It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: The reason for it is high price for Slitherine games and the not so popular genres on gog.
Humm... but there are some games in their catalog who really could be in here, no doubt about that. Heck, Battle Academy was released for the x360. You just can't say a wargame console titles is deep as its pc counterpart, right?! :)
Besides those we've mentioned, I think that Magnifico, Hell, Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager and Pandora would just fit in here.
Cadaver747: Not sure. Indie developers like to collect money on Steam and then later get some more cash on GOG. So why not?
Bavarian: You didn't follow the whole affair, did you? Hatred is/was a highly controversial, highly demanded and highly mediocre game. GOG refused it while it was still hyped; a decision that lead to a considerable amount of anger towards them in parts of the community. Releasing it at a later point would be a most illogical thing to do. It was a 'now or never one-time opportunity'. There's no way Hatred will ever be on GOG.
Apparently not. Was it an official GOG statement?
Bavarian: You didn't follow the whole affair, did you? Hatred is/was a highly controversial, highly demanded and highly mediocre game. GOG refused it while it was still hyped; a decision that lead to a considerable amount of anger towards them in parts of the community. Releasing it at a later point would be a most illogical thing to do. It was a 'now or never one-time opportunity'. There's no way Hatred will ever be on GOG.
Cadaver747: Apparently not. Was it an official GOG statement?
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/hatred-developer-says-gog-refuses-to-distribute-the-game/
Half-Life 3. LOL
From a publisher perspective I think that the only really almost impossible ones would be Valve and Blizzard games. Valve won't release on anything other than Steam and Blizzard won't even release on that. So you can list all the Valve and Blizzard games if you want.

From GOG's perspective there are a lot of substandard games out there. I'm not going to go into naming them all.
Half Life 3! ;)

Though I'm having serious doubts it will ever be released on Steam either ;)
DracoMagister: Half-Life 3. LOL
Doh! I just made the same joke - I even went back to the front page to make sure it hadn't been dropped within the first five posts of the thread, never thinking it would be just two post above mine LOL! ;)
Post edited September 21, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
Sid Meier's Civilization® V (uses Steamworks for modding.)
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
What's the point of this?
JKHSawyer: What's the point of this?
Have fun and be surprised if the game will be released on GOG (but you said before it will never come here). At least this is the point for me. ;)
Atlantico: Having MMOs on that list only pads it, though it technically fits the list (because they'll never be released on gog.com)

FF14 will never be on gog.com but yeah, that's because of the nature of the thing, not a business decision.
Steam "sells" MMOs. Humble Bundle has MMO deals on occasion. I'm pretty sure I've seen deals on Bundle Stars or other such distributors. Why is that padding the list any differently than saying, Games with DRM, or Steam exclusives?
Atlantico: Having MMOs on that list only pads it, though it technically fits the list (because they'll never be released on gog.com)

FF14 will never be on gog.com but yeah, that's because of the nature of the thing, not a business decision.
hucklebarry: Steam "sells" MMOs. Humble Bundle has MMO deals on occasion. I'm pretty sure I've seen deals on Bundle Stars or other such distributors. Why is that padding the list any differently than saying, Games with DRM, or Steam exclusives?
Because games with DRM can technically be sold without DRM and Steam exclusives could be non-exclusives, but MMOs can't ever be DRM free. They are DRM in its purest form.
Thanks for the guidance. It's really an odd decision since we have a very controversial adults only game here with raping scene (to be banned by UK laws) and extreme violence called Phantasmagoria ;)))
Navagon: From a publisher perspective I think that the only really almost impossible ones would be Valve and Blizzard games. Valve won't release on anything other than Steam and Blizzard won't even release on that. So you can list all the Valve and Blizzard games if you want.

From GOG's perspective there are a lot of substandard games out there. I'm not going to go into naming them all.
I still want to believe that Activision will release Diablo Gold (bundled with Hell-Fire from ex-Sierra). It's one company after all, this game is not available on Battle.Net so it's quite possible.

Navagon: So you can list all the Valve and Blizzard games if you want.
In that case I'll pick just one game: The Lost Vikings since it's officially available from Battle.Net / classical games section.
Post edited September 22, 2015 by Cadaver747
Gerin: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
That's a good one, we have almost complete Might & Magic collection on GOG but something stops Ubisoft from releasing this gem.
JKHSawyer: What's the point of this?
There is no actual point except for expressing one's imagination and speculate about many possibilites. But I think adding Wishlist links might prove useful.
Atlantico: Because games with DRM can technically be sold without DRM and Steam exclusives could be non-exclusives, but MMOs can't ever be DRM free. They are DRM in its purest form.
True. To support an MMO game company must maintain servers. Login/password authentication is part of DRM scheme.
Maybe one day GOG will restate their approach like: DRM-free games and variety of MMO RPGs ;)
Post edited September 22, 2015 by Cadaver747
The-Business: They are now porting and publishing on Steam and offering there up to 75% discount, so that shouldn't be an issue. As far as I have been told, purchasing from their store returns an installer with an offline serial check, so DRM freedom isn't an issue.
Matruchus: The biggest issue is very high price and very much niche genres for which there might not be that big chance of a release here. Recently we lost Hegemony games that were coming to gog since the series got stamped with "too niche"TM gog stamp and they fall in the same genre as Slitherine games.

Eitherway it all depends on gog and Slitherine at the end.
that really sucks bigtime. How can games be classed as too niche on gog of all places? geeez....throw all the wargames and turn based games gog sells into that basket...