It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: HINT

The first picture is the game you're supposed to name.

The second picture does NOT contain screenshots from the game in question but a two-part hint for everyone just trying to guess its name.
Fever_Discordia: I just saw DoomRL (Doom Rouge Like) mentioned in another thread - is it that?
Sorry, no. ;)
Fever_Discordia: I just saw DoomRL (Doom Rouge Like) mentioned in another thread - is it that?
Leroux: Sorry, no. ;)
Whats a ' Rogulelike' ;-P
Leroux: Sorry, no. ;)
Fever_Discordia: Whats a ' Rogulelike' ;-P
It's just another name for Rougelike.
Fever_Discordia: Whats a ' Rogulelike' ;-P
kalirion: It's just another name for Rougelike.
Which, in turn, is just another name for cosmetics. ;)
kalirion: It's just another name for Rougelike.
Leroux: Which, in turn, is just another name for cosmetics. ;)
Not all cosmetics, just "I can't believe it's not rouge!"

The second picture does NOT contain screenshots from the game in question but a two-part hint for everyone just trying to guess its name.
That was a nice riddle! I had no idea what is it, but I used a second screenshot to guess the name. That's how I did it: the game from the second screenshot is Dead Space. But you've said that it's a two-part hint so I assumed I have to take one word from the title and combine it with something else. I've noticed that a few words in the briefing are yellow whereas the rest of them are green. So I tried to combine those. I've check:
- Space troopers (sounds a bit like Starship troopers but it was a reasonable guess)
- Dead troopers (yeah, that sounds silly but you you never know, indie devs are sometimes... eccentric)
- Space aliens (well... I think aliens should come from the space, otherwise they wouldn't be called aliens but...)
- Dead Aliens (the same as dead troopers)
- Space colony (and that was very stupid, because there is a game with that title)

And finally:

Dead Colony

Ghorpm: That was a nice riddle! I had no idea what is it, but I used a second screenshot to guess the name. That's how I did it: the game from the second screenshot is Dead Space. But you've said that it's a two-part hint so I assumed I have to take one word from the title and combine it with something else. I've noticed that a few words in the briefing are yellow whereas the rest of them are green. So I tried to combine those. I've check:
- Space troopers (sounds a bit like Starship troopers but it was a reasonable guess)
- Dead troopers (yeah, that sounds silly but you you never know, indie devs are sometimes... eccentric)
- Space aliens (well... I think aliens should come from the space, otherwise they wouldn't be called aliens but...)
- Space colony (and that was very stupid, because there is a game with that title)

And finally:

Dead Colony
Correct! There are two games in the second screenshot, Dead Space and Dark Colony, but not knowing how well known SSI's Dark Colony is, I also made sure that the word colony was in the screenshot. Nice Work! :)

Your turn.
Ghorpm: That was a nice riddle! I had no idea what is it, but I used a second screenshot to guess the name. That's how I did it: the game from the second screenshot is Dead Space. But you've said that it's a two-part hint so I assumed I have to take one word from the title and combine it with something else. I've noticed that a few words in the briefing are yellow whereas the rest of them are green. So I tried to combine those. I've check:

And finally:

Dead Colony
Leroux: Correct! There are two games in the second screenshot, Dead Space and Dark Colony, but not knowing how well known SSI's Dark Colony is, I also made sure that the word colony was in the screenshot. Nice Work! :)

Your turn.
I've played Dark Colony ages ago but I didn't recognize it from the briefing screenshot. I would, however, recognize it if you posted the gameplay screenshot with the base because they were quite unique - you had no choice where to build your structures like in other RTS games from that time. You were basically upgrading your main building so that it could produce more advanced units.

I will post something soon.

EDIT: and here it is!
Attachments:
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Ghorpm
I don't know the game but A) Ghorpm gets the prize for best pic ever posted in here and B) It seems to be NES which means there is a ROM for it somewhere which means I'll be doing some ROM downloading pretty soon. :D
tinyE: I don't know the game but A) Ghorpm gets the prize for best pic ever posted in here and B) It seems to be NES which means there is a ROM for it somewhere which means I'll be doing some ROM downloading pretty soon. :D
ROTFL! No, it's not NES, I've never owned one. It's C64 (I still have a running C64!), but all you need to do is download some emulator (like VICE - be sure to download the version for your OS) and the game file. I'll give you a link when somebody guesses what is it.
tinyE: I don't know the game but A) Ghorpm gets the prize for best pic ever posted in here and B) It seems to be NES which means there is a ROM for it somewhere which means I'll be doing some ROM downloading pretty soon. :D
Ghorpm: ROTFL! No, it's not NES, I've never owned one. It's C64 (I still have a running C64!), but all you need to do is download some emulator (like VICE - be sure to download the version for your OS) and the game file. I'll give you a link when somebody guesses what is it.
Thanks but I've already got Vice on here somewhere. I use it to play the original Wolfenstein.
Nobody? Really?

HINT: Obviously you are playing as a blond guy and the bald one (a teacher) is trying to catch you. And from time to time he is throwing his... dentures at. Yes, DENTURES! With those informations you should be able to find it.
Ghorpm: Nobody? Really?

HINT: Obviously you are playing as a blond guy and the bald one (a teacher) is trying to catch you. And from time to time he is throwing his... dentures at. Yes, DENTURES! With those informations you should be able to find it.
Its a home version of an arcade game that I've seen and played in MAME just can't think what it was called
'Lover Boy' maybe?

*edit* no, actually, it seem to be 'Mikie'
Post edited June 19, 2013 by Fever_Discordia
Ghorpm: Nobody? Really?

Fever_Discordia: Its a home version of an arcade game that I've seen and played in MAME just can't think what it was called
'Lover Boy' maybe?
no, it's not. Try again ;)
Fever_Discordia: Its a home version of an arcade game that I've seen and played in MAME just can't think what it was called
'Lover Boy' maybe?
Ghorpm: no, it's not. Try again ;)
Oop you ninja'd me editing my last post - my new guess was 'Mikie' if you missed it