It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Non-digital game.... Chess?
I had a Pole Position II Atari cartridge in 85/86.

Edited for fuzzy memory :P
Post edited April 10, 2022 by DavidOrion93
Might and Magic (1986)
Although this has since replaced with a digital version as the disc for that one is long gone.

Dragonstrike and Ultima 6 (1990)
These would be the oldest that I own that haven't been replaced with digital copies. Dragonstrike only exists now as a backup as the floppy that it would have been released on are long gone.

Revelations: Persona (1996)
This would be the oldest console game that I still own. It's partially responsible for me never finishing Final Fantasy 7, with the other responsible party being the guy who told me the only real spoiler in FF7 a few weeks after its US release before I got to that point. I ended up setting it aside to play later, only to never get back to it when Persona got released a few months later.
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a CD copy of Star Wars: Rebel Assault and its sequel. I absolutely loved the second game as a kid, it was a major part of why I grew up to be such a Star Wars megafan.
Master of Magic or Wing Commander 2

Damn. Necro thread.
Post edited April 10, 2022 by paladin181
Apollo 2001 console that played variation of Pong
My 3 oldest non-digital games:

Kung-Fu (NES, 1985)
Nekketsu Koha Kunio-kun (Famicom, 1986)
Double Dragon (NES, 1988)
Something like this
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/710JsT3TvKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
For console games, the oldest I currently own is Battle Arena Toshinden (1995). It was one of the earlier titles for the original Playstation.

When I had a SNES, it came with Super Mario World (1990). I no longer own SNES or any of its games, having given them away years ago.

For PC, I think it would be Warcraft (1994), which I received as a Christmas gift.
Post edited April 10, 2022 by SpaceMadness
The oldest physical game I own? I think that's Tetris. Should clarify on the original Gameboy.

The earliest game I remember getting was Steel Panthers III, the big box.
Post edited April 10, 2022 by AnimalMother117
What is the oldest non digital game you own or have owned?

Besides my fingers and toes?
Probably the classic wooden bricks.

If by "non digital game" you mean indeed a digital game, but one that wasn't purchased as a digital download ...good question.

The first digital games I ever played, must have been the games on the Sonnesta hide-away-tv-game owned by my uncle (he later gifted that console to me).

Now, when it comes to first owned...that was games for the Atari 2600, which belonged to another uncle, and which he gifted to me (and my brother) before I got gifted the Sonnesta.

As to which game exactly was the "first" that I owned on that console is hard to say, since it came with several cartridges ("Air-Sea-Battle" and "Combat" were definitely among them, to name just two).

And yes: I still own them all (well, not the wooden bricks, those got gifted to kids in the family later on).
Attachments:
sonnesta.jpg (39 Kb)
BreOl72: What is the oldest non digital game you own or have owned?

Besides my fingers and toes?
Probably the classic wooden bricks.

If by "non digital game" you mean indeed a digital game, but one that wasn't purchased as a digital download ...good question.

The first digital games I ever played, must have been the games on the Sonnesta hide-away-tv-game owned by my uncle (he later gifted that console to me).

Now, when it comes to first owned...that was games for the Atari 2600, which belonged to another uncle, and which he gifted to me (and my brother) before I got gifted the Sonnesta.

As to which game exactly was the "first" that I owned on that console is hard to say, since it came with several cartridges ("Air-Sea-Battle" and "Combat" were definitely among them, to name just two).

And yes: I still own them all (well, not the wooden bricks, those got gifted to kids in the family later on).
wow that's some FIRST GEN console. You have a little museum there.
Post edited April 11, 2022 by Dogmaus
The other day I noticed the C64 versions of Mercenary, The Eidolon, The Last Ninja and The Sentinel at the back of a shelf in my office.

They weren’t the first games I bought, but I don’t know if I still have the media of any of the older ones. I might have.
Hmmm, I don't remember exactly, but I think it was the very first The Sims. Following that were probably games like Worms 3D, the first Dawn of War, etc.

But if we're talking about non digital games in a literal sense, then it'd probably be chess or snakes and ladders.
Donkey Kong for the SNES.