album of the same name which features an Egyptian-themed cover. Look: https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12320476_f520.jpg
nicohvc: I've been suspected that but didn't know that it was a real fact. "maybe powerslave is pretty much common term in ancient egyptian references than I though" Nice! Powerslave is one of my favourites iron maiden discs. Also the art on that album was great and easily my favourite .

Now on the trivia... with that definitive hint, my guess:

Yosumin!
Yep. That's it

\o/
Next game
Attachments:
nicohvc: Next game
Discworld